The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by ann268 »

Ordered the album on CD and Vinyl. I think it will sound like the music her created in the zero's, as the later stuff. And the travelling theme is interesting (my opinion). 10 weeks to go to the first gig in Amsterdam a a few nights. Can't wait. You can buy the single Chris, only as a download.
You're never to old to dance!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Ann for your reply. Yeah, I still have my collection on vinyl, along with my turn table, but nowadays I play mostly mp3 in my car. Every once in a while I do lay an LP on.
When I listen to, for instance, "On The Beach", the melody together with the mellow sound of the sea, takes me to another world, I would say, since the sound is completely different from the ordinary CD or a mp3 player. The electronic devices, simply speaking, do not carry either upper nor lower tones properly (or at all).

This time around Chris won't be coming to Warsaw, to my regrets.
Therefore I would have to travel someplace to see and hear him. Perhaps to Munich, Prague or Vilnius (Lithuania).
Since he will be playing in many places in Germany, the other option would be: Dresden or Berlin. Either way it's hundreds kilometers away for me. And yes, I would have to secure a ticket, first.
I know that many people might feel differently, but I'm nostalgic about his 'old sound'. That's why I don't think it would be bad should he return to it now.
Take care.
Last edited by Chris on 28 Jul 2017, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hello Chris,

In an interview after la Passione he said his voice couldn't get the high tones anymore. In his latest singe his voice and music sound more like the albums he did in 2003/2005. The 2nd snippet gave me more hope of a full sound. But his voice is really damaged by his smoking or his illness, maybe both.
I still love it very much though. So maybe some full music with a rough edge? Still waiting for snippet nr 3.
Even 10 seconds say something :)
I hope you find tickets for a reasonable price. Here you can only get them at the scalpers. Prague, Vilnius, even Russia maybe? Good luck with the tickethunt.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

New snippet - generous 20s this time! :lol:

Again this annoying accordion like in the last two songs, a chord progression we've heard a million times and drums that sound like he used some samples in a home recording environment :(

If that song really was recorded with a band in a proper studio then some people did a really bad job and Chris really lost quality control.

This is getting ridiculous - I shouldn't have believed one single word from the marketing department of the record company...
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

So many people, so many opinions. I actually like it.
Link:https://www.facebook.com/ChrisReaOfficial/
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I think drums are better than in recent years and I don't mind the accordion sound in it. To me sounds quite ok so far. Remember that sound is much better when listening from CD, not to mention LP.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I actually enjoyed the third track more than the previous two, at least I can listen to it :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Snippet from 4th track "Money" coming later this week. Oh man, these days there ain't new releases without remakes, this one been already in two releases before.....
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

The first two lines are out, my guess is that it will be the same track from "Santo Spirito Blues", just arranged a bit more professionally.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

yes, remake it is. but if there is need to make remake why choose this not so great song in the first place?

think I had false memory earlier, somehow recalled that money was already remake in Santo Spirito but I was wrong. was I ?
elangelo wrote:The first two lines are out, my guess is that it will be the same track from "Santo Spirito Blues", just arranged a bit more professionally.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Well, I've just canceled my pre-order of the deluxe version after listening several times to the new snippet :(

What's the point in re-releasing a song from the last album which was poor and still will be poor- no matter how you arrange it? Even worse: the new production sounds even worse than the old one.

Again: if this was recorded with a band in a studio - all people involved did a really bad job.
This is just embarassing.

Like I said last time these songs are far apart from the style and quality of Chris' old days. How can the record company actually say something like this? It's misleading or at least clueless and I fell for it. This is just another low budget production with hardly any new idea and inspiration I would have expected after a six year hiatus.

I've been a fan since 1990 and I will keep my old records - but this is getting more and more ridiculous.
I'm deeply disappointed by Chris, his management and all the people who are in charge.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Money is crearly the worst song of what we have heard so far. I don't get why this song had to get new version, song is not that good at all, not be amazed if it will end up being the worst in whole album.....

and one thing, does this song even fit on the concept of the album?
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I respect all critical voices about the upcoming album, but taking into consideration the fact that Chris can hardly sing (and probably play), as he used to, I'll be grateful for any new or "refreshed" material, including "Money." I think that his best years are over. It's rather a legend still playing and recording for us, I'm looking forward to.
He won't be neither young nor energetic as he used to be. So, I'll give him a break.
Best regards,
Chris
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi all,

2014 was a great gig, I hope his Album and gig this coming year will be great too.
I feel very very much respect for him trying to satisfy our needs as fans. If you like it or not, in the end his makes and does all this for his fans. So I respect everyones opinion, but his will to accomplish things are wonderful and he has my respect and love.
I will not complain, I appreciate all he is willing to do.

Just my humble opinion.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I think song like Money which is a remake could have been left out from the album, think there is plenty of new music in it, so no need to publish this remake.