Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

All topics concerning Chris' discography
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

Post by lilybee »

Right Zeljko! :D

Biography with B songs in one big earbook!!!

While we're at it, make it a dvd video biography, with Chris talking and singing his life out, while we look at the pictures in the book!! :D :D :D

Lily
Andrey
Translator
Translator

Post by Andrey »

Yea, Yea, Yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... and my favorite is the FIRST TRACK !!! Can't believe that ! :D :D :D
It was so long and hard without news ...
Chris is right ! Now the world is on the road to hell...
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Ohh dear..I cant wait to get it....
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

I am not happy with this new release. :(

I have seen it also on musicload.de for download. :( :(

If i remember exactly, this is what Chris never wanted. His music as a download from the I Net.

Because of this reason he made the EARBOOKS.

It maybe a tribute to his record company. This is exactly the same way as he did in the 80ies and 90ies.

Sorry for these hard words. But i do not think this is helpful for Chris an his music.

Adrian
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

You are exactly right in what you say.I wonder is it because it is another "Best Of" type of album that the record company has asked for it to be available this way.It's not "new" songs as such.I know Chris has re recorded some of his old songs for this album but I think he is referring to his new projects will be available only as music ear books with no download facilities.Would this assumption be correct I wonder.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

pizzaaddi wrote:I am not happy with this new release. :(

I have seen it also on musicload.de for download. :( :(

If i remember exactly, this is what Chris never wanted. His music as a download from the I Net.

Because of this reason he made the EARBOOKS.

It maybe a tribute to his record company. This is exactly the same way as he did in the 80ies and 90ies.

Sorry for these hard words. But i do not think this is helpful for Chris an his music.

Adrian
Adrian / Tina
I am sure that the reason for this new release is to bring people into the Earbooks.....hopefully people that buy "BEST OF'S" will hear stuff like Janice , Long is The Road ,etc and investigate further . :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

alan1958 wrote:I am sure that the reason for this new release is to bring people into the Earbooks.....hopefully people that buy "BEST OF'S" will hear stuff like Janice , Long is The Road ,etc and investigate further .
Hi Alan :)
How are you? I hope you are keeping well.I hadn't thought of this and yes this makes sense if you think about it.
Andrey
Translator
Translator

Post by Andrey »

What is bad in downloading music from internet? Could you give me a link to the place where Chris is talking about this, please. I'm really surprised at such a view of the matter.
Chris is right ! Now the world is on the road to hell...
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Andrey
Andrey wrote:What is bad in downloading music from internet? Could you give me a link to the place where Chris is talking about this, please. I'm really surprised at such a view of the matter.
Chris hates this with every bone in his body.He has said it many times in many interviews.
Personally I prefer to buy music as I love having all the information that goes with it.Especially the ear books.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Andrey wrote:What is bad in downloading music from internet? Could you give me a link to the place where Chris is talking about this, please. I'm really surprised at such a view of the matter.
Andrey
I'm sure someone will post a link to an article or 2 but C.R. thinks downloading is destroying the music business as there is no value to the music.You can just download the "HIT" song and that's it.He feels the record companies used this for an excuse not to produce albums and now it's backfiring on them as sales are way off.
I think an almost direct quote from him was-if you buy a vinyl album you put it on have a glass of wine or marijuana cigarete and listen from start to finish (the way the artist intended you to hear the story).THis is why he went back to vinyl in his last ear book.
JIm
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way of checking how many copies of Chris' last earbook have been sold? These numbers could provide an answer to our question: "why yet another 'best of?'"
Perhaps the last album didn't sell well?
We, at this forum, are a small group of admires and we all buy his new releases but it is a broader audience that CR is counting on to make (some) money to finance new projects.
I know the reluctances of many of us but downloading is a main way of selling and buying music now. Therefore, to be totally against it, would be like fighting the windmills....
I'm still purchasing my CDs in stores even though I recently found out I cannot buy a portable CD player anymore!
I well remember times when "the music came from wooden boxes" (Harry Chapin) but a musician as well as a record company sooner or later must both face the evolving market.
Take care,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris,

I don't personally find it appalling that we have to move to MP3s instead of CD players and walkmans (remember those...??!!!)

As a collector I will keep on buying Chris Rea's vinyls, old and new. But with technology evolving to iPhones and iPods, so am I.

I agree with you Chris, I would too like to know how many copies of TROTFHBN he sold.
Maybe he'll mention some of that on his next interview. Too early to tell though.
Besides, Blue Guitars got a much better promotion with interviews and the galleries, before and during the release of it.

Hofner Blue Notes only got the tour, AFTERWARDS. Not the best marketing idea to sell the album.

I wonder how they will promote his next releases, being that it's the 30th anniversary of Benny Santini.... :D , and the year is almost over....

Lily
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

lilybee wrote: I wonder how they will promote his next releases, being that it's the 30th anniversary of Benny Santini.... :D , and the year is almost over....

Lily
There propably won't be any release of "really new" material this year; and there is even a great chance there won't be any next year... The first tour will be in 2010 (or perhaps even later). I am trying to find the truth about these rumors, and I will return to you as soon as I know more...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Bart wrote:There propably won't be any release of "really new" material this year; and there is even a great chance there won't be any next year... The first tour will be in 2010 (or perhaps even later). I am trying to find the truth about these rumors, and I will return to you as soon as I know more...
HI Bart,

I don't know about that....Chris was born with a "twister inside" and he hasn't even let his illness slow him down a beat. He does something every year, and I'm still waiting to hear about the Italian Blues, Beach Culture, and the other projects in between 8) 8)

As for the touring, I agree that may take some time, unless.... he does something smaller,
by invitation only, like he's done before....? :D :D

Lily
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Chris wrote:Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way of checking how many copies of Chris' last earbook have been sold? These numbers could provide an answer to our question: "why yet another 'best of?'"
Perhaps the last album didn't sell well?
We, at this forum, are a small group of admires and we all buy his new releases but it is a broader audience that CR is counting on to make (some) money to finance new projects.
I know the reluctances of many of us but downloading is a main way of selling and buying music now. Therefore, to be totally against it, would be like fighting the windmills....
I'm still purchasing my CDs in stores even though I recently found out I cannot buy a portable CD player anymore!
I well remember times when "the music came from wooden boxes" (Harry Chapin) but a musician as well as a record company sooner or later must both face the evolving market.
Take care,
Chris
I must admit that first thing that crossed my mind when I heard of the new "Best Of " , was that Edel might want some cash to finance the next Earbook , as I do not think the last one was nearly as succesful as Blue Guitars ................I honestly do not think the great big public (that CR & Edel need ) "got it "....One of my customers told me last week that he got it as a gift , and that it features his first band,The Delmonts ....I did not have the heart to tell him they were ficticious :( ....