The man The voice The guitar

What did you recently buy from Chris ... ?

All topics concerning Chris' discography
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: What did you recently buy from Chris ... ?

Post by lilybee »

Hi There.... :D

I got this to add to my collection of mini discs, thinking it was a "mini disc", but...

it turned out to be a mini disc!!! :lol:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lilybee07/C ... 5lapuchS-A

Got no clue where to play it, but it sure looks good in my collection! :lol: :lol:

Has anybody seen these before?

Lily
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

Hi Lily.

I play my mini discs on a system that plays ordinary cd's as well as combining a radio. I think I thought it was going to be the next thing from recording onto tape as you can record direct onto mini disc and then edit on the sound system. Of course I could be totally wrong.....again!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-compact-ster ... 240%3A1318

Poolie
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks Poolie! :D

I never saw these mini discs here in the US, and that stereo is pretty cheap!

Is this the only mini disc Chris Rea made of this kind?

I have the other "minis", but this is sort of rare.

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I've just purchased the Japanese version of The Road To Hell 2 with 2 bonous songs.
Nothing new coming along so found something rare i didn't have.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Nice Jim... :D

Which are the bonus songs?

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I hope CD coming as seller has not replied but bonous songs are Be My Friend & Driving Home for Christmas
JIm
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

LIly
CD just arrived and I've never heard the bonous song Be My Friend (another rare B sides i guess).
So worth the small fortune i had to pay ??
Jim
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

The "driving home..." on this japanese release is also a different recording (some added "jingle bells", not a true re-recording I guess).

I have recently bought these (haven't received any of them, so I am waiting...) These are the ebay photos, so they may be gone soon. I am working on a discography and when finished of course I will add these as well.

gREAtest hits Promo - The dealer compilation:

On The Beach/Josephine
Original Promotional CD in Cardsleeve
Edel 0192616EREP:

Fool if you think... Promo in cardsleeve:

... and last a funny photo:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

That's great Bart.... :D

I got the same ones from ebay,... except the photo.

Lily
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I bought by eil.com Chris Rea-chris rea 1991 promo cd of the 1981 11 track album

There is more to buy from eil (delta and on the beach) also promo cd's

"Sla je slag" as we say in Dutch
Catmanfan2
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Catmanfan2 »

Hi All,

Well I may be a bit behind but I thought that this topic could do with some new input....

I've had Auberge and Dancing with Strangers since their release on Vinyl and then when they came out on CD I purchased those but didn't pay much mind to CR for years. Don't get me wrong, I love those two albums but it wasn't until 2008 that I picked up a copy of RTH&B on DVD. I played it, loved it and put it with the rest of my DVDs. I've since took it out a few times...played it again and THEN.... a few weeks ago, one of the Pay TV channels aired an episode of 'Soundtrack To My Life'. I always record this but the episode that got my attention was the one with Mr. Rea himself!

So after watching that, I pulled my DVD out and watched that again and ...as they say.... the rest is history, lol. I had NO idea that C.R. had done so much more since 2000. I started at eBay and then went to Amazon... or should that be 'Evil-Bay' and 'Amazonnatakeyourmoney' lol. I then thought I'd go and get at least one CR cd from my local outlet but was not going to even contemplate paying the ridiculous prices for many of his other releases. For instance ... Road To Hell Part 2 - $52.99 AUD. And it's just a regular copy! I got 'Still So Far To Go' for only $12. Reasonable price and it momentarily quenched my thirst for some CR tunes.

From there on, I was on a mission! Which leads me back to the topic at hand... "What did you recently buy from Chris?" so far in the last week and a half, I’ve bought (from Evil-bay)...

Still So Far To Go.... (Standard edition)
Blue Jukebox (Jazzee Blue release)
The Ultimate Collection (Crimson3 release)

And am waiting on...

Blue guitars (Jazzee Blue release - complete w/book)
Te Return Of The Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes (Jazzee Blue release - complete w/book and Vinyl)
Blue Cafe (Atlantic UK release)
Original Album Series (Warner Bros UK release)

The last 4 I managed to only pay $120 AUD including shipping and all are new, not used! I'm so pleased!!!

I just received Blue Jukebox and The Ultimate Collection 2 days ago and they have been playing non stop. And coming from a die hard KISS and heavy rock fan like myself, it shows that having a varied taste pays off. Ok, so I’m getting older and wiser but as I mentioned, I’ve always liked CR but can’t believe the great music he's been releasing since 2000!

My next step is to find a new or like new copy of '...Benny Santini' that isn’t $149 USD at Amazon. That’s just unbelievable! I also want, I mean NEED, to get... Dancing Down The Stony Road, Blue Street (Five Guitars) and Hofner Blue Notes. Those are proving to be harder to find in new condition, original releases and at a price that isn't half my house mortgage, lol

I've even got my 21yo twin boys listening to the ones I’ve bought and getting right into the music too! I love sharing with my kids and as they play guitar and bass, they can appreciate CR's ability and talent.

So folks, that's my Chris Rea rediscovering journey so far. If anyone can help in my quest, I would be most thankful. I look forward to talking with you all at some stage and no doubt I’ll have more questions and more posts when I get my babies in the mail.

Till then, cheers and good listening....to Chris Rea, of course!

Brett

As I mentioned to Jim before, there's so many different releases of different CDs and am wading carefully into the CR pool. I don’t want to get stung with inferior releases. DDTSR, Blue Street and the Hofner Bluenotes are my next mission. Really hard to come by though.
"There's only one place left to go.... Auberge"
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

My latest buy was Still so far to go"...

Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

JUst bought & delivered King of the Beach (Japanese version) w/bonous songs Mississippi & There's Only You
I've been trying to find this CD for years & found it for $14 delivered -a real score.
What can I say I have to have them all ! Plus had to buy something while waiting for what's coming !
Jim
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

A spanish promotional copy of the 7" loving you / let me be the one...
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Smile; didn't knew this great record. Youtube gave me a listen. Same advertiser theregives you a great live version of "Loving You Again".

The record "Smile" is on the CD "Driving Home From Christmas".(for the people who don't know).