The man The voice The guitar

What did you recently buy from Chris ... ?

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: What did you recently buy from Chris ... ?

Post by Zgred »

Reporting some old stuff recently acquired:

• I can hear your heartbeat + From love to love (amazing!) - 12" maxi
• Heaven + Theme from Pantile Journals - 7" single, has the '91 Naked Truth Tour summary printed on it
• I don't know what it is (...) + Mystery man - 7" promo
• New Light Through Old Windows CD - gave as gift, now bought again. Side note: most creative name of "the best of" compilation I've ever spotted.
• two 12" Special Mini Albums, vol II & III, contains some songs I haven't spotted anywhere else yet

Some interesting CD singles:

• Looking for the summer - contains "Six up" and "Teach me to dance" that I have not even known about :) and a beautiful cover
• Sweet summer day - outstanding energetic remixes of the mentioned song

Last album: Blue Guitars. Hottttttt....
Now saving dough for the FHBN.

Bart, ur big shipment rule. You the man. :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Zgred,
Sounds like your having fun and some spare cash :)
Zgred wrote:Looking for the summer - contains "Six up" and "Teach me to dance" that I have not even known about :) and a beautiful cover
6 Up and Teach Me To Dance are B sides to single releases.
http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... f=6&t=1243 these are more of the same B sides do you have any of these?
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

'sup Tina
Tina3 wrote: Sounds like your having fun and some spare cash :)
Haha... hey, whom are you talking to? Fun = yes. Cash = no. They were actually cheap, second hand but being in very good shape. I'm not sure how come, probably Chris is not considered as a big star here in Poland, hence the low prices. And good shape is quite suspicious ;) - weren't they listened or what? My favourite records, especially vinyls (CDs we can rip and listen by PC), are quite worn up... But whatever, got 'em, like 'em.
And technically, it wasn't literally recently ;)
Tina3 wrote: 6 Up and Teach Me To Dance are B sides to single releases.
That's what I'm talking about! For a long time I wasn't aware that the "singles" are not just "one single promo song". Realizing the B-sides quickly followed with further hunting for Chris Rea records, with some success. I don't know how could I be so retarded :?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Zgred wrote:They were actually cheap, second hand but being in very good shape. I'm not sure how come, probably Chris is not considered as a big star here in Poland, hence the low prices.
There is a lot of cheap priced vinyl on E Bay from Chris and it's in good shape too.I think Chris is one of those type of musicians that has fans in every country but isn't in the league of the likes of Bruce Springsteen or Mark Knopfler although he should be he's that good.
Zgred wrote:Realizing the B-sides quickly followed with further hunting for Chris Rea records, with some success. I don't know how could I be so retarded :?
Zgred you are funny and if you think your retarded or mentally challenged might be a better way to say it then welcome to the club.There is a lot of us fans who are only discovering these B sides for the 1st time.It's good fun hunting them down.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Tina3 wrote: I think Chris is one of those type of musicians that has fans in every country but isn't in the league of the likes of Bruce Springsteen or Mark Knopfler although he should be he's that good.
You know, I don't really get all this schtick of Big Asskicking Rock Star. League, what is league? Do the better sales make one higher in ranks? I listened to guys you mentioned, tried some other more or less CR-related or recommended (Eagles, Walsh etc.) but still no kick-in occured. It just doesn't work. Knopfler is better guitarst, they say. Another one sings better. Okay! Fine for me. I listen for the 1000th time to Windy Town and I forget about the whole world and suddenly I Know Where The Blues Come From :)

Uh, ranting again, but where's the better place than here.
Concerning the B-sides, I have read the big topic about it and you're right, many of us long-time fans has found out this thing recently.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Zgred wrote:You know, I don't really get all this schtick of Big Asskicking Rock Star. League, what is league? Do the better sales make one higher in ranks? I listened to guys you mentioned, tried some other more or less CR-related or recommended (Eagles, Walsh etc.) but still no kick-in occured. It just doesn't work.

Hey! we have yet another die hard fan here :) :) I know how you feel These are excellent musicians but they don't have the edge Chris has.
Zgred wrote:Concerning the B-sides, I have read the big topic about it and you're right, many of us long-time fans has found out this thing recently.
Isn't that great though? it's like finding a couple of Chris Rea C.D's that you don't have.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Tina3 wrote:Isn't that great though? it's like finding a couple of Chris Rea C.D's that you don't have.
Truly it is!
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Zgred, You will really enjoy collecting the b;sides ,as Chris kept some amazing songs from his albums that you have yet to discover ;Footprints In The Snow ,Ruby Blue ,And When She Smiles ,I Thought I Was Going To Lose You ,and bonus tracks like Lies Become The Truth ,There's Only You ...............happy hunting :) :)

ps I love your name and will reply to all your posts because I am really slow at typing , and the letters in your name are all beside each other on this keyboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

And this is exactly what's happening, sir! I found many of these Bs as really excellent stand-alone songs that I would gladly exchange with some others, that has been placed on albums. Pantile Journals, From love to love, Look out for me... those are some hidden treasures.

From those you mentioned, "I Thought I was..." and "And when she smiles" does not really suit my taste, but no chance it's gonna stop me :)
alan1958 wrote:ps I love your name and will reply to all your posts because I am really slow at typing , and the letters in your name are all beside each other on this keyboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
At your service! :D
However it's a nickname, actually, FYI.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

At your service! :D
However it's a nickname, actually, FYI.[/quote]

So is mine , you don't honestly think my real name is Alan1958 .................no ! i'ts Frank1958 :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

alan1958 wrote:you don't honestly think my real name is Alan1958 .................no ! i'ts Frank1958 :lol:
Yeah, yeah, sure...
Frankly, Mr. Frank1958, I don't believe you. I bet your real name is Chris4eva_666 or something like that.
:D :D
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Zgred wrote:
alan1958 wrote:you don't honestly think my real name is Alan1958 .................no ! i'ts Frank1958 :lol:
Yeah, yeah, sure...
Frankly, Mr. Frank1958, I don't believe you. I bet your real name is Chris4eva_666 or something like that.
:D :D
Oh Well , rumbled again :)
Must ask you ZGRED, why are you hiding half your face behind the head of a guitar ?? :? :?
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Alan
Perhaps Zgred is really Chris REa trying to infiltrate his own fan website ?
Hence he hides part of his face ?
Well maybe not !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

So, umm, about the guitar? I like guitars, you know. Especially blue ones. *cough*

Care to change the subject? Nice weather we got today...
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I think we now have the answer to whether CR or his family visits the site !!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea