The man The voice The guitar

Shamrock Diaries... isn't it great?

All topics concerning Chris' discography
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Shamrock Diaries... isn't it great?

Post by marcolino »

Yesterday I was listening to that CD, and although I think Chris has written his best music ever in "Blue Guitars", I must say that... WOW! That album is one of his best! (if not the best at all). It's the album that made me "fall in love" with Chris many (oh! so many...) years ago, but still now I recognize its strength. Wonderful music, beautiful texts, perfect sound and arrangements, exceptional and moving guitar solos, and Chris' voice at his best. It brought again tears to my eyes and chills to my spine, and when the CD ended I was stuck on the chair unable to move. I didn't remember how great that album was. I didn't listen to it for years, since the Chris' "blues turn", but there was a time when I was listening to it every time I could. Simply stunning. Does anybody agree with me?

Bye
Marcolino
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Shamrock Diaries... isn't it great?

Post by Mr_Blues »

marcolino wrote:Yesterday I was listening to that CD, and although I think Chris has written his best music ever in "Blue Guitars", I must say that... WOW! That album is one of his best! (if not the best at all). It's the album that made me "fall in love" with Chris many (oh! so many...) years ago, but still now I recognize its strength. Wonderful music, beautiful texts, perfect sound and arrangements, exceptional and moving guitar solos, and Chris' voice at his best. It brought again tears to my eyes and chills to my spine, and when the CD ended I was stuck on the chair unable to move. I didn't remember how great that album was. I didn't listen to it for years, since the Chris' "blues turn", but there was a time when I was listening to it every time I could. Simply stunning. Does anybody agree with me?

Bye
I like Shamrock Diaries too. Stone, Hired Gun, All Summer Long, etc. Just brilliant songs :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Shamrock Diaries... isn't it great?

Post by Zgred »

marcolino wrote:Does anybody agree with me?
Somebody agrees with ya :D

This IS great album. Essential, pure Chris, I like it very much, especially because of All summer long, Stone, Steel river, Josephine of course. This album is really moving...
opinions4u

Shamrock Diaries

Post by opinions4u »

This was my first Rea album and stays as one of my favourites. That slide guitar solo in Stainsby Girls is sensational. The title track is special too.