The man The voice The guitar

New design - problem

Let me know if you've got an idea for this site, or if you've found an error or if you have a question
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

New design - problem

Post by Zgred »

Now in this bright colours the site looks very fresh and light :mrgreen:

Anyway I have encountered this: when trying to type a name at log-in or subject of a post, it's almost impossible to point a cursor into text space. I reach the field by shift+tab from the next field instead. It hadn't occured when black design was in use.
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

The new look for the forum

Post by leila.wilson »

Yes, I have been having the same problem Zgred. I found that if I pointed my mouse at the top corner of the space for user name, after a few tries, it worked. Bart is away until Monday or Tuesday, but I am sure he will put this right when he gets back.

I do like the new colours though. Do you find the page jumps a bit when you scroll up and down? It does this to me. :roll:

REAgards....Leila.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: New design - problem

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:Now in this bright colours the site looks very fresh and light :mrgreen:

Anyway I have encountered this: when trying to type a name at log-in or subject of a post, it's almost impossible to point a cursor into text space. I reach the field by shift+tab from the next field instead. It hadn't occured when black design was in use.
Hello;

Thanks for your compliment for the new lay-out. I know not everything works 100%, but I am not an expert in web-design, so I am learning every day and I am hoping to solve (some of) the issues as soon as possible. I hope the problem you described is solved now, I put a bit more space between the content of the forum, and the menu (the problem is that some blank space is needed to open up the menu). I hope it works fine now... Another problem I noticed, is that some of the content on the right side is not readable anymore (it "falls of" the screen...) Does anyone else have this problem ?

Let me know when you notice any problems. I always test the new things on two computers, on two different screen resolutions (but both have windows XP and Internet Explorer) but I don;t know how the site is displayed on other computers...

Gool luck! REAgards, Bart
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: The new look for the forum

Post by Bart »

leila.wilson wrote: I do like the new colours though. Do you find the page jumps a bit when you scroll up and down? It does this to me. :roll:

REAgards....Leila.
Hello Leila;

héé that is my signiture :evil: (REAgards)!! That is copyrighted by ME !!! hahahaha, no I am just kidding !! :? :D

Just a short message from my parents house. Please explain to me what you mean by "the page jumps a bit..." I don't think I really understand !!

REAgards, Bart
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Page jumps a bit

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Bart!

I.ll get you back for that!!!! hahaha....Seriously.. It is difficult to explain really......When I scroll up and down the forum page, it sort of wobbles ? It doesn,t scroll smoothly. Does that help? Hope you are ok.

Hmmm! Dare I put "REAgards???? :oops: :D

Leila.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

still problems

Post by Zgred »

Hello & REAgards :mrgreen:

I inform that problem still exists. Leila is right, text field is accessible after setting the cursor at the top of space, in "shadow", not necessary at the corner. Also arrow changes to cursor only when moving mouse upwards, never when moving downwards. Cool 8) :D

Bart, instead of refining the code wouldn't you rather complete lyrics or videos and make them available?