The man The voice The guitar

News about the upcoming tour

Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Post by Müfo »

Hello everybody!
For those who go to the Leipzig- Concert tonight: Would you please post the setlist as soon as possible. My ticket- buying for Freiburg depends on it.
Thank you very much and have fun tonight!!
Jan
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Yes to everyone going to upcoming concerts -Enjoy !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

And post the track list!
Oh look out world, take a good look
What comes down here
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Many comments are available at chrisrea.com (including mine, so it was posted), no setlists! everybody just says they're very satisfied. That doesn't really help :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

Exactly!
Of course you're satisfied with Chris Rea concert!
Nothin' new!
Oh look out world, take a good look
What comes down here
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

BlueMaranello wrote:Exactly!
Of course you're satisfied with Chris Rea concert!
Nothin' new!
I would say that it´s not the obvious as if there is nothing new in the setlist I would not be 100% satisfied with that kind of gig. AND one new song "Still so far to go" doesn´t make the gig to be worth of titled as satisfied.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

For those of you who are obsessivly desperate for a track list, here's one posted on Chris Rea on Facebook, for the gig in Dresden:

"Tudor Mocanu Hello to all,
here is the playlist from the concert in Dresden (26.01):

I can't wait for love/Work gang/Where the blues come from/Josephine/Easy rider/Til the morning sun shines/Stony road/Julia/Electric guitar/Looking for the summer/Somewhere between highway 61 & 49/Stainsby girls/Come so far yet still so far to go/Road... to hell// On the beach/Let's dance

not so sure about the exact order in the middle part but hope I didn't forget anything :)"

http://www.facebook.com/Chris.Rea

Lily
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Mr_Blues wrote:I would say that it´s not the obvious as if there is nothing new in the setlist I would not be 100% satisfied with that kind of gig. AND one new song "Still so far to go" doesn´t make the gig to be worth of titled as satisfied.
There's one "BUT": we are the minority, please don't forget :)
The worst is gone....
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

lilybee wrote:here is the playlist from the concert in Dresden (26.01):

I can't wait for love/Work gang/Where the blues come from/Josephine/Easy rider/Til the morning sun shines/Stony road/Julia/Electric guitar/Looking for the summer/Somewhere between highway 61 & 49/Stainsby girls/Come so far yet still so far to go/Road... to hell// On the beach/Let's dance
Lily
Thanks a million Lily!
OK, the 2nd new song is another track from Blue Guitars that wasn't played live before.
I don't think I'm going :lol:
The worst is gone....
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

lilybee wrote:For those of you who are obsessivly desperate for a track list, here's one posted on Chris Rea on Facebook, for the gig in Dresden:

"Tudor Mocanu Hello to all,
here is the playlist from the concert in Dresden (26.01):

not so sure about the exact order in the middle part but hope I didn't forget anything :)"

http://www.facebook.com/Chris.Rea

Lily
Thanks Lily,
I hope they keep "electric guitar" in the line up, cant wait to hear that played live :-)
Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Well, the setlist turned out to be the way which I was afraid of, Electric Guitar and Still So Far To Go is not enough to save the day I´m afraid. [EDIT: Please don't use this word], even changing few songs from Blue Guitars to different ones from it would be good thing. What it is, why the band can´t practice few more new songs for the tour? Complete waste of time to circle around the Europe with around 95 % of same setlist. Insane....
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Well, really, Mr. Blues, the majority likes it, there are not so many real fans that know these songs by heart. If I ever go to another artist's concert, I don't care if he only plays hits, because I don't know any other songs of him. And I would really enjoy that gig then. So let Chris do what he's doing, he needs to race, and the people like his old songs... again and again :lol:
The worst is gone....
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Mr_Blues wrote:Well, the setlist turned out to be the way which I was afraid of, Electric Guitar and Still So Far To Go is not enough to save the day I´m afraid. [EDIT: Please don't use this word], even changing few songs from Blue Guitars to different ones from it would be good thing. What it is, why the band can´t practice few more new songs for the tour? Complete waste of time to circle around the Europe with around 95 % of same setlist. Insane....
Mr Blues, why always so negative?
The way I look at it, Chris has earn't the right to play what he likes. We should just be grateful the man is still alive and able to tour. Yes I would like to see a few different songs but most of the audience reaction comes from the old songs so that must be what most people want to hear. For me it's a privilege to have the chance to see him in action again.
Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

I am coming to see Chris in Dublin from New Zealand (with many thanks to Tina who I can't wait to meet) and as I have never seen him live I will be only too happy to see him play all the old favourites and whatever else he chooses to do. There are still many fans out there who have never seen him live and even though the old regulars keep being included in his setlist, what the heck, this is what his fans enjoy hearing. Yes it would be great to have a totally new setlist but as always the majority rules. Chris has such a wide range of music that there is no way he can keep all of the people happy all of the time. You just have to love the music he plays and enjoy it. I know I certainly will and it will become one of those extra special moments in my life.
Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

@ vivienne

Well done. There is nothing more to say. Enjoy Chris. I have seen him nearly 12 times since 1990 an the road to hell tour.

And every time he comes around i will be there to see this man live. He is great !