The man The voice The guitar

cd live ( in amsterdam) looking for the musicians list

littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

cd live ( in amsterdam) looking for the musicians list

Post by littlecouinie »

road to hell and back has been recorded in amsterdam and you can listen at the end of jazzee blues the name of the musicians: robert ahwai, paul hirsh, and ?jJO BREA ?
who is he? this name sound like a david bowie musician but i am not sure
who can help me?
waouh pour chris rea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: cd live ( in amsterdam) looking for the musicians list

Post by elangelo »

littlecouinie wrote:road to hell and back has been recorded in amsterdam and you can listen at the end of jazzee blues the name of the musicians: robert ahwai, paul hirsh, and ?jJO BREA ?
who is he? this name sound like a david bowie musician but i am not sure
who can help me?
tu sais... the "Jazzee Blue" and some other tracks were recorded in Warsaw, not Amsterdam, and I really think he says something like "Thank you thank you... Paul Hirsch!" (which is after the Josephine track). We have one of big fans here, Chris, who is from Poland, I always wanted to ask him actually.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

"thank youa" it's what i hear now you tell me that perharps you are right he has a very hard accent speaking not singing and i think after his illness he seems to have a strong voice more and more "every hours" every"second little by little ...it's hard to understand ! we'll wait"chris "respons i was sure that this cd had been recorded in amsterdam not in warshaw because its a french of me who offers me a mp3 as i pod with the whole"road to hell and back on it so i have not the box!
thank a lot for your reply
bye for now
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

littlecouinie wrote:"thank youa" it's what i hear now you tell me that perharps you are right he has a very hard accent speaking not singing and i think after his illness he seems to have a strong voice more and more "every hours" every"second little by little ...it's hard to understand ! we'll wait"chris "respons i was sure that this cd had been recorded in amsterdam not in warshaw because its a french of me who offers me a mp3 as i pod with the whole"road to hell and back on it so i have not the box!
thank a lot for your reply
bye for now
Well actually, Elangelo had said it all. The first four (4) cuts on the live album were taken from the Warsaw concert on March 17, 2006.
But since I felt like called upon to come up to the blackboard, so here is my answer: I cannot make up myself what Chris was saying at the the end of "Josephine", perhaps something like "thank youa, thank youa", or "too proud, too proud" (of Josephine who grew up?), and then he went on to single out the keyboard musician: "Paul Hirsh?"
Best regards to you all,
Chris
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

just to understand paul hirsh was the pianist on some concerts not the whole tour i see on chisrea.de that the pianist was mark something don't remember his name it's a real turn over beetween the musicians! i am sure that paul hirsh was here all along the cd because we hear chris speaking about paul hirsh that's sure it seems more thank youa than i am proud
i ask sylvin about what chris say i hope he would answer on this word!
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

littlecouinie wrote:just to understand paul hirsh was the pianist on some concerts not the whole tour i see on chisrea.de that the pianist was mark something don't remember his name it's a real turn over beetween the musicians! i am sure that paul hirsh was here all along the cd because we hear chris speaking about paul hirsh that's sure it seems more thank youa than i am proud
i ask sylvin about what chris say i hope he would answer on this word!
-------------

Hi all,

It would be difficult to determine, I presume, whether Paul Hirsh was "a last minute replacement" on keyboards for this tour (for Marc Edwards who was originally mentioned as the piano player), but Paul was on stage in Warsaw, all right. I haven't seen anyplace on stage the saxophone player (Eric Seva) though. I've tried to follow the footage from different concerts. Back in England, towards the end of this exhausting tour, a young promising Irish musician joined the band onstage for the "Fool if you think it's over" song.

The 'core' of the CR band nowadays - the way I see it - consist of: Robert Ahwai on guitars, Martin Ditcham on drums and percussion and Sylvain Marc on bass guitar (brilliant!)

The 2CD DVD set from the "Road to Hell and Back" farewell tour has a documentary where Sylvain Marc addresses Chris Rea in either French or Spanish, per "Commandante!" (sic!)

There are also interesting Chris' 'insides' (at least for me), for instance when he is buying a Soviet-era wrist watch designed for the blind people. He goes on explaining that once, in Helsinki, a Russian fellow presented him with such a watch because he wanted Chris to have something from him, to keep, as a souvenir. Chris quips after buying a replacement watch on St. Petersburg's bazaar "come to think of it, a country which made watches for blind people couldn't be that bad, after all..."
Back in Moscow, looking at huge billboards (almost) covering the Kremlin, CR says something that explains (in a sense) the nature of the Russian people. "They want to be just like the Americans; but what for (why?), well it's beyond me..."

Take care,
Chris
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

is there any e mail to join you directly?
i wld'like to understand what you mean by commandante? i have the documentary dvd both with blue guitar and with dancing down the stony road (with a koln concert + interview)
i just want to speak about chris meaning... and caracter is he so hard spirit we can see or is it the atitude against music editors? if you have the dancing road dvd on the back there is a word about strong linguage i don' t hear about these words i am not very good to listen what he say he has such an accent we dont mind when he is singing : it's very clear and so i understand everything
i come back on the musicians sylvin and paul
i cant make them speak about chris even for things without importance (i think these musicians are stucked? by professional secret for chris rea it's difficult really)
i am organising a blues festival near lyon for october 2008 because i would like to have memphis fireflies in it
it's very very hard to have contacts with chris agent i am not deseperate i 'll have success i am sure
littlecouinie
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

littlecouinie wrote:is there any e mail to join you directly?
i wld'like to understand what you mean by commandante? i have the documentary dvd both with blue guitar and with dancing down the stony road (with a koln concert + interview)
i just want to speak about chris meaning... and caracter is he so hard spirit we can see or is it the atitude against music editors? if you have the dancing road dvd on the back there is a word about strong linguage i don' t hear about these words i am not very good to listen what he say he has such an accent we dont mind when he is singing : it's very clear and so i understand everything
i come back on the musicians sylvin and paul
i cant make them speak about chris even for things without importance (i think these musicians are stucked? by professional secret for chris rea it's difficult really)
i am organising a blues festival near lyon for october 2008 because i would like to have memphis fireflies in it
it's very very hard to have contacts with chris agent i am not deseperate i 'll have success i am sure
littlecouinie
-------------

Dear Littlecouinie,

Don't get me wrong, but I'm a private person and I don't feel neither qualified, knowledgeable enough or better said: authorized to analyze Chris' character and feelings publicly. All I can tell you is this: I gather from his songs (both: texts and melodies) and from what he says in interviews that he is a very sensitive person indeed. The "toughness" expressed perhaps at times with bad language (cursing etc.) and some usual typical-English words such as "bloody" (an agent on stage in Riga ((or was it Tallinn?)) who didn't know what's the capital of Estonia, or Latvia.), are just screens which cover his complex and very sensitive true nature, I guess. Chris said at an impromptu exchange in Riga or Tallinn: "and thus: he is the bloody agent!", laughing and hugging the fellow afterwards. But this didn't mean anything, just a casual remark of his.
He is, for me, a camera shy! After all these tours and concerts he gets nervous going on stage.... He says something about that backstage in St. Petersburg..."it could have been Brussels or Amsterdam, but I always get nervous, waiting to go on with the concert."
Chris gets real sentimental when he starts speaking about his wife, daughters, frequent trips by plane home, "for the weekend" during a tour and such. He is a very private person. We don't know practically anything about his private life, but we can put together some Lego blocks to imagine how his life might look like. Problems with the older daughter (now studying in Florence, Italy), apparently with drugs (in one of his songs, where he explains that he discussed the issue around the kitchen table!) or memories of a good friend; that's when he gets sentimental.
So, I'm looking forwards to his memoirs to be published soon, to see if I'm right or wrong in my assessments.
He is writing a book, or even two books at the same time?
On the "documentary" DVD for his "Farewell Tour" he actually goes over some chapters of his book and he says something about it, too.
All the best with your festival in October, 2008.
Take care,
Chris
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

i am happy that your feelings about chris are the same than my feelings i am sure it's a good guy shy and living a real life not as star life he hate this way of life i understand all that i was just questionning about some tells of others fans who are not so sensitive to him i am the same way i go straight in front of me often without reflexion we say" impulsive" i love every body " sometime the fall down is hard.... you know i sent him a letter at his home i know he has got it because i have the notification signed of his own hand! i told him how admirative i was for his work and the way he show courage for alls ill people i said to him he is a public man but one can see with attention what he is really you have just to see complicity with his musicians particulary with sylvin it's an evidence !
my dream is to have a jam with him i told him about that dream i hope that will be possible with this festival if we realise our project to have the memphis fireflies in it
never mind i think all goods things about him and that would be the best day in my life if i could meet him
have a look to my page myspace.com/littlecouinie you ll'understand who i am....
bye for now lot of kisses littlecouinie
waouh pour chris rea
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

one tell me perhaps the thank youa would be said in polish? what do you think of that?
Paul hirsh answered me that chris was saying daughter" josephine? "
i dont know !
kisses to alls
waouh pour chris rea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

littlecouinie wrote:one tell me perhaps the thank youa would be said in polish? what do you think of that?
i dont know !
kisses to alls
well that's exactly why I wanted to ask Chris about it
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

elangelo wrote:
littlecouinie wrote:one tell me perhaps the thank youa would be said in polish? what do you think of that?
i dont know !
kisses to alls
well that's exactly why I wanted to ask Chris about it
---------

Hi all,

Well, the Polish version of a simple "thank you" is "dziekuje" (Polish spelling) and pronounced: "Jing-kuye", so nicely said, time and over again, by Borat!
But I think Chris actually said "Josephine, Josephine"....
Take care,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Chris wrote: Hi all,

Well, the Polish version of a simple "thank you" is "dziekuje" (Polish spelling) and pronounced: "Jing-kuye", so nicely said, time and over again, by Borat!
Take care,
Chris
Well, he says the same thing after the first track "Jazzy Blue", where there's no reason to say "Josephine". As (I don't mean to sound rude!!!) Chris doesn't seem to have excellent pronounciation in other languages (like French tracks on Blue Guitars or his "danke" on a German gig which one wouldn't understand without knowing that it has to be "danke"), I tend to think that it still was "dziekuje"...
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

elangelo wrote:
Chris wrote: Hi all,

Take care,
Chris
Well, he says the same thing after the first track "Jazzy Blue", where there's no reason to say "Josephine". As (I don't mean to sound rude!!!) Chris doesn't seem to have excellent pronounciation in other languages (like French tracks on Blue Guitars or his "danke" on a German gig which one wouldn't understand without knowing that it has to be "danke"), I tend to think that it still was "dziekuje"...
---------

I have to admit it, I was wrong; Chris indeed says "dziekuje" ("thank you" in Polish) towards the end of the first song, and repeats twice: "dziekuje, dziekuje" after "Josephine!" I don't know why I haven't, but I should have recognized this right a way. I have to apologize to all fans on this forum since I've tried to convince them otherwise.
Sorry about that.
Having said that, I'm very happy that Chris felt so good on stage in Warsaw. I wasn't aware of that because I've missed this concert (I wrote about it previously) due to a sudden indisposition.
Best regards to you all, especially to Elangelo in Moscow and the lady from France, Littlecouinie.
Chris
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

i a happy because WE have found what chris said he has curiuos accent i dont know ilf i would speak polish don't laugh ! the frenchies ,when they speak english make laugh sometimesee the video i put on my page "ail ame draille in aume for chris masse" ziss iz maille fazeur ate (this is my father hat) well
my friend who told me that it was the musician name chris present is wrong and wrong! it's only thank you in polish! when i told her that , she told me : in a french concert i have he say the same world : i think that thank youa and " djurkz ..." sound the same way!
thank a lot for your collaboration, guys ,and have a nice week! we do have to go to school to morrow "beurk "(that mean its no good i prefer saying in bed!)
bye for now
waouh pour chris rea