The man The voice The guitar

Hint to Chris Rea; Rickie Lee Jones's newest CD

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
chrisreafan

Hint to Chris Rea; Rickie Lee Jones's newest CD

Post by chrisreafan »

The legendary cult heroine Rickie Lee Jones returns with her latest outing The Devil You Know, a surprising and fascinating collection of covers produced by famed musician (and longtime fan) BEN HARPER.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Hint to Chris Rea; Rickie Lee Jones's newest CD

Post by Chris »

Thank you for pointing out to this CD. It hasn't been released yet; it's scheduled for Sept. 18, 2012.
The article in the Rolling Stone magazine suggests it's going to be an interesting RLJ's work, especially with Ben Harper in charge.
BTW, the new double album (Privateering) by Mark Knopfler is resembling Chris Rea, in several bluesy songs.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Chris,

I have DeLuxe version of Privateering (got codes for going to his concert in may next year, but i gave them away to somebody else (can buy up to 6 tickets), reply was that ticketvendors sold them 10 euro's cheaper as Mark Knopfler intends...but a good effort of Mr Knopfler to sell the tickets direct to the public.

As you see i have Deluxe version but ...didn't even knew Chris was involved...have to read it he he.

I also have the Deluxe version of Bob Dylan's Tempest.

I think Chris Rea also reads "the Rolling Stone" so maybe it wasn't neccesary, but now you said it (you stumbled searching on the Net on the article i assume). So it is good afterall.

Tremendous amount of new singles (Blues) and albums who are worthwhile, but have to make time to post it.

One good blues record and single (in my opinion) Coco robicheaux with Spiritland (album) and Brad Wilson with "I am still breathing' of the album Blues Magic.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi chrisreafan,

As you see i have Deluxe version but ...didn't even knew Chris was involved...have to read it he he.

What do you mean by these sentence? Did Chris also play on this album?

Thanx!
Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Ann,

I know I wasn't called up to the black board by you, but I feel obliged to reply since it was me who had mentioned some similarity between Mark Knopfler's and Chris Rea's blues songs. Of cause, Chris wasn't involved in Mark's project.
Best regards,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I misunderstood, thought about (also after reading the book which comes along the cd's (Deluxe)). sending an correction about my phrase. Now i know Chris mentioned it sounds like Chris Rea his Blues, if only a little bit, and i agree that with the Celtic sounds and the slide guitar comes near.

I am not recommending any buying by this audience of any artist or record if only Chris Rea, but those records will be bought mostly anyway (okay not the "best of" maybe).

My apologies to Chris and Ann and others who i put on the wrong foot, but English and my enthusiasm for music did me in this time.

it was not on purpose,

thanks.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi chrisreafan,

Rest assured everything's fine and dandy, no hard feelings, we just discuss music here.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I made some time:

T-Bone Blues-Bill Johnson
Half The Man-Bill Johnson
Fishing With Your Boots On-Bill Johnson
I'm Still Breathin-Brad Wilson
My Woman Is Evil-Big Al Dupree
Fm Shoes-Bill Lyerly
Living With The Blues-David Shelley
Nowhere Without You-David Shelley
Secret Sorrow-Jeremy Spencer
Desired Haven-Jeremy Spencer
Bed Down-Mother Blues with Gerald Mcclendon
Temptation Road-Nick Vigarino
The Ballad Of Wishbone-Paul Reddick
Brother Is Gone_Ry Cooder
Becky Brown-Tavern Tan
John Wayne-Tavern Tan
Pocketful Of Money-Terry Williams & Wesley Jefferson
Broken String-Coco Robicheaux
I Knew Without Asking-Coco Robicheaux
Saturday Night Before Christmas-Coco Robicheaux
St. John's Eve-Coco Robicheaux
Spiritland-Coco Robicheaux
Working Man-Coco Robicheaux
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

An interesting compilation.
Coco Robicheaux, one of my favored musicians from Louisiana, passed away last November at the age of 64.
He was known for his "hoodoo blues" style. A mixture of cajun and blues.
Take care,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello Chris,

I did not knew him and that's my fault cause i am living with the blues since.........well my dad likes it too, maybe toolong (LOL). Stumbled and searched and came upon another album worthwhile of him "Louisiana Medicine Man". Also read that he is gone which is pretty **** bad.

Yeah, the compilations i make are no religion, but i think i have the time and maybe taste to search the Net for interesting CD's and make them even more interesting with other sounds. Everyone may have his or her opinion about the music, that's ok off course.

Ok bye for now,
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Chris wrote:BTW, the new double album (Privateering) by Mark Knopfler is resembling Chris Rea, in several bluesy songs. Take care,
Chris
Yes, but Knopfler does his blues with much better sound than Chris, more authentic sound with very good players. And no drum machines or other nonsense. Also, he has fabulous Kim Wilson on harmonica, the real deal in blues harmonica playing. This privateering is good album, I recommend it !
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Listened to "the Album Privateering", it's not bad ;-), but I like his brother better (David). I hear some similarities in guitar playing (the slide), but still I like Chris better :D
And Keb Mo is a great talent on slide guitar and Delta blues, just my humble taste...
Ann
You're never to old to dance!