The man The voice The guitar

Did Chris ever record

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Did Chris ever record

Post by Square Peg »

A song called Lily Was Here? Its an instumental but It doesnt sound like Chris. I'm going through my BSides and rarities folder and i was wondering if this song got in here by accident. I dont hear his guitar at all but I do like the guitar in it. But it doesnt sound like his trademark guitar.........Jim
And Me, I'm always looking down that road out of town.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Did Chris ever record

Post by lilybee »

Hello Jim,

Lily Was Here is one of my all time faves... :D

Was recorded by Candy Dulfer and Dave Stewart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSx8uKdD5o

No Chris Rea in it, though I have read the same comment a couple of times before here in the forum.

Cheers,

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Jim,
Lily already wrote everything you would need to buy the CD. I'd like to just add to it that "Lily was here" was a major soundtrack tune of the German movie "Lily Was Here."
There you will find the two (2) versions of this great melody; the full version #1 (4'19") and a short one, #16 (1'43") - reprise - towards the end of the CD. I have this soundtrack. I bought it some 20 years ago exactly because of this particular instrumental which catches your ear and just stays in your head.....
Candy Dulfler (the alt-saxophone player) is a well known Dutch musician and she is still around, playing tunes, doing gigs, concerts and sessions. She comes from a musical family and her father, Hans Dulfer, is a well know saxophone player.
The tune "Lily Was Here" was a number one hit all over Europe back in 1989.
Dave Stewart is better know as a partner of Annie Lennox and "the other half" of the "Eurythmics."
He recorded with many artist, among others with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on the album "Southern Accents." On this album Dave Stewart co-wrote (with Tom Petty) and produced three (3) songs - "It ain't nothin' to me". "Don't come around here no more" and "Make it better" (Forget about me.)
The information that it was Chris Rea who recorded "Lily Was Here" could have come up because at that time Chris composed quite a few soundtracks for German films.
Take care,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 19 Mar 2009, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

Candy Dulfer (daughter of Hans Dulfer, who's still life and kicking) got world-famous with this hit.
She even played several times together with Prince on his concerts through the world.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

gjvg wrote:Candy Dulfer (daughter of Hans Dulfer, who's still life and kicking) got world-famous with this hit.
She even played several times together with Prince on his concerts through the world.
Thank you, I corrected the reference to her father...
Best regards,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for all the inside info Chris.... :D

I didn't know Dave was Annie's husband... :shock:

...all these years, never get tired of this song....it's mine.

Cheers,

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:Thanks for all the inside info Chris.... :D

I didn't know Dave was Annie's husband... :shock:

...all these years, never get tired of this song....it's mine.

Cheers,

Lily
------
Hi Lily,
Sorry it came out in my writing as if they were this close.
No, in fact they - Annie and Dave - were never formally married. The media sources have it "they were a romantic couple", whatever that means... They were a couple basically on stage, as "Eurythmics." They parted artistically, so to speak; Annie got married twice. In early 80s and then in 1988 to Uri Fruchtmann (an Israeli film and record producer) and if I remember correctly the couple had two girls. Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox pursued for years their solo careers. Eventually they decided to get together again and continue playing music.
Take care,
Chris
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Square Peg »

Thanks everyone, I guess this is not Chris so I'll rename it to Dave stewart and Candy Dulfer. It is a catchy little tune and definately a keeper, so I'll add it to my ITunes..Thanks........Jim
And Me, I'm always looking down that road out of town.