Bitter Suite by Chris Rea

All topics concerning Chris' discography
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Bitter Suite by Chris Rea

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Everyone!

How d'you think what can it be? And when could it be written?
I've never seen such a title before! It must bea very rare unreleased record.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-REA-bitter-su ... dZViewItem

Best regards to all of you
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Bitter Suite by Chris Rea

Post by Mr_Blues »

andrew fischer wrote:Hi Everyone!

How d'you think what can it be? And when could it be written?
I've never seen such a title before! It must bea very rare unreleased record.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-REA-bitter-su ... dZViewItem

Best regards to all of you
&ru
I think this supposed to be as Bitter Sweet, which is rare song.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Bru,
Mr Blues is correct in that this is a rare song.I think this 1 would have been released in the 1980's as a promotional record.It would have been given to radio stations etc. to promote a possable future single realise.It doesn't say how long the song Bitter Sweet is on this item.The only version of this song that I have heard is less than 2 minutes long.The spelling of Suite is also incorrect as this suite is how it is spelt when you refer to furniture.It is as how Mr Blues spelt it to refer to sweet as something nice.I hope this helps
Regards
Tina
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Bru,
Mr Blues is correct in that this is a rare song.I think this 1 would have been released in the 1980's as a promotional record.It would have been given to radio stations etc. to promote a possable future single realise.It doesn't say how long the song Bitter Sweet is on this item.The only version of this song that I have heard is less than 2 minutes long.The spelling of Suite is also incorrect as this suite is how it is spelt when you refer to furniture.It is as how Mr Blues spelt it to refer to sweet as something nice.I hope this helps
Regards
Tina
Hi Tina, Mr Blues and Andrew,

I think (will someone correct me if I'm wrong?), that the song "Bittersweet" comes from the motion picture "The Kreys", made in 1990. It was a film about two London gangster brothers. Chris Rea composed a title song for it titled: "the Bittersweet."
But again, I have not seen this particular movie. Just read somewhere about it....
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Hello from Dublin! It looks like you are right in what you say.Chris Rea did sing on that film.So this is a 90's song and not 80's.I haven't seen this film either and frankly I don't want to. Them 2 gansters did horrible things to people.Not my idea of entertainment.
Regards
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Well, if the real title is "Bittersweet", then it actually comes from the "Krays" film, but the year is 1984. It was a promo 7'' single.

I was only confused with the word "Suite" in the title, so that I could not identify this piece.

Thank you all for answers,
Best regards,
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Chris wrote:Hi Tina, Mr Blues and Andrew, I think (will someone correct me if I'm wrong?), that the song "Bittersweet" comes from the motion picture "The Kreys", made in 1990. It was a film about two London gangster brothers. Chris Rea composed a title song for it titled: "the Bittersweet."
But again, I have not seen this particular movie. Just read somewhere about it....Take care, Chris
Never heard of this movie, although I´ve heard of few movies which includes Chris Rea music. That might be true that this song is in this movie, but it doesn´t necessary mean that the song was made for that movie and in 1990. It could have been done back in 80´s and then it was used on this movie. My source indicates that this song was made back in 80´s. But on the other hand, that might be untrue also :) Wish The Man himself could tell as what is really true :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Mr. Blues wrote:

(quote)

Never heard of this movie, although I´ve heard of few movies which includes Chris Rea music. That might be true that this song is in this movie, but it doesn´t necessary mean that the song was made for that movie and in 1990. It could have been done back in 80´s and then it was used on this movie. My source indicates that this song was made back in 80´s. But on the other hand, that might be untrue also :) Wish The Man himself could tell as what is really true :)[/quote]
--------

Hi, how are you doing?

Come to think of it, again.....
Well, yes, I should correct myself. Many people just jump to a conclusion, you know....
It works like this: Chris wrote a song?; well he must have composed it for a given movie. Yet this, of cause, doesn't necessarily have to be the case...
I read (somewhere) that "Chris wrote a song for the movie called 'Bittersweet'"......

But, it's quite possible that he either wrote this song already in the early 80s, and it was only used in "The Krays" soundtrack in 1990, or the title "Bitter Suite" refers to something completely different. Perhaps it's a totally new tune?
A mystery, just like the Litvinenko's spy story....?
Best regards to you,
Chris
egizzy
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by egizzy »

I have come on this a bit late but if it helps, there is a list of credits for Chris, and as already said Bittersweet is from the film 'The Krays'
http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/1491193
will give you more information about film related credits for the man.

'Can you hear my heartbeat?'
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

Then the song is used in the film, instead of being from the film. You do realise that the track 'bitter sweet' is only about 1'30" ?
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
BLACKBOY8970
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by BLACKBOY8970 »

After a little searching i have found this info :

The song "Bittersweet" comes from the motion picture "The Krays", made in 1990. It was a film about two London gangster brothers. Chris Rea composed a title song
for it titled: "The Bittersweet."
I think it was performed by Kate Hardie as Frances , correct me if i'm wrong.

Song is released as encore to the Single ''Ace Of Hearts'' (1984)

I have uploaded the fragment from the movie , link is here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKLOTbkD44

Hope you enjoi the song dear friends :)

Greetings
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

THe Chris REa version is also there on You tube
JIm
Nothings Happening By The Sea