The man The voice The guitar

News about the upcoming tour

Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: News about the upcoming tour

Post by Müfo »

So if the majority only knows the old hits, they wouldn`t mind of some different songs from blue guitars, hofner, stony road, blue jukebox.... Of course Rea should play, what he wants to play, but what he does now is completly the opposite of what he announced after his farwell-tour and what you can read in the tour programm of that tour.
Sorry, but I realy can`t believe that some people think that Rea only can keep on racing if he plays this and no other setlist :?
Take care
Jan
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Müfo wrote:So if the majority only knows the old hits, they wouldn`t mind of some different songs from blue guitars, hofner, stony road, blue jukebox.... Of course Rea should play, what he wants to play, but what he does now is completly the opposite of what he announced after his farwell-tour and what you can read in the tour programm of that tour.
Sorry, but I realy can`t believe that some people think that Rea only can keep on racing if he plays this and no other setlist :?
Take care
Jan
Touché ! :)

Someone asked about being always negative, well I can´t be positive about the current setlist and how this tour is coming along. It´s complete waste of the talent to play same old songs and not changing songs on the setlist.
For me that is lack of imagination and I can´t take that from The Man who I´ve always looked up.
This is the lazy way of doing the tour and I would say that musician who has selfrespect should not go this route.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

The Road to Hell- Chris Rea live in Berlin- 31. Januar 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTruCJVBHk

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I know I will be repeating myself, but so be it.
Many concertgoers intend to purchase tickets to Chris Rea concerts exactly because they expect him to play all of his well known songs. Therefore what he does, I think, he's snicking-in some rarely played tunes as well as playing two, three new compositions. That is, as if to try to satisfy everyone. Obviously, for some fans this will still be "unacceptable","not sufficient" or outright "wrong." Well, too bad, I would say. He will not play concerts for the chosen few (unless it's a small-venue, "private" gig) because it wouldn't be economically sound. Tours cost a lot of money (transportation, logistic, hotels, meals etc.) and Chris Rea needs to be certain that money he spends brings in at least some profit. I understand it perfectly well.
By sticking to his setlist in Leipzig, Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin or Prague he only proved to be predictable.
I don't think anyone wants to ruin him (and his family) financially?
Take care,
Chris
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Chris wrote:I know I will be repeating myself, but so be it.
Many concertgoers intend to purchase tickets to Chris Rea concerts exactly because they expect him to play all of his well known songs. Therefore what he does, I think, he's snicking-in some rarely played tunes as well as playing two, three new compositions. That is, as if to try to satisfy everyone. Obviously, for some fans this will still be "unacceptable","not sufficient" or outright "wrong." Well, too bad, I would say. He will not play concerts for the chosen few (unless it's a small-venue, "private" gig) because it wouldn't be economically sound. Tours cost a lot of money (transportation, logistic, hotels, meals etc.) and Chris Rea needs to be certain that money he spends brings in at least some profit. I understand it perfectly well.
By sticking to his setlist in Leipzig, Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin or Prague he only proved to be predictable.
I don't think anyone wants to ruin him (and his family) financially?
Take care,
Chris
Your common concertgoers doesn´t give a - if Chris would play something else instead of these:

1. I Can't Wait For Love
2. Work Gang
3. Where The Blues...
5. Easy Rider
9. Stony Road
10.Electric Guitar
11.Still So Far...
12.Between Highway...

So, The Man could easily change 8 songs from his setlist and it would still bring everyone involved pockets full of money. So, your point over here is full of crap my friend.
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

The set list predicament is a very emotive issue. Looking at it objectivley you can see why Chris would play mostly hits with the odd number of other songs in to intoroduce the not so die hard fan to some of his other material. From a selfish point of view having seen Chris live many times and having heard most of the set list many times I would have loved a completley different set list. However I bet what I would love to hear live would be different from what Tina or lilybee or Mr Blues etc would want to hear in their set list so really there is no good outcome to suit die hard fans. A tour is a commercial product where you try to make the most revenue by playing what the general public would want to hear and that is what is happening. At the end of the day we all have a choice of whether to go or not. For me I will be in Glasgow in April to hear the master at work once again no matter what he plays and as someone pointed out earlier we should all just be thankfull he is fit and well enough to play!

P.S. Forgive the spelling please :lol:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

BLUEHOOD71 wrote:The set list predicament is a very emotive issue. Looking at it objectivley you can see why Chris would play mostly hits with the odd number of other songs in to intoroduce the not so die hard fan to some of his other material. From a selfish point of view having seen Chris live many times and having heard most of the set list many times I would have loved a completley different set list. However I bet what I would love to hear live would be different from what Tina or lilybee or Mr Blues etc would want to hear in their set list so really there is no good outcome to suit die hard fans. A tour is a commercial product where you try to make the most revenue by playing what the general public would want to hear and that is what is happening. At the end of the day we all have a choice of whether to go or not. For me I will be in Glasgow in April to hear the master at work once again no matter what he plays and as someone pointed out earlier we should all just be thankfull he is fit and well enough to play!

P.S. Forgive the spelling please :lol:
You are wrong, there is good outcome when he changes more than one or two songs from the setlist,
it really doesn´t matter what songs he plays instead, just change the - setlist with about five or six songs and then we are talking !!
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

In your humble opinion!! Mr Blues
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

and one thing I keep thinking about - isn't he bored himself of playing the same stuff over and over again?..
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

Peace, people!
You're losing it...
Oh look out world, take a good look
What comes down here
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

elangelo wrote:and one thing I keep thinking about - isn't he bored himself of playing the same stuff over and over again?..
Yes, musically it doesn´t really give much to the musicians to be playing same songs over and over again.
HiredGun
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by HiredGun »

hello,

Here you can find some pics from the Prague concert...

grtz

http://kultura.idnes.cz/ani-hitovy-konc ... 5_hudba_ob
"The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer..."
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

Hou la la,

I'll be in Brussels in March, and Chris can sing what he wants. To see him on stage is my best reward. For the rest, I listen to his records.

:)
HiredGun
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by HiredGun »

Hopefully he will do something special in Brussels since it is his birthday. Can't wait.....
"The eyes take on a certain gaze
And leave behind the springtime days
Go looking for the summer..."
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Mr_Blues wrote: So, your point over here is full of crap my friend.
Mr Blues,
Remember that everyone is entitled to express their opinions and if you disagree, then that is your opinion but please do not tell people that their view is "full of crap". This forum is supposed to be a place for fans to meet and have good natured discussions about their common interest, not a place to have an argument.

I know for a fact that this type of thing is spoiling the forum for others who, unlike you, are able to accept that someone has a view different to theirs.

Please respect other users of the forum and accept that they might have different opinions to you but this doesn't mean they are wrong.

Regards,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...