The man The voice The guitar

Do you think CR or his daughters or relatives ever....

.. everything about 'the man'
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Do you think CR or his daughters or relatives ever....

Post by Zeljko »

.....visited this forum?

Maybe some of them are "undercover" here :D
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: Do you think CR or his daughters or relatives ever....

Post by alan1958 »

After reading my "On Thr Bleach " post , I HOPE NOT !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Alan,

Chris said once (when asked) that he visited (another) site when he wanted to know something about himself, maybe jokingly....? (another) used to run this forum, before Bart... :D

I believe they do visit, from time to time, to keep up with what his real loyal fans are up to, you know, like making fun of his hair...? :lol: :lol: or the never ending talk about B sides and live concerts, which has been going on for a very, very long time.... :D

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I would say "yes" to this one if for no other reason it would be to get a laugh.I could not see Chris being annoyed about the jokes about his hair in fact I think he might enjoy the humour behind them.If he was upset about anything here would you not think that he could easly have someone sort it out? I mean he has to know this site exists as it would be hard not to since it is so active.I would think quite a few people close to Chris would visit this site regularly and I would not be the least bit surprised if we spoke to the odd one now and then although we might not even know we are talking to them.There is nothing on this site that has said anything bad about Chris and the odd few jokes here and there are no harm.Each and everyone one of us here love Chris and if we did say anything unkind about him we would have plenty of objections from the others.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Well Chris if you are reading this, or Josephine or Julia or any of your relatives or close to him, co-workers etc..please contact me...I will devote oil painting to you and would love to present this painting to you.
I am in contact with Norman Nosebait, your first drummer and he says "hi". :D

Yes, I also think that people close to Chris might have been to this forum and check it out from time to time...they are probably not members of this forum or they are..but "undercover" :D

Zeljko
www.zeljkoart.com
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

I have been a member of another Chris Rea forum for a number of years, and at least once to my knowledge someone has registered and said they were Chris, this time it was a prank by students at university to see how many folk would react to a "Hi its me".e-mail from a star. Those that replied to that e-mail were not amused.

I was lucky enough to be a member of the Evan Hunter aka Ed McBain forum and was deighted to be able to communicate with the great man for a number of years before he died, questions were asked and answered on many occasions. It is a pity that this facility is not an option with this forum, but then again Barts server may not be able to handle the amount of correspondance that would fly from all corners of the globe.

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

This is one interesting question Zeljko, and probably every fan here has asked themself about it, loudly (forum-ly) or not, including me. My bet it's the first question ever stated here :D

However it's been some time, and still no doubts were cleared. Crap, even worse, Bart was almost turned down when informed (in person) CR's crew that he runs the active fan-site. Sorry I put it this way, but look: it's all internet. Writing a post from time to time, register as - not even by Chris himself, no problem - as official "contact" - what the hell is problem? Like they couldn't spend ten minutes of their precious time once a month. I do not understand this. I dare to say they don't care about this Bart's site, which is not very far from saying they don't care about the fans. Did they hear about, hint hint, newsletters?

We spend money on it, buying CDs and attending concerts. Some of the works are expensive, like BG or FHBN, and for some of us it is not easy to just go and buy it. Yes, am talking about myself, but also referring to people that, for example, live in the place where music is hard to get. I'm far, far away of telling it's not worthy the money, becasue IT [EDIT: Please don't use this word] IS. That's why I'm stucked with Chris' music and will buy it regardless of ****s around him. Sorry for language. Was it, or is it much effort for all of you to post here?

And we have our Zeljko that wants to spend his time and skill, and GIVE some of his work (looked at your website man, what to say, you won't bring shame on us :) ). So, what if Chris' relatives or staff are reading, not intending to reply? Well... have fun reading. Just in case, don't say nothing about privacy concerns or something, puhlease. If Bart wanted to hack U, he would hack U long ago ;)

... hey Alan, after your On the Bleach, and now this moaning, we can expect closure of the site due to "improper behaviour and personal abuse" complaints :D :D :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Zgred wrote:Like they couldn't spend ten minutes of their precious time once a month. I do not understand this. I dare to say they don't care about this Bart's site, which is not very far from saying they don't care about the fans. .
I used to think that Chris didn't care about his fans but I have changed my opinion a little on this subject.I think Chris does care but I feel that he is restricted by some members of his team in what he knows goes on.Lets face it Chris has people employed to help him.I think these are the ones who limit what Chris get to know.It is not possible for Chris to do and see everything so people take the decision as to what is important.I think Chris likes his fans and I base this on the way he stops and talks to them.I remember at one concert after it was finished fans had no access to seeing Chris as he was behind a very high gate but as he was leaving the arena he could have just kept on driving but he didn't.He got his driver to stop and although he didn't get out of the car he did roll down his window and signed autographs and spoke to the people that were there.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Tina and all,

I think that Chris (or someone from his family), is indeed visiting this site. I mean: from time to time. Just to get the feeling "what's going on" and what people have to say about him, his music, his tour or future projects.
Just like the proverb has it: a dog does not bite the hand that feeds him, so I don't suppose Chris would ever try to hurt this site; something that actually works for him, for his good. It is quite possible, though, that some members of the CR's team might have brushed away Bart when he approached them and asked for a ticket. Simply because they were not necessarily aware what he was doing for Chris. On the other hand, Bart shouldn't anticipate any benefits. He made a mistake by assuming they owed him something. I know he was hurt, but it was entirely his initiative; Chris hasn't asked him for any support. There was no tie-in sale in it.
Furthermore, it's the members of this forum that count the most. Not only for Bob but mainly for Chris. If it wasn't for Lily, Tina, Jutta, Chris from Budapest, Alan1958, Zgred and many, many others this page wouldn't be the best Chris Rea's fun club; an excellent international forum to drop in in order to meet fellow fans, chat with them and exchange or get valuable information as well as opinion. All this, I think, should be especially treasured. It is, after all, our joint effort that keeps this site alive. I'm grateful to Bart for maintaining this page even though he seems to be too busy to attend it lately....
So, it's great to be here, to know all of you and to have the feeling someone just might be reading our posts.
Best regards to you all,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 18 Jul 2008, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris (Poland), :D

You made some good points .... :D

Enough whining people, let's get back to what we do best here, have some fun!! :lol: :lol:

Lily
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Chris wrote:It is quite possible, though, that some members of the CR's team might have brushed away Bart when he approached them and asked for a ticket. Simply because they were not necessarily aware what he was doing for Chris. On the other hand, Bart shouldn't anticipate any benefits. He made a mistake by assuming they owed him something. I know he was hurt, but it was entirely his initiative; Chris hasn't asked him for any support. There was no tie-in sale in it.
Chris, I haven't heard none of this. I hope my memory doesn't trick me, but Bart didn't asked for a ticket, as not only he simply wouldn't do that, but also he could just afford one. There was no "you owe me smth" approach. Bart actually offered help: "you keep me up-to-date on CR, I process the news and send them further to many people around the world". Bart was seriously disappointed (so were we), as he basically asked for an e-mail, or maybe a call, from time to time. And there was some pro photographer that promised Bart his shots, and guess what...? That's right, you guessed.
That's all I can remember. Well, would be good having Bart authorize this, anyway.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zeljko wrote: Do you think CR or his daughters or relatives ever....
.....visited this forum?
100% sure :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink:

Chris wrote:...so I don't suppose Chris would ever try to hurt this site; something that actually works for him, for his good.
Well, that is actually not true! I have had some issues regarding the closure of this site which I don't want to discuse here any further ...
Chris wrote:...It is quite possible, though, that some members of the CR's team might have brushed away Bart when he approached them and asked for a ticket.
I have NEVER approached anyone to ask for free tickets in return for the site. Some time ago (and I guess that is the event you are referring to) there was an action, where one could register at jazzeeblue and be selected for a free Chris Rea show. Of course I registered - I guess I was entitled to this, as were all other visitors! - and wasn't selected. This was indeed a big disappointment to me, as it was - I guess - to every body else that registered and was rejected.
Chris wrote:...On the other hand, Bart shouldn't anticipate any benefits. He made a mistake by assuming they owed him something.
I find it very ****** that you state that I shouldn’t have "assumed" they "owed" me something!
I haven't !!!. They owe me nothing... I build this site on my own initiative and pay good money (with some incidental donations, which are very much appreciated!) and invest very much time to keep it alive, and - this is where you are right! - they haven't asked me to do this, and there was surely no tie-in sale in it!! What DID hurt me was, that - even after all these years of hard labor - I was simply rejected when asking for some information. I think they "owe" that to the ones that finance their business (fans who buy the albums and visit the concerts, including myself) and - in the big picture - it doesn't matter if they do that through their own site or through mine (of course I would prefer the last option :) ).

Besides all this I think it would be nothing more then polite to show a little appreciation for all the work that is done here; and this has nothing to do with “owing something”, just good manners. I have had for years a good contact with the manager of Paul Casey who has thanked me many times for the (tiny bits of) info published on this site and always sends me the new album for free, even before it is for sale in the stores. His manager doesn’t “owe” me anything either, but he just shows polite appreciation for “advertising” Paul. That is just the way it is in my opinion. I have had a “fight” on this forum once before about this subject, I don’t want to “open up old wounds” again, but I also thought your statement was far from the truth. I hope I have been able to make my point clear for once and for all and that we can put this to rest...
Chris wrote:Furthermore, it's the members of this forum that count the most. Not only for Bob but mainly for Chris. If it wasn't for Lily, Tina, Jutta, Chris from Budapest, Alan1958, Zgred and many, many others this page wouldn't be the best Chris Rea's fun club; an excellent international forum to drop in in order to meet fellow fans, chat with them and exchange or get valuable information as well as opinion. All this, I think, should be especially treasured.
Couldn’t agree with you more!! I have said it many times how grateful I am for all the great friends that join me here...

Chris wrote:It is, after all, our joint effort that keeps this site alive.
You said it correctly, “our joint efforts”. Without you all no such great forum! I guess it all comes down to “interaction” (don’t know if this is the correct word). If I miss one monthly payment on this site or didn’t fix the many database errors that occur during everyday use, there wouldn’t be a site alive either! Besides that, although I agree with anybody who says the forum is by far the most attractive and alive part of this site, I have had a very, very lively site with 1.000’s of visitors even before I ever though of putting a forum online!
Chris wrote:I'm grateful to Bart for maintaining this page even though he seems to be too busy to attend it lately....
Thank you very much. I have indeed been very busy but also not been feeling well lately, but it is great joy to hop by now and then and see all this wonderful info being posted. Thanks for that you all. Although not visible for you all, I have been working on maintaining and updating this site on a regularly basis (some evenings a week) and I still hope when I finally find some peace with my study and work situation and at home to join the forum more often. I do read almost all posts and enjoy them very much!

I hope you have no hard feelings about this post, I just had to ventilate my feelings...

Best regards to all!!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Bart for your elaborated explanation. Now I know what it was all about. I suggested to you at the time (just like a few other registered members) not to react emotionally and to keep this site going.
No hard feelings. Let's put this issue to rest, once and for all.
Take care,
Chris