The man The voice The guitar

Life long Rea fan

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Deltics
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Life long Rea fan

Post by Deltics »

Hi all,

I am 45 years old and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, which is about 35 miles North of Middlesborough, where the man is from. I have been a fan since I first saw Chris as support act for Lindisfarne back in 1978.

Each time Chris tours I try to get to see at least two shows and I therefore have travelled to many places in this country to see his shows such as London, Sheffield and Glasgow, as well as local venues such as South Shields, Gateshead and Newcastle. But in 1994 he did not tour in the UK, so I got a cheap flight to Toronto and slept on a friends floor so that I could see his first performance in Canada.

I have two daughters and live in the North east of England and can relate to many of the lyrics in Chris's songs. Like everyone else my life has had its ups and downs, but listening to Chris's music has helped me through.

I know that Chris is "The reluctant rock star" and does not like the attention, but I would love to bump into Chris at a bar, buy him a pint and shake his hand to thank him for the pleasure his music has given me over the years.

"REA" gards

Deltics
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Life long Rea fan

Post by Bart »

Deltics wrote:Hi all,

I am 45 years old and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, ...

..."REA" gards

Deltics
Welcome to my forum !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Welcome to Deltics

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Deltics, and welcome to a fellow North Easterner! Hope to meet you in the Forum lots of times. I would love to hear what your favourite songs are? Mine have grown with time, but the first one I listened to constantly was "Gone Fishing"

REAgards Leila.
Deltics
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Deltics »

Hi Leila,

My favourite song is "Just passing through" (the live version), which apperently Chris wrote in a hotel in Germany. While waiting in the foyer someone arrived with a flower delivery and he wondered who they were for. (not for him as he was "just passing through").

My favourite album is "Dancing with Strangers", of which I have two copies, one for in the house and one for the car.

The question most people ask is do you prefer his old style of music or his Blues music. Personally I enjoy both, but then again my wife (who is not a fan) says that I would listen to anything that he played or sang.

I see from your profile that you were a school teacher, where you a "Stainsby girl" by any chance?

"REA" gards

Deltics
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Stainsby Girl.

Post by leila.wilson »

Hello Deltics,
No. I was not a Stainsby girl I,m afraid! I attended the Newlands Convent in Middlesbrough as a girl. As a schoolteacher, I taught at St. Joseph,s Infant School for some years, and then St.Dominic,s Primary School (10 year olds) This was in Redcar, where I have lived most of my life, apart from my earlier years in Middlesbrough.
I must listen to your favourite song! To my shame, I don,t know that one! Regarding the question that everybody asks including me...... I prefer his older songs, but as I mentioned to you in my Email, I like them all. There are some really good songs on his "The Blue Jukebox"
Have you heard any of them?

REAgards, Leila.

Re: Stainsby Girl.

Post by Guest »

Hi all Chris fans

I've been searching for ages for a good website - thanks to Bart for this forum.

I have been listening to Chris's music since 1978. I saw him on the 'Blue' tour last year, in Bristol. It seemed to have gone more than a full circle - from small gigs (Birmingham Odeon early 80s) to packing out the NEC in Birmingham (mid to late 80s) to small gigs again in the 90s, and back to a full concert hall! What a man. I am making an entry in the radio section also

Hope to chat to you all soon
Pam
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Welcome

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Pam,
Welcome to you, and looking forward to chatting with you.

Leila :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Another Realigious addict :mrgreen: stay tuned!
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

I hope you get ....

Hello Zgred. Although I agree with you these spammers are very, very annoying (and I wish them even more then you did!), please watch your language. I really cannot allow this kind of things in the forum !!