New chat

News about this site and forum
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

New chat

Post by Bart »

Hello everybody;

After some last tests, I am proud to announce the new CHAT PAGE !! Please come in and have a look around. In the past we used to have regularly chat events once a week in Friday night; perhaps it is a good idea to restore this old "habit" ?!? Please let me know what you think...

Also the lyrics to all Chris Rea songs are back online. Check [the guitar]-->[discography]-->[Lyrics]. The rest of the discography will follow ... (someday :? )
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: New chat

Post by Bart »

Bart wrote:Hello everybody;

After some last tests, I am proud to announce the new CHAT PAGE !! Please come in and have a look around. In the past we used to have regularly chat events once a week in Friday night; perhaps it is a good idea to restore this old "habit" ?!? Please let me know what you think...
Today was the first time again, for a LOONG time, we really had a great chat (with around 5,6,7 visitors online).
Care to join me and other CR-fans for a little talk, let me know when to make the regular weekly chat-evening ... My proposal is friday night, what do you think ?
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

yes - it was fun yesterday evening with the chat (well- e i was just trying to follow the conversation :-) but i it's a good thing. have a great sunday everyone!
take care - keep on dancing
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Bart wrote:ello everybody;

familychild wrote:yes - it was fun yesterday evening with the chat (well- e i was just trying to follow the conversation :-) but i it's a good thing. have a great sunday everyone!
take care - keep on dancing
Hi Bart/ familychild,
Yes it was fun last night and good to talk to other C.R. fans.I think its a great idea to try and start up the Chat again.Bart are you just going to pick a day or are you going to pick a time as well?
Kind regards
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I'd love to be part of it, but time zones might be a conflict, Friday nights to you is early afternoon here and I'm still at work, sometimes... I'll figure it out :D

Lily B.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Bart/ familychild,
Yes it was fun last night and good to talk to other C.R. fans.I think its a great idea to try and start up the Chat again.Bart are you just going to pick a day or are you going to pick a time as well?
Kind regards

---------

Happy St. Paddy's Day Tina and Chris as well; he's half-Irish after all!
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too :) or as we say here "La Fheile Padraig". I will have a good one :) :).It's anything Irish this weekend in Dublin wheather its music or dance.We have a big parade in the centre of Dublin and many other activities going on all weekend as well.I often wonder does C.R do anything today or has he lost that part of him.
Kind regards
Tina :) :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Chris,
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too :) or as we say here "La Fheile Padraig". I will have a good one :) :).It's anything Irish this weekend in Dublin wheather its music or dance.We have a big parade in the centre of Dublin and many other activities going on all weekend as well.I often wonder does C.R do anything today or has he lost that part of him.
Kind regards
---------------------

Hi Tina once again,

I'm positive, he's Irish as well as Italian. Just listen to some of his Irish songs!
Have a good one!
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
For the day that it is I am sitting here listening to Celtic and Irish Blues.That way I have the best of both :) :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Chris,
For the day that it is I am sitting here listening to Celtic and Irish Blues.That way I have the best of both :) :)
---------

Oh yes!
There's nothing more Irish in him than his "Last Drink" (and my last drink is always, always for you!) and "'Til the morning sun shines on my love and me."
I also pulled out album #9....
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
I love Till The Morning.... it is one of my favourate songs.Another great song is Irish Blues and so is Last Drink.If I'm honest I have to say I was a bit cross with Chris in the beginning on this CD because the majority of songs on this CD refer to drink.I know Ireland are known as a nation that LOVE to drink but it's not the only thing about us BUT now that I have listened to this CD quite a number of other things Irish are here as well. I am enjoyimg listening to this CD as I haven't listened to it in a while.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Well, you know, as long as Chris only sings about having a drink or two, it's all right. The way I look at the problem: there are other nations which might have a problem with too much drinking and it would be simply foolish of us to point a finger at anyone in particular. But you're right: we all tend to look at things the stereotype way, a little. Too bad.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris
I think overall Chris tries to balance things out in this CD.I think now that the image I get from this CD is one where Irish people use drink in all areas of life.Its used for all types of occasions wheather happy or sad.I don't think anything should have a sterotypical image but sadly it does.The Irish have always had that image of been heavy drinkers but thats true of a lot of people as you rightly point out.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

lilybee wrote:I'd love to be part of it, but time zones might be a conflict, Friday nights to you is early afternoon here and I'm still at work, sometimes... I'll figure it out :D

Lily B.
Hi lily B,

Work is such a pain, it gets in the way of so many important things! I'm sure there is a way ;-)
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks Kev :D

I'll try to snoop in this Friday, see if I can get in.

Lily B.