lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Chris Rea Articles

Post by lilybee »

Hi Everybody! :D :D

Bart let me post this article here:

Article

Word of warning, Chris uses his colorful language here....

Enjoy the info!

Lily :D
Last edited by lilybee on 13 Jul 2008, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Chris Rea Article

Post by Jim M »

Lily
Great article -Thanks
I know CR's managers language has been discussed here but i've read several CR's interviews where he uses very colourfull language.I have no problem with it -i find it refreshing in todays PC climate and it shows that he's just one of the guys (based on some of his comments he may even smoke a little pot).I think a La Passione project would be great -I think this is an incredable soundtrack !Could get into all kinds of race car stuff and perhaps bless us with some more orchestral music.
If he wants to do a Joni Mitchell (same last name as me but not related unfortunately) i know her neighbor here in Canada and i'd gladly volunteer to carry the equipment or whatever.
Sounds like he has more to come -can't wait !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Nice avatar Jim! :D

That's my favorite painting from Blue Guitars.

I agree the cursing has been part of Chris personality, and you're probably right, he smokes a doobie here and there, he even said on another interview that it was just for laughs.

I don't care what he does in his personal life, as long as he takes care of his health so he can continue to create wonderful music for a long time :D :D

The books projects sound really exciting, specially the Beach and Guitar ones, can't wait!

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

[quote="lilybee"]Nice avatar Jim! :D

That's my favorite painting from Blue Guitars.

I agree the cursing has been part of Chris personality, and you're probably right, he smokes a doobie here and there, he even said on another interview that it was just for laughs.

I don't care what he does in his personal life, as long as he takes care of his health so he can continue to create wonderful music for a long time :D :D

Thank Thom for the Avatar ! One of my fav. paintings as well -i bought this poster

Don't get me wrong these "flaws" are great.Add a little red wine and he can hang out with me !
I've been known to do all of the above myself !

It sounds like he plans to be around for awhile based on his project list !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

great interview thanks lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

You're welcome Alan! I'll post more articles as I get them, :D

We've got to keep each other informed in here... I'll do my best.

Jim, I got that poster too, plus 3 more, one signed by Chris! (New Orleans 2)

Lily
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Thanks for posting it, Lily, it's a great topic!

It's all O.K. with Chris' kind of language, actually I could clearly hear him speaking while reading it.
And what's more; it's so good to know he's alright financially and artistically - can't wait for the new books, either.
I don't care what he does in his personal life, as long as he takes care of his health
Well, I'm sure he does despite that huge amount of coffee he drinks and tons of golden Marlboros he smokes :D

Anyway, great article, again, thank you so much!

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Well, I'm sure he does despite that huge amount of coffee he drinks and tons of golden Marlboros he smokes

Ha ha, you're right Chris :lol:

I always wonder what kind of diet he has, I read he likes to cook his favorite Italian meals himself.

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 27 May 2008, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello everyone,
The article was fine. Thank you Lily for posting it for all of us-fans to read. It was good to learn some insides from Chris.
Thinking of the vulgar language used by him, I'm of the opinion that it's a sign of the times.
When I grew up, we had not used the four letter words so often. Certainly not in public. That's why it still wouldn't be my style to use it.
The reporter should have used dots in the text or, better still, remove all these 'bad words' and Chris still would get his point across.
Unless .....the reporter wanted to expose Chris (bring him up front for all the readers) and show them how he actually speaks.
Best regards to all,
Chris
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Nice article. Our Marlboro Man cursing we can forgive. Even if he swears Chris is a poet. I just adore this man.
And I cant wait for his new MusicBooks....Beach Culture etc....my God...this is wonderful news..If I were a God I would have given him an eternal life....

Z
www.zeljkoart.com
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

I agree with above comments. It's always good to read Chris, and it's our pure Chris with all those coffees & cigarettes, f***ing pappy pops (which BTW I cannot agree more with) and huge knowledge of his job. Let him be, don't forget his hot-blooded Italian and Yugoslavian roots, that probably come out of the shade sometimes :)

Let's be honest, people, there ain't nothing you didn't see or hear before. First person declaring not swearing, I call a liar ;)