The man The voice The guitar

from love to love

All topics concerning Chris' discography
ponponpon

from love to love

Post by ponponpon »

Hi, does anyone know which single includes 'from love to love'?
I have ever heard only the live version of this but never heard the original.
Also, I searched this song in web sites for rare CD shops but couldn't find any single containing this.
I would like to have the single or hear the original.

So many thanks,
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: from love to love

Post by andrew fischer »

Well, the original recording of "From Love to Love" comes with "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat" 7'' single (1983).
Very young-dedicated but thoughtful and positive energetic song. Also, of course, great sounding live.

Best regards 2 all of you here,
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

andrew fischer wrote:Well, the original recording of "From Love to Love" comes with "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat" 7'' single (1983).
Very young-dedicated but thoughtful and positive energetic song. Also, of course, great sounding live.

Best regards 2 all of you here,
&ru
-------

That's a very interesting information, indeed. There was this 3 inch CD single also called "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat" YZ320CD (247549-2, France WE731), issued by WEA in Germany, back in 1988, but with only the title song: "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat" as well as "Giverny", "I Can Hear Your Heratbeat" (extended mix), and "Loving You Again" (Live version.)
Therefore, the 7 inch single from 1983 must have been the vinyl print (from the vinyl age!) and never re-issued as CD.

From love to love

Well if you want me then just take my hand
And if you don't, I will understand
It's just a call from deep within my soul
The burning question, I have got to know

Take a message from love to love
Take it down, from love to love
Girl it's you I'm thinking of
I'll send this letter from love to love
And if I ask you will you take this dance
Please don't think you're taking some big chance
It's just a fire and it burns for you
You know there's one thing that you've got to do

I'll share your secrets on a rainy day
'Cos if you'll have me then we'll be away
Oh there's a fire and it burns for you
You know there's one thing that you've got to do

Best regards to you all,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Chris!

Indeed, it's surely a vinyl single, moreover, 1988 cd-single contains a re-record that you can hear also on New Light through Old Windows LP/
But this vinyl is not supposed to be very rare and I saw it a couple of times at british E-Bay.

but there's also a rather rare vinyl single released in UK in 1988, but it seems to me that it's the sme 1988 remix.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chris-Rea-I-Can-Hea ... dZViewItem

Best regards 2 all of you,
&ru
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

andrew fischer wrote:Hi Chris!

Indeed, it's surely a vinyl single, moreover, 1988 cd-single contains a re-record that you can hear also on New Light through Old Windows LP/
But this vinyl is not supposed to be very rare and I saw it a couple of times at british E-Bay.

but there's also a rather rare vinyl single released in UK in 1988, but it seems to me that it's the sme 1988 remix.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chris-Rea-I-Can-Hea ... dZViewItem

Best regards 2 all of you,
&ru
-------------

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for your speedy reply. Both: the vinyl and the CD cover of the "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat" single are the same. Sometimes the songs are recorded in a different order, but otherwise the picture and titles are the same.
Now, with the announced five (5) vinyl-only project by the "Memphis Fireflies", it seems I would have to go down to my basement to pull out the turn table again! I still hope we'll have a choice, after all, between vinyl and the CD?
Take care,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Well, Chris, I really do wonder whether this info 'bout vinyl Fireflies project is official and true?
If this is really true (I read 'bout it many times here and there, but it all was just people's hollow words), I would be quite cheerful about it, 'coz appreciate vinyl recordings much more than all the digital variants and I love its cozy, warm and fullfilling sound. Moreover I've got several CR's LPs and they really sound greater and richer than CDs, even remastered.

But I surely do understand other people who hope there'll be a CD version we're all got used to. But I'm really glad to hear 'bout Chris's vinyl enthusiasm.

Best regards to all of you here,
&ru
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Good morning Andrew,
I was under the impression that it was Chris Rea himself, in one or more interviews, who had announced his new five (5) vinyl-only format project (he called it "one of my next projects", as he is also writing, not one, but two books at the same time!) But then again, I cannot rely entirely on my memory. Check and re-check - constantly (dovierai no provierai; Vertauen ist gut aber Kontrolle ist besser!), was (and it still is, you know) the best device....
Have a nice one,
Chris