Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

All topics concerning Chris' discography
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

Post by tz5632 »

Hi there,

what do you think about the new best-of compilation which is announced for a release in late September? It is said that Chris Rea re-recorded some of his biggest "old" hits and put them together with some of his "newer" stuff. Check it out here (sorry, it's in German): http://www.amazon.de/Think-Definitive-G ... 298&sr=1-2

I don't know if I should be happy, that something new is going to be released, or disappointed because it's just "another" best-of... :?

The tracklist:
1. Josephine
2. On The Beach
3. The Road To Hell (Part 1 & 2)
4. Fool (If You Think It's Over)
5. Stainsby Girls
6. Let's Dance
7. Someday My Peace Will Come
8. Dancing The Blues Away
9. Long Is The Time, Hard Is The Road
10. Baby Don't Cry
11. Speed
12. Born Bad
13. Sometimes
14. Blues For Janice
15. The Shadow Of A Fool

Greetings and tschoe
Tobias
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Tobias,
tz5632 wrote:what do you think about the new best-of compilation which is announced for a release in late September? It is said that Chris Rea re-recorded some of his biggest "old" hits and put them together with some of his "newer" stuff.
quote="tz5632"]I don't know if I should be happy, that something new is going to be released, or disappointed because it's just "another" best-of... :?
I guess we will just have to wait and see what it sounds like. I wonder has Chris re recorded the old songs differently or the same way they usually sound.If they sound the same then I doubt that I will get this album but if he has recorded them to sound differently then it's great news.I hope this is what he has done and this is not just yet another greatest hits album.How many of these "best of" type of albums does one musician need.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Wow, is it for real????

That's some news I din't know anything about!

Lily
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Tobias,
tz5632 wrote:what do you think about the new best-of compilation which is announced for a release in late September? It is said that Chris Rea re-recorded some of his biggest "old" hits and put them together with some of his "newer" stuff.
quote="tz5632"]I don't know if I should be happy, that something new is going to be released, or disappointed because it's just "another" best-of... :?
I guess we will just have to wait and see what it sounds like. I wonder has Chris re recorded the old songs differently or the same way they usually sound.If they sound the same then I doubt that I will get this album but if he has recorded them to sound differently then it's great news.I hope this is what he has done and this is not just yet another greatest hits album.How many of these "best of" type of albums does one musician need.
Hi Tina :)

I think he recorded these songs as he played them on the recent concerts - in a more "bluesier way" :) Well, as long as no other sources open up and feed us with information we will have to sit and wait and listen to some music...old and/or new :lol:

Greetings
Tobias
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Ok, here's a site with some samples of the new CD - maybe that will increase the anticipation :lol:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/ ... ist&page=1

Greetings and tschoe
Tobias
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks tz! :D

I like it, it's different, and it sounds like the current Chris alright!! 8)

How did you hear about this?

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Tobias/Lily,
tz5632 wrote:Ok, here's a site with some samples of the new CD - maybe that will increase the anticipation :lol:
Thanks for the samples :) :)
lilybee wrote:I like it, it's different, and it sounds like the current Chris alright!! 8)
Totally agree sounds like Chris does now.So time maybe to start looking out for this one and yes finally something to look forward to :) :) BUT I hope that there will be a new ear book ready in time for Christmas :) :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Actually, if you listen to them carefully, Josie, OTB, RTH, Fool, SG, and Let's Dance ARE re-recordings.

All the rest were picked up straight from Stony Road, Blue Guitars, and HBN.

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

lilybee wrote:Actually, if you listen to them carefully, Josie, OTB, RTH, Fool, SG, and Let's Dance ARE re-recordings.
Very true so is it a case that these were re recorded so that all the songs sound from around the one time.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,
This is a great news for all of us, I guess.
The German text says Chris Rea re-recorded his greatest hits the way he played them during his last tour.
Here is the quote:
Chris Rea hat eigens hierzu Hits wie „Josephine“, „The Road To Hell“, „On The Beach“, „Let’s Dance“, „Fool (If You Think It’s Over)” und “Stainsby Girls” in einem brillianten Klang neu aufgenommen. Vervollständigt wird dieses Best Of durch Titel der letzen Rea Alben die seine neu entdeckte Leidenschaft zum Blues wiederspiegeln.

In a "brilliant" way anew recorded....
I'm happy for everyone who were looking forward to these new versions.
Best regards,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris, :D

I got this translation from a friend who speaks German too

Without doubt Chris Rea is one the most important and most high-powered blues – and rock musician of the last 30 years. In his unprecedented career he looks back meanwhile at 19 albums and more than 22 millions sold sound carriers.
Reason enough to unite his biggest hits on "Fool If You Think It's Over - The Definitive Greatest Hits" now, finally.
Chris Rea has specially moreover hits like "Josephine", "The Road To Hell", "On The Beach", „ Let's of dance “, "Fool (If You Think It's Over)" and “ Stainsby Girls " all recordings with a new brilliant sound. Also this new "Best off" is after his recent albums a reflection of his new discovery of the Blues.

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily/Chris,
So it is GOOD news.Thanks for the translations.I am now looking forward to this one.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Thanks, Tobias

You're right, it's good to hear of a new release... and pity for they're "only" re-recorded hits. I hope it's not only the marketing :? we fans will buy it probably, anyway... because of bluesy approach to the oldies.

Don't you all think, those songs would make a concert track-list? Those are favs of the today Chris Rea, I guess. Not mine in 100%, if anyone asks ;)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Defuinately the NEW Chris -I can hardly wait !
You know you're a real fan when you look forward to a best of and you already have several best of's and everything else he's done!
Funny no mention of it on his web site ?
Mind you no mention of anything since new web site launched !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Tobias .....thanks ...What a great idea ..we get to hear the new Chris doing what sounds like wonderful versions of the oldies .....and even better , loads of people will buy it for the big hits ....then find all these other fab songs we have all been loving ...it really is a great set of songs with ,Sometimes , Janice ,Shadow Of A Fool ,Dancing the Blues & Long Is The Time,
Well , I now know what all my friends are getting for Christmas :)