The man The voice The guitar

Diamonds

Let us know what your favourite song is
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Diamonds

Post by pam »

I find it very hard to choose between the 'old' songs and the new. I think the 'blues' undertones were always there, as the live versions of some classic Chris Rea tracks on the tour last year showed. The latest albums prove what an excellent blues guitarist Chris is. I do, however, have to admit that 'Deltics' is probably my favourite, and Diamonds is my all time favourite track. :roll:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Cooking chinese food

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello

Deltics is album which I listenned somehow during cooking chinese food around 1997-1998 :) Good early songs of Chris, times of innocence perhaps :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Cooking chinese food

Post by pam »

Mr_Blues wrote:Hello

Deltics is album which I listenned somehow during cooking chinese food around 1997-1998 :) Good early songs of Chris, times of innocence perhaps :)
Hi Mr Blues - welcome! You have made some very interesting posts!Certainly 'Deltics' seems to have an innocence about it.

If anyone is interested, you can hear some radio clips from the 70s including some Chris songs at http://www.tonyallan.org. Go to the audio page and listen to the clips from 1979

Pam
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Cooking chinese food

Post by Mr_Blues »

pam wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:Hello

Hi Mr Blues - welcome! You have made some very interesting posts!Certainly 'Deltics' seems to have an innocence about it.

If anyone is interested, you can hear some radio clips from the 70s including some Chris songs at http://www.tonyallan.org. Go to the audio page and listen to the clips from 1979

Pam
Hello Pam. Thanks :) Well I better check out this 70´s radio thing with Chris on it :)

Mr_Blues from Finland
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

early songs

Post by Zgred »

Speaking about early songs... I remember how fascinating it was to hear his first album ("Whatever happened...") with knowing the first "Best Of" as the oldest record for awhile.

His voice and overall style was so young, fresh, different from what he did over a decade later (not that I was surprised). It's exciting to follow Chris' music from the beginning to present, and see what is changing, what becomes important for him, how he becomes better and better with expression.

One day I will sit and listen to ALL albums in chronological order 8)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: early songs

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zgred wrote:
One day I will sit and listen to ALL albums in chronological order 8)

that should be one interesting session :)
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: Diamonds

Post by Zeljko »

Diamonds is a great disco song....Chris was always good and creative...even when he was "rookie"....

Z
http://www.zeljkoart.com