The man The voice The guitar

There's only you

All topics concerning Chris' discography
jeffrey
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

There's only you

Post by jeffrey »

Hi, i know there is a release of king of the beach with two bonustracks Mississipi and there's only you.
Is the last song worth to by this release ? ( I can't find this song on the net to listen a fragment)
Or should I by the 12 track of the 12+ Mississipi ?

Regards,

Jef
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: There's only you

Post by elangelo »

jeffrey wrote:Hi, i know there is a release of king of the beach with two bonustracks Mississipi and there's only you.
Is the last song worth to by this release ? ( I can't find this song on the net to listen a fragment)

Regards,

Jef
Hi!
The "Missisippi" song is just like the song on "Stony Road", a bit different musically/technically. "There's only you", to me, sounds like "Sail away". So, it's up to you.
bw
ea
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: There's only you

Post by Mr_Blues »

jeffrey wrote:Hi, i know there is a release of king of the beach with two bonustracks Mississipi and there's only you.

Regards,

Jef
Hello Jeff !

There´s Only You is quite nice little romantic song, with Chris Rea style :)

Like Bart already told, Missisippi is just another version from the same song as on Stony Road....but this one is the original, as it came out before the Stony Road. I think you should go for it and buy the single, at least you would get more stuff to your Chris Rea catalogue :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Square Peg »

I like Mississippi from King of the Beach much better than the Stony Road version,Theres some good songs on King of the Beach. Definately a must have.......jim
And Me, I'm always looking down that road out of town.