The man The voice The guitar

The Farewell Tour DVD & I Can Hear Your Heartbeat

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

The Farewell Tour DVD & I Can Hear Your Heartbeat

Post by Mr_Blues »

Just got the DVD today, bought it from regular music store here in Finland with price of 21.95 euros. It´s worth of every cent in it and even more :)

Wanted to tell my opinion about one thing. Just love the new version of I Can Hear Your Heartbeat. Especially the start of the song and that groove that the band has :) Also all the different styles that the song gets along the way, there´s everything from reggae to gospel, just love the way how they can do it. I believe the start of the song is a bit of a different to the start which I heard in Tallinna, Estonia last spring. They must have changed it along the way.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hello Mr.Blues!

You're right, Chris & co. definitely changed the way of playing this track through the tour. In Saint-Petersburg I also heard a beginning different form that they do on both CD and DVD, but I must say that it seems to me and only me that all versions in their beginnings sound like Dire Straits were playing it - such a special and unusual sound there was.
Weren't they, how do you think?

Best regards,
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

andrew fischer wrote:Hello Mr.Blues!

You're right, Chris & co. definitely changed the way of playing this track through the tour. In Saint-Petersburg I also heard a beginning different form that they do on both CD and DVD, but I must say that it seems to me and only me that all versions in their beginnings sound like Dire Straits were playing it - such a special and unusual sound there was.
Weren't they, how do you think?

Best regards,
&ru
Yes, the sound of Chris´s guitar on the start part on this one has similiar style as Mark Knopfler has :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)