Chris' Facebook-page just posted this:

Band for the upcoming tour:

Kirt Rust - Drums
Neil Drinkwater - Keys
Max Middleton - Keys
Anto Drennan - Guitar
Sylvin Marc - Bass

So the whole band is now confirmed.

And after that there was a post wich said "Something to look forward to...", and the "It's All Gone" live-version from Montreux in '86. A guy commented that "I wish he would play this song again...sigh...", and he got a reply that looked like this: "Chris Rea it will make a return...".

So it looks like he is going to play some older songs as well. Im so excited to hear that particular track again, i have never heard a bad live version of "It's all gone". And that song with Middleton on keys is pure gold.
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Re: Latest official tour info

Post by veherny »

elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Thanks a lot for the link! The page even has a song called "Do What You Do" which, as I understood, was written by Chris Rea? He seems to be playing guitar too.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,
The "Do What You Do" comes from the Sara Randle album titled "The Sparrow". Chris wrote all of the songs on it and he also played the guitar as they were recorded in a studio. The CD was published back in 2003. There are ten songs on it: The Sparrow, Working Day, Cry Baby Cry, Do What You Do, Picture Of You, That's How Strong My Love Is, Come Around, Hurricane, The Falling Out Game and Since I Found You.
It was meant as Sara's debut album but I don't know how successful she was after that.

As far as the new Chris Rea band, well ... let's hear them play first.
Best regards to all,
Chris
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Now that its confirmed that "It's All Gone" will make a return to the setlists, what other older songs do you guys hope will make a return aswell?

If i would have to name three i would say "One Golden Rule", "Hello Friend" and "Steel River".
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi,
A guy commented that "I wish he would play this song again...sigh...", and he got a reply that looked like this: "Chris Rea it will make a return...".
I am the guy and was very pleased with the answer. BUT: Although I certainly hope Chris will play "It's All Gone" and even more classics, I am a bit in doubt about the reliability of this source. On the very same Facebook Page it was announced that Jon Kelly came to oversee the production of Chris' album. Even if this ever happened it wasn't mentioned in the booklet and you don't hear the effects of this alleged collaboration...

Anyway we keep our fingers crossed and I'm counting the days until February 4th in Berlin :D
REAllygood
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by REAllygood »

tobi777 wrote:Hi,

I am the guy and was very pleased with the answer. BUT: Although I certainly hope Chris will play "It's All Gone" and even more classics, I am a bit in doubt about the reliability of this source. On the very same Facebook Page it was announced that Jon Kelly came to oversee the production of Chris' album. Even if this ever happened it wasn't mentioned in the booklet and you don't hear the effects of this alleged collaboration...

Anyway we keep our fingers crossed and I'm counting the days until February 4th in Berlin :D
It says on the booklet that Santo Spirito was Mastered by Jon Kelly. Facebook also said Max would return and he has...
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

FXP,

Wired To The Moon if possible. Cosy, gives a atmosphere like we are all under friends.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

For those going to Harrogate. I have had this e mail today:

Dear Customer,
Please note that the start time for this event has changed to 8pm.
The doors will still open at 6.30pm.
Your original tickets are still valid.
If you have any queries please contact HIC direct.

So that is a start time 30 minutes later. I wonder if that means there will be no support act ?
could this be true, could this be me..
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

I think this may be the most interesting tour since the early 90s - I'm curious! :D

1. Robert Ahwai will be missed - of course - he has been an integral part of the band and has been working with Chris for more than 25 years now! Still I think Anthony Drennan is not only a superb guitar player but probably also can breathe new life into the whole line-up if they give him some space.

2. Max Middleton seems to be back in the band - great news, of course!

3. Neil Drinkwater will also be on stage. It's been a long time now since Chris has had two keyboard players in the band and this maybe might have some influence on the chosen songs and arrangements.

4. One reply to my comment on Chris' FB page is very interesting: maybe "It's All Gone" will make a return - which would be very good news in my opinion. I've never had the chance to see this song performed live.

Counting the days... :D

Cheers,

Tobi
alan the squire
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by alan the squire »

just a quickie - anyone undecided about whether or not to attend, judging on similar setlists to before, please don't be. With an evident musical rejuvenation, to me it felt like a whole new set of songs, so don't hesitate, buy that ticket now, you will not be dissapointed.