The man The voice The guitar

"Josephine"

Let us know what your favourite song is
Dev

"Josephine"

Post by Dev »

"Josephine" is my personal favourite...that's the one that got to me ...what do u think about it?
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Preferences

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Dave,
Thankyou for your contribution. Yes I like "Josephine" very much too. It is a song close to Chris,s heart as well because Josephine is his daughter, as you probably know. Any special reason why this one is your favourite?

Regards,

Leila.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: "Josephine"

Post by Bart »

Dev wrote:"Josephine" is my personal favourite...that's the one that got to me ...what do u think about it?
Hello Dev,

Welcome to the forum... Josephine is one of my favorites to (I have sooooo many !! :shock: ). Among other reasons also because of what Leila said. It is soo sweet that a father can sing such wonderful song to his daughter ... I think it is a great gift that he give to her, even if it wouldn't have been a famous song ! I like the live version better than the studio version (although I also like "La version francaise" very much!).

REAgards, Bart (webmaster http://www.chrisrea.nl)

PS: @Dev, if you log in next time before you post a message (you can also choose to log in automatically every time you visit!) people can see that it's you, and you can alter your messages afterwards !
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Josephine is also one of my favoriets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Dev

Josephine

Post by Dev »

Hi again chris rea fans..and a special Hello! to Leila :lol: leila ..it's Dev..as in UltraDev,not Dave...i wasn't drunk when i wrote it :D ...i saw what u wrote about josephine...that's Chris's reason for why he wrote "Josephine"...what is your special reason?maybe i'll tell u mine...and mine is different from Chris's reason :P
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Josephine

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Dev,
Sorry I got your name wrong. It,s good to share thoughts with
fellow admirers of Chris and his music. I had to think a bit before I answered your question, as "Josephine "is one of many songs that I like a lot, but I have always thought of it as Chris,s yearning for little girl. There
are other songs that have very special meanings for me personally, and I could therefore have given you a much quicker answer.
Here goes then, I like it because of the depth of longing in his words,and the honest way he allows us to see into his heart,but in particular, the loneliness that comes through, and I know about that!

I hope you will share your own reason or reasons Dev, and that other members will also feel they can add their views. We all need to chat
to each other more, because I think that is why we joined Bart,s
brilliant site, to give and receive thoughts,information etc.

Very best wishes to you , and I look forward to talking to you
again.

Leila.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

I also love all versions of Josephine.
I also play this song and several Chris songs on the guitar.

Zeljko
http://www.zeljkoart.com
rugge78
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by rugge78 »

Zeljko wrote:I also love all versions of Josephine.
I also play this song and several Chris songs on the guitar.

Zeljko
Also I do...
I have a guitar style very close to Chirs: simple sounds and a Fender Stratocaster. I'm going to learn some bottleneck style. I own one from a very long time. It's time to use it.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

I adore all 5 versions...Are there more than 5 versions?

Z

gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

The version of J. i like most is the Vinyl Shamrock Diaries version.
The version on NLTOW i found a bit to disco.
The life-version on the Farewell-tour and the FHBN are great, because of the "..and J. grew up" part.
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Well, I think there's no one in this 'gathering' called Chris Rea fans who doesn't like Josephine... :)
It's one of my favourites, too, but I have to disagree; I found the Shamrock-version a bit disco, I prefer the New Light (actually: radio) version.
But I remember when Chris started to play the song with the banjo in the Farewell concert; no one knew what was that until he started to sing - and then I kinda fell in love with that version. I simply can't get enough... and yes, 'Josephine grew up...' shakes the foundations!
By the way, Chris appeared in a TV-show for a phone interview just the other day, and before the interview the reporter said some facts about him, including the following:
'Chris Rea has two adult daughters; the whole world probably know them... since they're called Julia and Josephine.' :D

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hey guys, there's a lot more going on about Josephine on this thread!

http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... ?f=6&t=764

Enjoy, :D

Lily B.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Josephine....we sang Josephine with Chris on 4-th of March in Serbia....unforgetable....
Guess after a few decades, Chris got tired of singing those hits the fans want to hear on his gigs hehe..I think he would rather sing new songs to us...

Z