The man The voice The guitar

My personal favorite

Let us know what your favourite song is
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

My personal favorite

Post by Gabriëlle »

I guess i would have to say ’Til I find my true love’s name'. I can't really give a reason for it but mainly because every time i hear the song it brings back many happy memories.

How do you guys feel about this song?
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: My personal favorite

Post by alan1958 »

Yeah , got to agree , Gabrielle , as ’Til I find my true love’s name' came on in the car the other night ,when the ipod was on shuffle , and I turned it up LOUD ......great song .........hidden away on disc 9 , I had forgotten to play it for a while .............that's the best thing about Blue Guitars ........new faves every WEEK :D :D
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

I is a wonderfull thing, sometimes you just forget about a song and then you hear it again and think to yourself 'why don't i listen to this song every day'? But i guess in the case of Chris there is just so much.....To listen to all the song every day is impossible. But i feel that everyone should listen to their own personal favorite a least once a day....give the day just a little more sunshine, right!?!?!?
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Gabriëlle wrote: i feel that everyone should listen to their own personal favorite a least once a day....give the day just a little more sunshine, right!?!?!?
Totally :) Everyday, at work last week ,I played "If You've Got A Friend In Jesus" from Blue Guitars:2 Country Blues , a few times a day ....simple tune , sounds really authentic , nobody could believe it was Chris Rea ...that was part of the fun , seeing their reaction , certainly no-one thought the singer was a white person ......i'm sure CR would be delighted :) ........next week ..another few faves....who knows what :) The week before it was Somebody Say Amen from the very under-rated The Blue Jukebox ..amazing tune ...now going to play "’Til I find my true love’s name'" again :)
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Good for you! Enjoy the music!!!!!!!! :D
flip12
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by flip12 »

90' blues, Stone Looking for the summer, Nothing to fear
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I do like "Footprints in the Snow" live; aswell as the studio recording
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

How about the songs from the CD Blues Ballads on Blue Guitars. "If I Ever Get Over Losing You"or "Maybe That's All I Need To Know" or 'My Deep Blue Ways".

But the one I really like at the moment is 'Til The Morning Sun Shines On My Love And Me.

What a man, who can produce such a variety of music, that can fit into every mood I feel. Favourites, that's a hard ask as all his works are brilliant and each suits that perfect moment when I need it.
eddierose0608
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by eddierose0608 »

For me it would have to be Texas, I love the slide guitar parts in this song. Would love to find the tabs for it.
If anyone has them or knows a website with them on could you please let me know thanks.