What about the B-sides???

All topics concerning Chris' discography
tobischmitz
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

What about the B-sides???

Post by tobischmitz »

Hi there,

I'm thinking for a very long time: Why has Chris Rea not released his B-sides? Are they that bad that they have to be hidden somewhere in the cellar? To my opinion there are some very good songs banned on B-sides (e.g. Look out for me, Urban samurai, Teach me to dance, I saw you coming,...) . And there would be enough to fill a whole album.

What do you think about it?

Greetings from Germany
Tobias
frake

Post by frake »

indeed he had some (?) good b-sides made.
a time ago i burned all b-sides and other songs wich i only had on analoge (single/LP/various LP) and burned them to cd.
i placed them on "shareaza" and was surprised that they made a lot downloades.
i guess it is forbidden,but i think that there are a lot of fans who not could get the original singles,and will be pleased by getting them this way.
i would!
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

B-side´s

Post by Mr_Blues »

Yes, Chris has a lot of those b-side singles which he should consider to release. If he doesn´t like those songs himself or if he wants just concentrate to his new blues thing he should think it from a point of a fans. We sure would like to get those b-sides as a 3-4 cd box. Because there´s enought to fill that many cd´s. Those b-sides are very good too. So don´t be ashamed of those Chris :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
anton

Post by anton »

Hi... according to my information there is an album called "Singly B-sides" on which there are severall single-b-sides gathered. :lol:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

anton wrote:Hi... according to my information there is an album called "Singly B-sides" on which there are severall single-b-sides gathered. :lol:
Actually I have four cd´s of B-sides, there must be 50 or so B-sides there. But the problem is that those tracks are copied from casettes and LP´s and of course the quality is poor. I would like to get those cd´s remastered with cool quality :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mike Dixon
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Mike Dixon »

Good to see Tobias mentioned Urban Samurai .... a superb song.

I rate that an equal first to the following .....

"Love to Love" (b side of "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat")

Mike
A careless heart ain't good to no-one