The man The voice The guitar

Discuss: Site rules / Forum guidelines

News about this site and forum
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Was this request by Warner, or...? Completely understandable as it is, i find it a bit strange that a record company would prohibit people on a fan forum to put links to old live performances for instance.
chrisreafan

Re: Site rules / Forum guidelines

Post by chrisreafan »

At least its an acknowledgement that this site/forum is a 'force' by attrackting 'traffic' in such numbers that recordcompanies take notice.

Maybe time for Bart (not hinting!) that he must stand firm and get as much 'in return' for his efforts, not only a Band Line-Up; but maybe i am talking too soon and a lot of info we do get along.

Do understand all parties in this.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

If you want to discuss these new guidelines, please contact me, or use this topic. Thanks.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
dmytrobryushkov
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Discuss: Site rules / Forum guidelines

Post by dmytrobryushkov »

Dear Bart/site administrator! I still very confused, was I am registered or not? I thought, I have found the wonderful site, where I can communicate with other people, what like Chris Rea's poetry, songs and music. Is it site for a few selected Chris Rea's friends, who are allowed to tell their opinion about this Great Master and share it with other people? I have sent 7-8 different topics (last one- about one week ago), but none have posted yet. I know the rules of your forum, and that posts cannot be placed without of strict censoring and it takes a while. I hope, it is done for behave of the Chris Rea's health and his well being. If it is possible, can you mention, which time approximately is supposed to be (a week, month or a year) before posted topics will be allowed?

(...removed...)

My best wishes, Dmytro.

Edit webmaster: Please have a look at rule 1.2!!!
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello Dmytro;

As I have tried to explain to you by private mail, I have somehow missed your messages completely. I don't know what happened, but they were left in the moderation queu (with a few others, but most were from you) untouched. I have approved all your posts (although I had to edit the last one a bit!) and I am very sorry for this inconvenience. I hope it doesn't happen again, athough moderating a site is always manual labour, and I cannot be online 24/7.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

i have to continue talk about the April´s Fool jokes as the topic i started is locked.
what on earth is this rubbish about not allowing aprils fool jokes here ?
have people lost their sense of humor ? these kinds of jokes are all around the world, no mind in this kind of behavior.

and those who say something about the illness aspect in the joke, i am also ill for life and it can´t be cured, taking medication every week. so no, illness was not the idea inside of the joke.

other thing is that when i post something it takes two days to actual show up here in forum, so my april 1st post showed up here two days later. if i was able to post and see my post right away i could have told people that it was joke.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

MRB wrote:other thing is that when i post something it takes two days to actual show up here in forum, so my april 1st post showed up here two days later. if i was able to post and see my post right away i could have told people that it was joke.
I know and I am sorry about that. Al newly registered members are automatically put in a "newly registered members" group. members of this group cannot post directly, only after my approval. And that is where it sometimes goes wrong. Sometimes I am unable to visit the site daily due to other obligations, and then it is possible to loose a message out of sight. I am very sorry about this, but that is just the way it is. I have to keep this option in place to keep away spammers and to have a little controll over what a user tends to post (due to some problems with members in the past). I hope this clarifies things a bit. I try to give every post the attention it needs, but sometimes a post just slips my mind!
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

No Sweat MRB, we hear you!

I thought that it was necessary to unmystify (like Poirot) the whole thing, because some members took it (too) serious. Before it gets embarrasing, you know. Not that i am all that great thats not my issue, can be fooled also.

Last: In my opinion lets get this April fool subject erased..everybody happy!
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Is it allowed to put You tube clips on your Facebook site? (like the one of GTO Blues from BCC 2day)?
Ann
You're never to old to dance!