The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by Chris »

Yeah. I was just teasing, you know. I realized the band was in place, but at the same time I was still hoping for Max Middleton to be included, too. The bass player was replaced, alright. I will miss Sylvin Marc on stage.
Well, after all it's Chris who decides on that, right?
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

yes, I guess Max is not in a shape to go on tour. wonder why Sylvin is not in the band? I guess son of Robert will be good replace but still.
Chris wrote:Yeah. I was just teasing, you know. I realized the band was in place, but at the same time I was still hoping for Max Middleton to be included, too. The bass player was replaced, alright. I will miss Sylvin Marc on stage.
Well, after all it's Chris who decides on that, right?
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

a new snippet is there, to me the song is OK and you can really tell it was recorded in a studio and not at home. Funny how this impression was different with 'Money'.

after listening to the interview I realised that this entire CD is just a 'happenstance', maybe a way to get Chris out of depression and help him financially. Well, if I look at it this way - no problem with me at all, but I'm still worried about the tour
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Yeah, snippet is ok, bluesy style like I thought it would be. Still can't get my mind out of the fact that the "Money" snippet sounds so bad, wish it was left out from the album. I bet Chris wanted to get dozen songs on album and he filled the dozen with the remake in the last minute or so.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Ok, this weeks snippet will be song called "Moving On", wonder if it will be remake or rendition of "Got To Be Moving On"? And was there song titled close to "Moving on" on Blue Guitars? "Got To Be Moving On" on Stony Road was great song by the way. Anyhow this one could be once again bluesy song but also more like the old style. What you think of?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Friday, you'll be certain. Maye Wednesday if you get the the two lines ;)
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

very true, let's just wait :)
ann268 wrote:Friday, you'll be certain. Maye Wednesday if you get the the two lines ;)
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I started to wonder, maybe they posted the wrong version of Money? Maybe this song was re-recorded at the studio too and the album will include the version with the real musicians? I really can't imagine all of the tracks being recorded in the studio and just this one at home.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

like I thought earlier, maybe Money was added last minute because the album was one song short, maybe rest of the album has been made with band and Money he did back home alone.
elangelo wrote:I started to wonder, maybe they posted the wrong version of Money? Maybe this song was re-recorded at the studio too and the album will include the version with the real musicians? I really can't imagine all of the tracks being recorded in the studio and just this one at home.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

In the interview Chris said he has had a difficult year and just had that new computer at home. Maybe one of his experiments at home came on the new album? You never know. Maybe he made the whole album on that computer and redone a lot in the studio...His plan after La Passione was, as far as I remember a new blues album. Nothing like it, more blues-rock. He had bought to new blues guitars. We can only guess.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

What I found interesting in the interview was that he was cut after "medically..." (00:14 in the Youtube video). I'm sure he added at least another item on this list.

In the interview with the Daily Mail he said something about business things that went utterly wrong ("and some business things went really bad. That’s still in litigation, so I can’t say anything,...") - so maybe they cut it in this EPK because it didn't seem appropriate for the audience - and we can only guess what it is...
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Sadly we have to do with the information we get. And we will hear it in a few weeks.
Some will love it and others won't.
I keep my fingers crossed for the loving part :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

tobi777 wrote:What I found interesting in the interview was that he was cut after "medically..." (00:14 in the Youtube video). I'm sure he added at least another item on this list.

In the interview with the Daily Mail he said something about business things that went utterly wrong ("and some business things went really bad. That’s still in litigation, so I can’t say anything,...") - so maybe they cut it in this EPK because it didn't seem appropriate for the audience - and we can only guess what it is...
Yeah, his TV interview (I think) was evidently edited and the reference to his financial problems (aside from medical issues) was removed. I have no proof other than above mentioned statement in "The Daily Mail", but I do believe Chris needs financial support. That's why he'll be playing eleven venues in Germany alone, to net badly needed cash. He knows he can still fill the halls there, where he has many supporters. Tickets start with €70.00 and the Messehalle in Erfurt can house up to 12,000 people. Other venues are somehow smaller but still can accommodate a few thousands fans each.
I wish him Godspeed in his efforts.
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

I imagine that chris in addition to health problems has financial problems. Maybe the industry does not forgive him that he has opened his own label. I hope they have stopped broadcasting complete songs so as not to be uploaded to youtube. And lastly, I was snooping around ticket sales And it works very well even in some places has sold everything. A great joy for me
Hugs
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Why are people always worried he doesn't earn enough?
Is it all about money? I have my doubts.
He wants to stay busy....And he sold out in Amsterdam( and many other places), hug back Verherny.