The man The voice The guitar

Chris in Newcastle!!

ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Chris in Newcastle!!

Post by ianr2004 »

I get to see chris tomorrow night! Very excited! Just thought id say guys and gals lol.
Deltics
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Chris in Newcastle!!

Post by Deltics »

I will also be there tonight...... and 2nd row seats for Thursday. Bring it on........
ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

shame i couldnt get seats that close for the 4 of us that are going.Never mind, it'll definately be loud enough!

Hope you enjoy the show!!
ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

Well i have returned from newcastle after one sensational performance by chris!! HE really does get better with age!! I pulled into the car park behind city hall at about 3pm and he was out side having a cigarette, so i had to go over and shake his hand. So i did, wished him all the best for the gig, told him how well he looked, and im a big big fan. He looked at me with his piercing blue eyes and said 'cheers mate' and thas enough.

Evening begun with the delmonts with a few cracking opening instrumental tracks, and then onto the hofner blue notes. All in all a fantastic night! His vocals are just out of this world now! and he truely is the master of the slide guitar.

Keep rocking chris!
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi ianr2004,
I hope you don't mind me asking but what time did you stay outside the City Hall till? I was there till about a half hour before the concert started and I was wondering were you at the stage door at any time.? I agree with you about it been a fanastic concert my head is still buzzing.I will do another post sometime over the weekend as I was lucky to talk to Chris after the concert too tired now as I am only home.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

So happy for you Tina, I've been waiting for your review.

What did you say and got any pix?

Lily B.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily,
I will do a post as soon as I can at the minute I am still exausted.I think I am still wired cause I haven't been able to sleep much.3 o Clock this morning (Friday) I am still awake and listening to music :) :) crazy I am.Yes I have to say I got soom really good pictures but I didn't take them that honour goes to my daughter (Bless Her).When I go to see Chris I only have one thing on my mind and that is watching Chris on stage.I have a great one of myself with him but if you could see my face it says a 1000 words.I look shocked in it to say the least.That one will now join the rest of the treasures I have :) :).Take care Lily
Tina :) :) :)
ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

[quote="Tina3"]Hi ianr2004,
I hope you don't mind me asking but what time did you stay outside the City Hall till? I was there till about a half hour before the concert started and I was wondering were you at the stage door at any time.? I agree with you about it been a fanastic concert my head is still buzzing.I will do another post sometime over the weekend as I was lucky to talk to Chris after the concert too tired now as I am only home.
Tina :) :)[/quote]

Hi tina, i pulled into the city hall car park at about 3pm, and like i say he was outside with the crew having a cigarette, so i ran over to him and shook his hand etc. Was such an honour, he really is my music idol. Made my day!
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi ianr2004,
I got there about 4 but I think i remember you.Did you and another guy go for a drink before the concert?I know how you feel.I was talking to Chris after the concert and it was the BEST ever.He has been my idol for so many years now and there is no one like him.He is just amazing.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

lilybee wrote:What did you say and got any pix?

Hi Lily,
I don't really know where to start about last Tuesday night.We got to the City Hall a good two and half hours before the show started.We weren't sure where the place was so we allowed ourselves plenty of time.In fact the place was only 10 minutes away from where we stayed.I have to say I did enjoy those hours spent out side the stage door.Chris was inside and you could hear him practicing.You could hear him sing Where The Blues Come From as well as Looking For The summer and other tunes from The Delmonts.While we were there Josephine came out of the stage door to have a cigerette and we saw the arrival of some of the band members namely Mark Ditchem and Neil Drinkwater.John Knowles also arrived later on.Chris himself did not come out from back stage but into the concert we went.That started at 8 O Clock and I have to say it left me speechless.I have seen Chris play few times in the pass but I have never seen him this happy or so well looking.He played some of the BEST slide guitar I have ever heard.My daughter had her camera with her and one of Chris's crew came over to us as I thought to tell us off but he told us to turn of the flash and not let him see it again...During the concert Chris didn't speak much, nothing new there.I have come to the conclusion that Chris lets the guitar do that for him.He did make one comment about how some of his audiences namely southern ones were very stayed and he sang this song for them which was On The Beach.This didn't get them moving either so one of his crew came out from the back and signelled with his hands for the audience to get up on their feet which they duely obliged.Some moved a bit but not much except one man who danced his way through Road To Hell all by himself in front of the stage.Josephine was on stage just before the concert started and I heard from another fan that Joan was also in the audience. After the concert was over back to the stage door we went and waited with others to see if Chris would come out.We only waited about 15 minutes or so and out he came.He could not have been nicer if he tried.He was talking to us all and signing autographs.I complimanted him on a great show and told him I would see him next week in Dublin.He then turned and asked me would I be there and I said of course to which he replied "that they were having problems with the stage in Dublin".He went on to explain that the roof of the Stadium is too low for the stage that he has and that he didn't know what they were going to do with the guitars.He said they were trying to think of something. I said to him then that he was going back to the place that he 1st appeared in Dublin.I am not sure if the comment I had just said to him had brought back his memory of this or he was impressed that I remembered but he looked very pleased that I had said it.To this end I was going to go when my daughter asked me why would I not ask him to which Chris replied "ask me what".I said It was just for a photo with him and he said sure.I have that photo now and to say I am happy is an understatement :D :D.He also signed my programme and concert ticket which I will e mail to Bart soon I hope. We got many photos and some I have to say are quite good.Lily I will e mail you these over the next few days as soon as I am a little less busy.I think this was a much better concert that The farewell Tour not because that was bad it wasn't.Its just that Chris was so different this time round dancing and really enjoying himself.I can't wait till Dublin but it won't be as good as this.I don't have as good seats but that doesn't matter as long as I can hear Chris sing and dance.Till next time Lily take care
Tina :) :) :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks so much for your review Tina, you made MY day :D
(feeling a little better).

Can't wait for the pictures...

I just love the Blue Jukebox, and so does my husband, he's getting more into the blues now.

Very nice of you :D

Lily B.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Congratulations Tina! I'm glad you met Chris Rea and had a chance to talk to him. I'm really happy you've enjoyed the show in Newcastle and that you will be going to his gig in Dublin.
Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and feelings from this memorable meeting.
I regret I couldn't be there as well.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi chris and Lily,
Chris if you ever get the chance to meet Chris you won't regret it.He is a really nice guy very down to earth.Lily I have sent you on about 10 photos one at a time so as not to make the e mails too large.You can let me know what you think of them.I also have a magazine artical if you like I will scan it and send it on.No new information as such in it but its still Chris.I'm glad you like the Blue Jukebox it's a nice CD.I can't imagine anything much worse than loving a musican like Chris and not having easy access to his material so I am happy to share what I have which is not that much.Take care you 2
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks so much for the pictures Tina, they look great. :D

No wonder you'll still buzzing from the concert, pretty awesome to see and hear him play and dance so close!

He looks very healthy to me ( and handsome as always), not skinny like some people reported, but most important, his dancing attitude and enjoyment show this.

So glad you and your family got to enjoy such a wonderful experience. I hope there are no problems with the stage in Dublin and you will all enjoy that one too.

Tell your daughter thanks for the pix 8)

Your friend on the other side of the world, Lily.
ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

[quote="Tina3"]Hi ianr2004,
I got there about 4 but I think i remember you.Did you and another guy go for a drink before the concert?I know how you feel.I was talking to Chris after the concert and it was the BEST ever.He has been my idol for so many years now and there is no one like him.He is just amazing.
Tina :) :)[/quote]

Yeh, went to bar pacific for a drink with a mate. I was wearing a leather jacket?

Ive been a fan of chris's since i started learning guitar at the tender age of 11 lol. So Its been a long awaited dream to actually shake the guys hand!