The man The voice The guitar

Guitars unlimited: wrong tracklist

All topics concerning Chris' discography
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Guitars unlimited: wrong tracklist

Post by marcolino »

As many of you already know, in the JazzeBlue label catalog there is also a CD titled Guitars Unlimited. This is a wonderful CD of fine music beautifully played by five jazz guitar players (though they're not mentioned, so it's difficult to know who they are, not to talk about bass player and drummer :-k ). But the most strange thing is that the order of tracks as reported on the back cover is wrong. I own this CD since a year or so and didn't pay much attention to the tracks' name, as they are all instrumental pieces and the title in this case is frequently some kind of "ornament". I saw two well known pieces, Ellington's "Take the A train" and Miles Davis' "Freddie Freeloader" (I have them both on other CD's) but only yesterday I discovered there was a well known Chris' piece, that is "What became of you". I know this track in the "Hofner Blue notes (instrumental only)" and "Blue Guitars (sung)" versions, so I immediately wanted to listen again to it in this arrangement. But I was surprised to notice that this track was not in the place it should have been (2nd track) but was instead in the 6th place. The same was for the other two tracks mentioned above.
So now if there is anybody who is able to put some light on the correct track list he would make me and the others who own this CD a great favour! Unfortunately JazzeBlue doesn't have an email address as all of you well know, so it's not possible to ask to them the correct order of the tracks. I know that is quite a difficult task to know that, but, who knows...

Bye
Marcolino
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Guitars unlimited: wrong tracklist

Post by Mr_Blues »

marcolino wrote:So now if there is anybody who is able to put some light on the correct track list he would make me and the others who own this CD a great favour! Unfortunately JazzeBlue doesn't have an email address as all of you well know, so it's not possible to ask to them the correct order of the tracks. I know that is quite a difficult task to know that, but, who knows...

Bye
You better ask from Bart if he can do something with his contacts to Chris´s managment.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Mr_Blues wrote:You better ask from Bart if he can do something with his contacts to Chris´s managment.
Probably I'll do
Marcolino
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:You better ask from Bart if he can do something with his contacts to Chris´s managment.
I have added it to my "questions-to-ask-when-I-have-contact-with...."-list ! (it is growing every day!)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi all, just came across this topic searching for more info on Guitars Unlimited album.

I think there is a correct track list on the promo acetate:
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=281893

The stock CD contains a different track list indeed:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BrhieBijL.jpg

Can somebody tell me what is in the lines with small letter under the track names?
(For the first 4 tracks it seems to read "Chris Rea arrg." and then a name of a performer)

If Chris is the author of the first 4 tracks mentioned on the stock CD, then where do the track First Snow in Paris сome from? Take the Mingus Train comes as well from Hofner Blue Notes, Reunion is feautred on Sylvain Marc's Madacascar, but this song?
Or is it another mistake/misprint and it is in fact First Snow (Mingus) or this is not a CR song?

Thanks a lot
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Veherny,

thanks a lot but this great and useful review by the topicstarter does not pour the light on the origins of the songs credited to Chris Rea. By the way, does anybody know whether credits are known for solo albums for Robert Ahwai and Silvain Marc? Do they play their own tunes? At least one or two songs (Reunion and First Snow) seem to be written by CR.

best regards
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

If Andrew Little is known about this I'll try to find out
I asked Martin why he did not record for Jazzee blue
Martin is a great composer he has written songs for Sade and others
I'm waiting for your answer and then tell you if you're interested