The man The voice The guitar

Chris Rea announces album Stony Road reissue on vinyl

Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Chris Rea announces album Stony Road reissue on vinyl

Post by Bart »

Chris Rea announces his powerful blues album ‘Stony Road‘ as limited vinyl-edition through earMUSIC.

Embark on a sonic journey with the first-ever vinyl reissue of Chris Rea’s album ‘Stony Road’. Originally unveiled in 2002, this timeless album has been impeccably remastered to grace the vinyl format for the very first time, promising an enchanting encounter for audiophiles and collectors.

‘Stony Road’ is a melodic tapestry woven with Rea’s distinctive gravelly vocals and soulful guitar riffs, creating an immersive experience for every listener. The album is a harmonious blend of blues, rock, and folk influences, reflecting Rea’s eclectic musical palette. The title track, ‘Stony Road’, sets the tone with its haunting lyrics and bluesy instrumentation, while tracks like ‘Changing Times’ and ‘Dancing My Blues Away’ exude infectious energy and rhythm. Each note is a brushstroke on the canvas of Rea’s musical landscape, painting vivid imagery that resonates with the complexities of life.

This release is a strictly limited edition, pressed on 180g orange doble-vinyl, housed in a premium-quality gatefold jacket and will be released on June 7th, 2024.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Chris Rea announces album Stony Road reissue on vinyl

Post by It's All Gone »

Fabulous 👌
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Yes great news, isn't it? Pre-ordered it on Amazon.de right away. Although Stony Road has never been my favorite album, still great to see "old" material re-released. Even thoug I like all the compilations as well, still better to get an whole album.
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by It's All Gone »

I remember the album coming and delighted it was blues. I was knocked out by it.

I saw Chris live for the first time on that tour in Brighton. It was awesome! He played a lot of the album plus a few more recently re worked hits at the end.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

To be honnest, I didn't like the album at all when it first came out. Always been a huge fan of the "pre-blues" material. Only two tracks I always loved "sun is rising" and "changing times". But after Blue Guitars (which is one of my favorite album) I started enjoying his blues material more and more. And now I like this almost as much as the older stuff.