The man The voice The guitar

New album in September

ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Re: New album in September

Post by ace of hearts »

elangelo wrote:Didn't like the Disc1 at all, the 'Electric Guitar' is just a copy of 'God's Great Banana Skin''s sample. I think last two songs are great.
Don't think I'll buy it! :lol:

So that really means you will Elangelo !! :)
could this be true, could this be me..
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi elangelo,

electric guitar is the sample of " this kind of love ". Never released but you can see it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/littlecouin ... czNk3s7M8c

I think warner wants a new chris rea, but not to new , you know.

So he looked what he has done over the last years and put it on to cd.

Maybe chris wanted to put the films out and accepted warners wishes.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

"Electric Guitar" actually sounds like a clone of "Joys Of Christmas" - listen to the drums, the keys, the guitar...

I like the live version he played 2010 very much and now I'm a bit disappointed...

Cheers

Tobi
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

About Sound. Just played on the BBC2 radio. Dancing my Blues Away. Sounds very good and clear to me. Much better than the snippets. If one likes the record is another question. I detect some instruments i did not hear the first time it came out on the BBC or i am wrong.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Just listened to the song via BBC iPlayer and I also think this version differs from the one we heard a few months ago. I'm still not completely satisfied with the drum sound - but I'm looking forward to listening to the whole album in good audio quality. I think it will be Chris' best record since 1993.

By the way: they keep on saying that this album will be the first new material for 10 years :roll: Maybe that's what Warner told them - but it's not quite fair to omit his last records only because Chris then had signed to a different record company :(
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

One can hear now snippets on Amazon.de. Maybe better quality sound and some different parts of songs. Haven't heard it all yet.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you chrisreafan for this link. I think I'll pick my copy while I'm in Munich for the Oktoberfest 2011!
Take care,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Here's the link to the program where the new version of 'Dancing the Blues Away' is played:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0130280#p00js3mc
It starts at 0:54:50
You can really hear some new keyboards, and the sound is maybe a bit better, you can tell us Chris if it is! But we can't get rid of the drums anyway :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Chris,

Don't wanna sound like someone his parent or mom or dad, but you know some terrible things happened lately by massparty's or gatherings. Also don't want to make some loonie aware about possibilities who are there in everydaylife. But having said that be aware and like you always say...take care.

It's about feeling and never been to such a fest so i have no right probably to make judgements(security?) but its more about the above.(feeling) Have fun and a pleasant stay by our neighbours.

(I also don't go anymore to zoo's because of animals (gorilla's) jumping over the fence.) In other zoo's its known that predators have been getting humans to eat (mobvictims) so they smell fear and humanblood and so on. Yeah i know don't you have something more happy to say haha. Its about risk and your own tolerance.)

I do go to Chris his concert next year, that must be ok LOL!
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Just a quick question, where are people ordering from, after the slowness of despatch last time from Rhino direct I am going to use Amazon I think.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Bol.com, expensive but you can rely on them.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

My status has changed on Amazon to Dispatching soon, Hopefully arrive on day of release !! :)
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Recieved my copy through Rhino today her on the other side of the world! Good old New Zealand where the Rugby World Cup is about to start.
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

And I chose to go with Amazon after they were slow getting delivery last time !!
Enjoy Vivienne :)
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Be patient it is worth waiting for. Just blown away. Amazing, it gets better and better :D
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me