The man The voice The guitar

NEW RANKS !!

Let me know if you've got an idea for this site, or if you've found an error or if you have a question
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

NEW RANKS !!

Post by Bart »

I never REAlized ;) ;) the forum would get so crowded, and people would write more then 80 messages... but they did. So I had to come up with new "ranks". Well, here they are. We have got a long time to go before these ones run out !!

2 - 24: starter REA-fan
25 - 49: bREAth of blues
50 - 74: cREAtive fan
75 - 99: dREAm fan
100-149: super REA-fan
150-199: giga REA-fan
200-299: guitaREA
300-399: REAddict
400-599: REAlly addicted
600-999: REAnatic
more then 1.000: Master of ceREAmony (thanks to Zgred!)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Top posters

Post by Bart »

... and these are the top-10 posters for October 28th:

1 Bart________________143
2 Mr_Blues____________129
3 Zgred_______________111
4 leila.wilson____________68
5 gvhecke______________43
6 COLB-Uk_____________28
7 pam_________________23
8 Texas________________19
9 Daniel Raedts_________14
10 jwanzong____________11
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: NEW RANKS !!

Post by Zgred »

I like it!!! Names are cool & funny. Don't know why you insist to have "rea" in it, however... it's fine. But in my opinion, there is a little chaos now (names don't really give the point), also you should cut the counters by half... the highest rank should be given at about 300-400, because we might never reach them... remember that more time after the release or tour (especially last tour!) the forum will get more steady.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:But in my opinion, there is a little chaos now (names don't really give the point), also you should cut the counters by half... the highest rank should be given at about 300-400, because we might never reach them... remember that more time after the release or tour (especially last tour!) the forum will get more steady.
Hello zgred, thanks for your always appreciated comment !! (as you can see with the ranks I take your comments seriously :wink: ) Also I am glad to have you back on the forum; we (I) missed you...

About your comment, sorry but I only partly agree with you. It is true that the names are a little chaos (although I tried to make them express more and more "ultimate fan" as the number of post rises...). But I don’t think it is necessary that they should make a point... they are just for fun (that's why I wanted them to have "REA" in it, to see how many names we could come up with, with REA in it!)... so I think the chaos is no problem. Of course I am the "leader of the gang" but when more people disagree with me, I chance them again ! (a little democracy ....... but not too much :wink: !)

About the 'problem' that most of us will never reach the highest rank; also that is no problem in my opinion. It creates some sort of 'desire' to reach it. Also I hope that the forum won’t slow down after the tour (which is still far away, and given the number of posts a day...). I believe that there is so much we haven’t discussed (with most of the posts are about blue guitars at the moment) and also the site is getting more well known every day... Let's wait and see ... everybody let me know your opinion...
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Hi Bart, thanks for nice words...
what do you think of such title for you:
"The One That Chris Rea Have Spoken to"
;)
But man, I would give a lot to be in your shoes.... or, better, with you there at the time :) Leila showed me the photo with you and Chris (!!!!) you do really don't have any other? Are there ANY others? Of course it doesn't matter that much, but also the artist couldn't be way too shy..... I don't know.
Let's get down to business.
Bart wrote:as you can see with the ranks I take your comments seriously :wink:
I'm proud of it, but it wasn't that hard when I was the only one that gave some ;):D and to be honest, I supposed you'd say "stop talking crap and discover somethin' cool" :mrgreen:
Bart wrote:But I don't think it is necessary that they should make a point
On second though, it would be more fun with strange and crazy ranks. Agree. Well, many of them don't really contain "rea" as there is no word like "guitarea", here we can ask native English people for help :)
Bart wrote:Of course I am the "leader of the gang"
Hmmmm... Leaderea of the gang ??? Excellent! :D I opt you made it your rank instead of this boring "webmaster" ;)

Look, we haven't also used the word "reader" which quite fits here. First Reader, this is what you really do :mrgreen:
Bart wrote:It creates some sort of 'desire' to reach it.
I know what mechanism you are talking about, I just observed on some forums it makes quantity primary to quality... hope it won't happen here.
Bart wrote:I believe that there is so much we haven't discussed (with most of the posts are about blue guitars at the moment)
True... let's see what we will have in a year, for example :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Just for the record, here's the list of June 15th 2008:

01. Bart (438)
02. lilybee (381)
03. Chris (341)
04.Tina3 (332)
05. Mr_Blues (284)
06. Zgred (268)
07. leila.wilson (108)
08. andrew fischer (107)
09. ronald (99)
10. Gerby (91)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Bart! :-)

Good to see you back, hope you feel better soon.

I'm second in line....does this mean I talk too much..!!?? :lol:

Lily
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

lilybee wrote:I'm second in line....does this mean I talk too much..!!?? :lol:
Well, I wasn't going to say it, but now you said it yourself, who am I to deny it ... hahaha just kiddin' !!
:lol: :lol:
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Well then Bart, maybe I was comparing you to Frankenstein after all, ha ha :lol: :lol: (just kidding)

Glad to be part of it, :D

Lily