... new layout (v.8.0)

News about this site and forum
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

... new layout (v.8.0)

Post by Bart »

Hello;

As you may have noticed, a new layout is online; version 8.0 already. I know it doesn’t look like much has changed since last version (7.1) but the whole site has been rebuild from the start. I have used a new menu script, which has the possibility of adding submenus. The greatest improvement is the fact that the site should finally be available on all browsers (incl. firefox !) and that it will be better visible on low resolution screens.

Should you find any errors in the new layout (except the menu and discography not working 100%, going to work on that today!) please let me know in the "errors/ideas" section of the forum !!

Have fun with the new layout !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Hi Bart, good new layout, I've just discovered that I can load the home page with Firefox and that's great, but when I click on the menu items on top of the page nothing happens. Other links in the homepage work well instead, but if I am in the forum and try to return to homepage clicking on the HOME link on top nothing happens as well. All right with IE.

Bye
Marcolino
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: ... new layout (v.8.0)

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:
Yeah, I like this new layout and it´s great to be able to use the site with Firefox. Will report if I find any problems with the site and Firefox.
Keep up the good work Bart :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

marcolino wrote:Hi Bart, good new layout, I've just discovered that I can load the home page with Firefox and that's great, but when I click on the menu items on top of the page nothing happens. Other links in the homepage work well instead, but if I am in the forum and try to return to homepage clicking on the HOME link on top nothing happens as well. All right with IE.

Bye
Hello Marcolino;

I have tested it in firefox 1.0.7 and here the menu works... When you click "home" it should redirect to the main page (there's no menu attached to that link) and when clicking e.g. "the man" a menu should fld out. Please let me know some more info; what version of firefox are you using ? how did you visit the forum (did you use the subdomain "http://forum.chrisrea.nl" or did you use the link on the main page ?) and is there "www." in fron of "chrisrea.nl" in the address bar when you try ? I hope I can solve this problem !!
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Only IE with MyIE2 add-on in my case:

1. I don't like the scrolling text up there, maybe an animated gif would be nicer
2. Site and forum works much faster!
3. Showing up menu is excellent now
4. Fixed width looks not so well on high res
5. Header generally looks better now, but #4, and I wonder why did you cut the Chris' head? ;)

However this whole upgrade was a progress :D
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:Only IE with MyIE2 add-on in my case:

1. I don't like the scrolling text up there, maybe an animated gif would be nicer
2. Site and forum works much faster!
3. Showing up menu is excellent now
4. Fixed width looks not so well on high res
5. Header generally looks better now, but #4, and I wonder why did you cut the Chris' head? ;)

However this whole upgrade was a progress :D
Hello Zgred; Thanks for your comment; it is appreciated as always !

1. I don’t know if I am going to keep it there. I personally think it is funny, but it could as well be gone in a few days... you'll never know !

2. That is great to hear ! Let's hope also the used bandwidth goes down ...

3. Thanks !

4. I know; I have a high res. myself. But on the other hand it is much easier to maintain, now that I don’t have to worry anymore how it looks on low screen res.

5. Still looking for someone who can make a beautiful header for me in e.g. Photoshop (as I really cannot use that program, sorry :oops: ). Cut Chris' head ? You mean in the header ? This has been so since this header was created... hahaha. The CD I scanned to make this header didn’t show the head either !!
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

About the header - when it was scalable, maybe it wasn't so visible that guitarist lost his head :D but now, when everything is fixed, it is just more likely to be seen :? :D don't care anyway, it looks fine when it's not stretching. However you had a good idea with separating current news from the header, now it looks more professional and I suppose it's easier to take care of. It is said scrolling text is generally disliked by viewers, and suggests that www creator lackes in knowledge :D

Post by Guest »

Hi Bart,

The site looks great! I love the new layout!
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Anonymous wrote:Hi Bart,

The site looks great! I love the new layout!

hihihihihihihihi, i did not log in before!
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Bart wrote: Hello Marcolino;

I have tested it in firefox 1.0.7 and here the menu works... When you click "home" it should redirect to the main page (there's no menu attached to that link) and when clicking e.g. "the man" a menu should fld out. Please let me know some more info; what version of firefox are you using ? how did you visit the forum (did you use the subdomain "http://forum.chrisrea.nl" or did you use the link on the main page ?) and is there "www." in fron of "chrisrea.nl" in the address bar when you try ? I hope I can solve this problem !!
Well I think it's a problem of mine; I'm also using FF 1.0.7, and all works fine when I launch it in Safe Mode. The main difference is all the extensions being disabled in Safe Mode, so now I know that there's a problem with some of them (I have installed 10 ext or so). Now I don't want to uninstall/reinstall them one by one to see what is the cause, anyway I really cannot imagine how any of them can affect the viewing of the site, since I didn't have such problems until now with any site. Who knows?
But the site and forum being much faster now it's a great thing!

EDIT: now something's changed, when I'm viewing any of the internal pages of the site, when I click HOME at the left-hand top corner the home page is loaded. But when I click any of the other links there's a simple reloading of the page I'm viewing -
Bye
Marcolino
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote: Should you find any errors in the new layout (except the menu and discography not working 100%, going to work on that today!) please let me know in the "errors/ideas" section of the forum !!

Well, the forum doesn´t work with my Firefox after all.
I can´t choose text area where I should write my nickname and password. Also can´t choose text area where I should write the actual post.
Wonder what´s wrong with it?
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

marcolino wrote: EDIT: now something's changed, when I'm viewing any of the internal pages of the site, when I click HOME at the left-hand top corner the home page is loaded. But when I click any of the other links there's a simple reloading of the page I'm viewing -
Bye
Hello;

I realy don't know what could be the problem. Over here everything works fine under firefox 1.0.7.... If anybody else has an idea what could couse this, please let me know! Till I find the solution (if ever...) I have made a site map (Click HERE) it is not 100% up to date, but it is a start ... :(
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:Well, the forum doesn´t work with my Firefox after all.
I can´t choose text area where I should write my nickname and password. Also can´t choose text area where I should write the actual post.
Wonder what´s wrong with it?
Hello;

I am very sorry for this error ... I see it here too !! I though I had tested everything 100% (well, I guess not ...) :( :(

I don't have a solution for this problem either... if anybody else knows, please let me know ... In the meantime, perhaps you could use the [TAB] to switch between the functions of the forum ?

I'll try to :smt024 on it ...

:smt087 :smt089 :smt090
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Very nice

Post by gjvg »

Hi Bart,

I think the new layout is perfect. I do like the news- text on the main page.
The scrolling news on top could run some slower.
What's the reason you changed the menu in that way we have to click once?

Great job !!!

GJvG

P.S.
you haven't got time to look at the photo's from A'dam I send??
:-k
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Very nice

Post by gjvg »

gjvg wrote:Hi Bart,

P.S.
you haven't got time to look at the photo's from A'dam I send??
:-k
Sorry, saw the link to http://www.chrisrea.nl/images/Blue_guit ... erdam1.php just after i posted this item.
(my wife was just a little disappointed :cry: )