The man The voice The guitar

cd live ( in amsterdam) looking for the musicians list

littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: cd live ( in amsterdam) looking for the musicians list

Post by littlecouinie »

i forget to tell you the french concert was david bowie 'one and not chri rea!
kisses
waouh pour chris rea
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

Chris wrote:
elangelo wrote:
Chris wrote: Hi all,

Well, the Polish version of a simple "thank you" is "dziekuje" (Polish spelling) and pronounced: "Jing-kuye", so nicely said, time and over again, by Borat!
But I think Chris actually said "Josephine, Josephine"....
Take care,
Chris
Well, he says the same thing after the first track "Jazzy Blue", where there's no reason to say "Josephine". As (I don't mean to sound rude!!!) Chris doesn't seem to have excellent pronounciation in other languages (like French tracks on Blue Guitars or his "danke" on a German gig which one wouldn't understand without knowing that it has to be "danke"), I tend to think that it still was "dziekuje"...
---------

I have to admit it, I was wrong; Chris indeed says "dziekuje" ("thank you" in Polish) towards the end of the first song, and repeats twice: "dziekuje, dziekuje" after "Josephine!" I don't know why I haven't, but I should have recognized this right a way. I have to apologize to all fans on this forum since I've tried to convince them otherwise.
Sorry about that.
Having said that, I'm very happy that Chris felt so good on stage in Warsaw. I wasn't aware of that because I've missed this concert (I wrote about it previously) due to a sudden indisposition.
Best regards to you all, especially to Elangelo in Moscow and the lady from France, Littlecouinie.
Chris

a good news
i upload on youtube/littlecouinie a mini concert of our friend Chris recorded on tvp1 : have you seen this stuff?
it's strange he look like being stressed reading? prompter and the musicians but him seem to play back thre is no harmonisist but you can hear it
what do you think about that? i ld like to have your feeling
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you for uploading the "Chris Rea's mini concert" on Youtube.

I think they only pretended to perform "live" in the television studio (on the first program of the state-run Polish Television = TVP1) while, in fact, the three (3) songs have been played from the playback.
What's interesting is the band's composition. The sax player was Eric Seva with Robert Ahwai on the guitar, Marc Edwards on the piano, Sylvin Marc on the upright bass and Marc Rea (Chris' brother, "faster than light", on the drums.) I believe I read at the time that Chris came to Warsaw to promote his new CD, "The Blue Jukebox".

This is not related to CR, but just today (August 29) I read that Mark Knopfler will be coming to Warsaw. He will play a concert at Warsaw's Torwar arena on May 2, 2008. It's a great news for all Knopfler's fans around here.
Best regards to you all,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 30 Aug 2007, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Chris wrote:Thank you for uploading the "Chris Rea's mini concert" on Youtube.

I think they only pretended to perform "live" in the television studio (on the first program of the state-run Polish Television = TVP1) while, in fact, the three (3) songs have been played from the playback.
What's interesting is the band's composition. The sax player was Eric Seva with Robert Ahwai on the guitar, Marc Edwards on the piano, Sylvin Marc on the upright bass and Marc Rea (Chris' brother, "faster than light", on the drums.) I believe I read at the time that Chris came to Warsaw to promote his new CD, "The Blue Jukebox".

This is not related to CR, but just today (August 29) I read that Mark Knopfler will be coming to Warsaw - "soon" - to promote his "Kill To Get Crimson" CD! That's ahead of the local issue date on September 14 (according to our press.) Mark will also come to Poland next May 2 (in 2008) to play a concert at Warsaw's Torwar arena. Great news for all Knopfler's fans around here, I guess.
Best regards to you all,
Chris
Did you mean Adrian Rea on drums? (drummer on "On the Beach" CD and probably earlier) or does he have to brothers who are drummers? :lol:
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

no if you have a lok to the video miniconcert tvp1 (polish tv )on youtube/littlecouinie at th e end there is the name of the musicians eric seva, marc rea, sylvin marc ,robert ahwai,
and the keyboard i don't remember the name
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=UafQs8vMqhk

good night
waouh pour chris rea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

littlecouinie wrote:no if you have a lok to the video miniconcert tvp1 (polish tv )on youtube/littlecouinie at th e end there is the name of the musicians eric seva, marc rea, sylvin marc ,robert ahwai,
and the keyboard i don't remember the name
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=UafQs8vMqhk

good night
yes I just wonder who Adrian Rea is then :)
The worst is gone....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello to you all,

The breakdown of the band playing in the Warsaw TV studio says: "Mark Rea" (Mark spelled with a "k", as opposed to Marc with a "c" as I wrote previously) on drums (percussion.)

Chris Rea is the son of Camillo Rea, an immigrant from Italy and Winifred, of Irish descent (died Sept 1983). He has two brothers, Nick and Mike, and four sisters, Catherine, Geraldine, Paula and Camille. He is married to wife Joan, with whom he has two daughters (Josephine, born September 16th 1983, and Julia Christina, born March 18th 1989).
Therefore: who is "Mark Rea?"

Take care,
Chris
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

i have some information through a french fan who met a day along chris rea in 2000 he and his wife winned a game to spend a week end in london and have a meal with chris .......
i was green by jealousy when i knew that!
he tell me that chris has a brother adrian who is jazz drummer but he says he don't play with chris since 1986
the name of his brothers as say wikipedia dont look like mark and adrian
found nothing about these two name for instance on web i try again
have a good day
littlecouinie
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Come to think of it, a simple answer might just be: someone (at the TV studio) had confused the first name "Mike" with a "Mark" and wrote it down that way.
Therefore, we might be still dealing with the same person, the brother of Chris, Mike Rea, the drummer!

Best regards,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Chris wrote:Come to think of it, a simple answer might just be: someone (at the TV studio) had confused the first name "Mike" with a "Mark" and wrote it down that way.
Therefore, we might be still dealing with the same person, the brother of Chris, Mike Rea, the drummer!

Best regards,
Chris
hey, and what about Adrian? :lol:
The worst is gone....
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

"Pas encore vu les vidéos (attente nouveau PC) mais sans doute est ce pour une émission de T.V.. J'imagine assez car il a déjà fait 2 ou 3 horreurs de ce genre (dont une pour la fête de la musique en France) Instruments bidons, musiciens figurants, et play-back de débutant avec bande-son pourrie.... Le tout avec une tête de zombie gratifiée par Chris. On voit bien que c'est pour lui un grand moment de plaisir.....

Des que possible je vais jeter un oeil sur ces "obligations commerciales".
Cela étant, son frère Adrian, est effectivement batteur de Jazz, mais il ne jouait plus avec lui depuis 86. "

translation:
not seen the videos waiting for my new computer perhaps it's for a tv show
he has alredy done that 2 or 3 howfull things of this way (one for the music feast in france) falses instruments musicians just for the aspect beginning playback with nasty sound...the all thing with a zombie's head given by Chris.... one can see it's a great moment of peasure!

as soon as possible i go to see the commercials obligations his brother arian is really a jazz drummer he stopped played with him since 1986
by for now
littlecouinie
waouh pour chris rea
littlecouinie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by littlecouinie »

i forget to tell you it was a piece of my friend mail i received yesterday about the sad face of these videos
never mind i like these songs!
waouh pour chris rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I think Chris only has two brothers: Mike and Nick, as well as four sisters.
I mean seven children in one household was more than enough!
Sad faces at the "mini concert" in Warsaw, you mean?
I think Chris was ill at the time and just before (or immediately after) one of his hospital visits.
Sylvin Marc obviously pretends to play the up-right bass but it's a little hard to only mimic the drummer' job....
Take care,
Chris