The man The voice The guitar

Anybody here have met THE MAN personally???

.. everything about 'the man'
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Anybody here have met THE MAN personally???

Post by Zeljko »

Ohh I would dearly love to meet Chris and shake his hand...
Bart did you ever meet Chris or his wife or Josephine, Julia, Robert Ahwai, Max Middleton, Marc SYlvin etc???
Is there any chance??

Z
http://www.zeljkoart.com
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: Anybody here have met THE MAN personally???

Post by alan1958 »

I dont know if this will count, but in May 1982,in Newcastle Town Hall, I sat next to Chris Rea at a Springsteen gig. We smiled and acknowleged each other a few times , but I was too scared to trouble him,and did not want to seem "uncool", despite owning all his albums!!!!!!!!
We were seated in the press seats with the celebs and journalists ,so I did not want to make a fool of myself in front of them, but I was eager to talk to him .......... and have regretted it for 26 years.
So sitting beside him for 3 hours is nearly meeting him.(Funny thing ~ he did not seem to applaud after the songs,but was clearly taking note,a his next album was full of "Springsteen-isms")
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

In oktober 2005, Chris introduced his Earbook Blue Guitars in a gallery in Amsterdam.
Just about 100 people had the chance to meet him, talk with him and let him sign a copy of the book.
My wife Ingrid and me were there too and had a quick talk with him and madde pictures wuth him.

Some of these pictures were shown on the former version of Bart's site .
My avatar is one of those pictures.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

alan1958 wrote:I dont know if this will count, but in May 1982,in Newcastle Town Hall, I sat next to Chris Rea at a Springsteen gig. We smiled and acknowleged each other a few times , but I was too scared to trouble him,and did not want to seem "uncool", despite owning all his albums!!!!!!!!
We were seated in the press seats with the celebs and journalists ,so I did not want to make a fool of myself in front of them, but I was eager to talk to him .......... and have regretted it for 26 years.
So sitting beside him for 3 hours is nearly meeting him.(Funny thing ~ he did not seem to applaud after the songs,but was clearly taking note,a his next album was full of "Springsteen-isms")
Ohhh sure it counts!! Lucky you! In 1982 I wasnt even aware of myself hahha let alone Chris Rea!!
Cheers man..consider urself lucky!!

Z
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

gjvg wrote:In oktober 2005, Chris introduced his Earbook Blue Guitars in a gallery in Amsterdam.
Just about 100 people had the chance to meet him, talk with him and let him sign a copy of the book.
My wife Ingrid and me were there too and had a quick talk with him and madde pictures wuth him.

Some of these pictures were shown on the former version of Bart's site .
My avatar is one of those pictures.
You are lucky too! Is that the gallery where he gave this interview??

http://faceculture.ad2stream.com/index. ... y=11736161

Z
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

Zeljko wrote:You are lucky too! Is that the gallery where he gave this interview??

http://faceculture.ad2stream.com/index. ... y=11736161
Yes, that was the one. I think the Avatar of Bart is also a picture that was taken at that occasion ;-)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zeljko wrote:Ohh I would dearly love to meet Chris and shake his hand...
Bart did you ever meet Chris or his wife or Josephine, Julia, Robert Ahwai, Max Middleton, Marc SYlvin etc???
Hello Zeljko;

Yes, I did meet Chris once. There was a fan meeting in a gallery in Amsterdam. Actually I met him twice, as during the first meeting both the photo camera AND the film camera didn't work :( :( So I asked to see him again... Besides that I have spoken to John Knowles, his manager on several occasions for quite some time. And of course Pat Baker, his production manager whom speak now and then, last time before the concert in Dortmund, febr.14th. Last but certainly not least, I spoken very briefly with Julia (of course you all know, Chris' youngest daughter!) before she attended the Amsterdam concert of the farewell tour. I am 99% sure that Joan (Chris' wife) joined her then, but I didn't speak to her...
gjvg wrote:In oktober 2005, Chris introduced his Earbook Blue Guitars in a gallery in Amsterdam.
In 2005 already ? I would swear it was 2006 we met him, so I looked it up. But indeed, you are right; 2005. So long ago ...
gjvg wrote:Just about 100 people had the chance to meet him,
There were by far no 100 people in the gallery. My best guess is around 60 people attended that day ...
gjvg wrote:Some of these pictures were shown on the former version of Bart's site .
:oops: :oops: hope to add them again one day... only the time :( :(
gjvg wrote:I think the Avatar of Bart is also a picture that was taken at that occasion ;-)
That is 100% correct, sir! Thanks to Ronald (member of the forum) this is the only good photo I have from me and Chris, as both the photo AND the film camera didn't work :( There was a professional photographer there, that did make many photos, and I agreed to contact him to buy some photos, but he never returned my numerous calls...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Bart, that is good to know. Thanx for sharing.
I wonder what Josephine and Julia think of "their" songs..did you asked them? I also wondered how they look like...Do they use internet and know about this forum? They must have wondered if there is anything on internet about their dad....It would be nice for them to join here...
And how about Chris? I guess he is old fashioned (and I respect him cause of that), he might take a glimpse at this forum now when he retires...
As you may noticed I am an artist and many of my paintings were done while I was listening to Chris music...I would dearly love to present a painting to Chris if thats possible. Do you know a way so I can do this?

Z
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Last night I was dreaming of meeting with Chris. We were shaking hands and I was hugging him and woudlnt let go haha! Ohh God I still cannot get a grip of myself after this dream hehe!
I am still shaking...

Bart do you know Chris address so I could write him a letter explainig to him that I want to present him a painting? Or even possible meeting him....

I still have this dream...I am sure many of you do too...

Z