The man The voice The guitar

Studio album & box set June 13th 2011

vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Studio album & box set June 13th 2011

Post by vivienne »

Have a look at this website which has info on the new project and comments at the end:-

"The Santo Spirito Project will be released by Rhino UK, a division of Warner Music, on Monday June 13th 2011 on CD/DVD only at no more than the price of a normal CD single album and will not be available for digital download until December 2011.

Chris is available for interview to talk about The Santo Spirito Project and his extensive career.

A European tour will follow in 2012 followed by the publication of his long awaited autobiography The Road To Hell & Back Again"

http://www.3rdrpr.com/articles/65316719 ... to-Project
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Ken Green

Re: Studio album & box set June 13th 2011

Post by Ken Green »

:( The new Album "Santo Spirito Blues" will be released in September 2011. The press release that stated 13th June is incorrect and should not have been released. More details will be available over the coming weeks. The official website wil be updated well in adavnce for this new release. :(
REAgards
Ken
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

This news has been on the homepage for some days now (and in the forum as well) :wink: :wink:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

The Official CR Website now redirects to his page at Rhino. And I'm afraid it's not a temporary solution which may mean that there will be no Chris Rea website anymore...
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Hi Angelo
Maybe he starts to drive on Facebook
Perhaps the recommendation of the label
gREAt hug
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I've listened to the album a couple of times, my personal favorite is "Never Tie Me Down", very enegretic and straightforward, with only mouth organ, drums and guitar, a great blues piece.
The worst is gone....
tungsten222000
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by tungsten222000 »

I've had Santo Spirito Blues for a few days now and I'm sitting here well after midnight watching the DVD, Bull Fighting. It is quite mesmerising and I love the theme music. Maybe I'm a little thick or just not arty enough but I don't understand the connection (or connections) between the Bullfighting DVD, the Santo Spirito DVD and the Santo Spirito Blues 13 Track CD. To me the DVDs and associated music could stand on their own in terms of concept, content, quality and art but I feel slightly let down by the music CD. Maybe it will grow on me. Quite often my favourite CR tracks are the ones that I didn't warm to instantly but grew to understand after 3 -4 runs.

Funnily enough I was watching the Documentary DVD associated with Blue Guitars earlier tonight and I couldn't help thinking that there is enough raw, slightly under developed music in that DVD to make a really interesting album in its own right. Some of the outdoor rehearsal scenes sound really "unscripted" and "ad lib". Frankly, I would love an album full of "prototypes" and jam sessions.
Front Row for Chris Rea - Festival Hall - Brisbane - Australia -1987
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Nice idea, I think!
Yes, I'm convinced that Chris only wanted to make the movies, but the record company said they wouldn't release it without a studio album, and so it was done; consisting (50%) of the covers.
The worst is gone....