The man The voice The guitar

REA'S Creamy Ices Ltd

.. everything about 'the man'
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Rea's Creamy Ices Ltd

Post by lilybee »

alan1958 wrote:Great pic Lily , as always. I'm sure you are aware that the " Rea" Italian immigrants ended up all over the world , usually sticking to the ICE CREAM & & FISH 'n'CHIPS CAFE 'S for a living. Where I live in Glasgow ,Scotland , many of Chris' relations have local business's ; Benny Rea ( I cut his hair !!!!) owns a cafe and John Rea runs the local Snooker club where I take my son , they are both related to CR , but not in the sense that they phone each other every week ......
Hi Alan,

How big is the Rea Clan, you think?

In 20 years in NYC, I never met a REA, and Boy, NYC is full of Italians!!
alan1958 wrote: As for the hair , gotta admit it , back in the early 70's my hair was very similar ,and I really wish I still had it , but , in the words of the great man himself ,"Its All Gone"......................................
:lol: :lol: You crack me up Alan!

I must say, I've always thought Chris Rea had a great set of hair in any color! ...even today.... :wink:
some people are just born with it, probably from his Italian ancestors! :lol:

That said, bald can be --- too... My husband is balding some, but he's 6"2, handsome, and has the nicest blue eyes I have ever seen. That works for me, 8)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Rea's Creamy Ices Ltd

Post by lilybee »

Looking at the link on the first post, I found a typical "Deltics" locomotive from the area at the time:
http://picture.stockton.gov.uk/photos/t9286.aspx

Stockton is North of Middlesbrough.

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: REA'S Creamy Ices Ltd

Post by lilybee »

Here's another shot from the Gazette article, about Chris' hair styles... :D

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 03 Feb 2009, 05:26, edited 2 times in total.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

lilybee wrote:Here's another shot from the Gazette article, about Chris' hair styles... :D

Lily
Pic No1- is from the ON THE BLEACH period!!!!

Pic No2 - Chris looked in the mirror and said to the Barber ,"I don't know what it is,but I love it !!!!!!!!!! , and the Barber said, "I think you've spent Two Days Missing Down The Vi-perm Room"

Pic No3 - is a track from the 4th self titled Chris Rea album ,"When You Know Your Hair Has Been Dyed "
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny. I was sitting thinking about this post today wondering what reply I could give but yours beats all !!! The idea of Chris sitting with his hair in curlers is hystercial :lol: :lol:
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Thank's Tina , I have always liked CR's hair , no matter what it looked like , I am probably envious coz he still has all his own .( As Lily said , that will be the Italian thing , as most of them have got good hair .....well apart from Danny de Vito)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Same here. Have to say it fasainates me too.Next time I see Chris maybe I will ask him for some tips :lol: Danny Di Vito proberly has more American blood in him than Italian but he is a very funny actor too.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

alan1958 wrote:
lilybee wrote:Here's another shot from the Gazette article, about Chris' hair styles... :D

Lily
Pic No1- is from the ON THE BLEACH period!!!!

Pic No2 - Chris looked in the mirror and said to the Barber ,"I don't know what it is,but I love it !!!!!!!!!! , and the Barber said, "I think you've spent Two Days Missing Down The Vi-perm Room"

Pic No3 - is a track from the 4th self titled Chris Rea album ,"When You Know Your Hair Has Been Dyed "
alan1958 wrote: ( As Lily said , that will be the Italian thing , as most of them have got good hair .....well apart from Danny de Vito)
Alan! I'm laughing so hard I can't type!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lily
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

You guys crack me up!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

omg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Lily,
This photo with Chris & promo bicycle is so hilarious, I almost can't believe it's real. That's what we call "old school" :D Thanks for sharing.

Alan,
alan1958 wrote: Pic No1- is from the ON THE BLEACH period!!!!

Haha, man you just won the "post of the year" prize! "On the bleach". "When you know your hair has been dyed". Love the references :D Brilliant!
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Zgred wrote:Haha, man you just won the "post of the year" prize! "On the bleach". "When you know your hair has been dyed". Love the references :D Brilliant!
Thanks very much for the really kind words , Zgred ,.....More to come ......watch this space :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Zgred wrote:Haha, man you just won the "post of the year" prize! "On the bleach". "When you know your hair has been dyed". Love the references :D Brilliant!
I agree totally
Chubbs
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Chubbs »

Legendary English footballer & manager, the late Brian Clough met his wife in Rea's cafe.

Charismatic, outspoken, and often controversial, Clough is widely considered to be one of the greatest managers of the English game and the greatest English manager never to manage the England team.

After training, Brian and the rest of the Middlesbrough players would often meet up in the Cafe on the corner of Ayresome Street. It is referenced in both his autobiography and the book the 'Damned United'

The following link has a picture of how the Cafe now looks.

http://www.brianclough.com/legend.htm
Raised in the furnace and smog of Teesside