The man The voice The guitar

Is this a legit album?

All topics concerning Chris' discography
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Is this a legit album?

Post by lilybee »

Can someone tell me if this is a legit album? I have not seen it in any of the discographies:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-REA-Greatest- ... dZViewItem

The ad says "CHRIS REA Greatest Hits 2007 2CD digipack (special card box limited edition), Real factory pressed item! Not CDR copy, Never used! Still Sealed!", but I don't believe everything people say, specially on ebay.

Thanks!

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Is this a legit album?

Post by Jim M »

I have this CD.It comes from Russia from a company called Star Mark item # LDB5194-1/2.It also has the EDEL logo.
I don't know if it's legit but pkg. etc. look very professional.THere's alot of stuff that comes from Russia and i don't know if all are legit or very good copies.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello again,

If it comes from Russia it's legal, alright, but in Russia. The same goes for music printed in the Ukraine. You can buy it at music stores there, for instance in L'vov or Kiev, but if a custom agent sees it in your luggage at the border re-entering Poland = the European Union (well it is the new outside EU border!) he will confiscate it. As simple as that. There's nothing wrong with it, the quality is rather good, except, it's produced cheaply and sold inexpensively on their markets. These items are clearly marked: "not for sale outside of Russia, Ukraine and other CIS member states."

As far as I know, the last 3CD box (a sort of 'best of Chris Rea', actually marketed only in England) was last year's (2007) "The Works." Although it was 'legitimate' in the west, there was regrettably nothing 'new' on it.
I hope this will help you make a decision.

Also, in my previous post I misspelled the name of the French rocker Johnny Hallyday. His cover of Chris Rea's "True to you" is the cut #9 issued on the CD "Ca Ne Change Pas Un Homme" from 1991 (Philips/Phonogram.)
Chris Rea plays slide on it (characteristic sound) as a 'guest musician.' There are also two covers of Tony Joe White's songs on it. They are: #11 "La Guitare Fait Mal" ("The Guitar Don't Lie") and #12 "Une Journee" (new French title changed from the original "Do You Have A Garter Belt".)
Take care,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 11 Jan 2008, 21:43, edited 2 times in total.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the advice Guys! I think I'll pass on the eBay album.

I'll look for original stuff, from either England and here. At least Chris (Rea) will get some of the royalties.
The discographies are a good guide for me now.

Chris, I wouldn't know where to get those French albums. I guess I'll google them and go from there.

Thanks!

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:Thanks for the advice Guys! I think I'll pass on the eBay album.

I'll look for original stuff, from either England and here. At least Chris (Rea) will get some of the royalties.
The discographies are a good guide for me now.

Chris, I wouldn't know where to get those French albums. I guess I'll google them and go from there.

Thanks!

Lily
-------
Hi Lilybee,

Johnny Hallyday is right here on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Ca-Ne-Change-Pas- ... 924&sr=1-4
I think you can listen for a 30 second sample of each song.
Take care,
Chris
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

lilybee wrote:At least Chris (Rea) will get some of the royalties.
I think there's a good reason why these CD's are banned in the EU...
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz