The man The voice The guitar

Mark Knopfler tour anyone?

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Mark Knopfler tour anyone?

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris, I hope you are well.Thankyou so much for this information.These videos are good and I have watched 2 of my favourites now and I will watch the rest later
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Chris, I hope you are well.Thankyou so much for this information.These videos are good and I have watched 2 of my favourites now and I will watch the rest later
Hi Tina,

I'm fine, thank you, and I hope you are in good health as well.
I'm glad you liked Mark playing in Warsaw. He was great, as usually.
Mark has aged, but aren't we all aging every day? He has a sizable beer belly, though. It's clearly visible in these videos.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
I'm fine thanks for asking.I don't think anyone of us is getting any younger :)How old is Mark anyway? I take it he likes his beer then as you point out the size of his belly.Take care
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

chrismiller wrote:
By the by, actors Johnny Weissmuller, Tony Curtis, Leslie Howard, Peter Lorre, Drew Barrymore, Paul Newman, Adrian Brody and musicians Gene Simmons, Alanis Morissette and Paul Simon wear the same shoes, too.

Chris
Excellent list Chris Miller, I didn't know, :D

Chris wrote:
Mark has aged, but aren't we all aging every day? He has a sizable beer belly, though. It's clearly visible in these videos.
Take care,
Chris[/b]
Hi Chris (Poland), good to see you :D :D

Thanks for the concert info, it's great, beer belly and all!
That guitar sound is so familiar to me, I grew up with it, :D

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 30 May 2008, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Tina3 wrote: I take it Kev you didn't get to see him this time round.? Yes the lyrics from his songs are hard to beat.
Hi Tina,
We wanted to see him on this tour but I left it too late to get tickets.....
Regards,
Kev
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

You've all inspired me to see him when he comes to Vancouver !
And yes we are all getting older ! I was watching a VERY OLD video of CR last night (he would have been about 28) and i had a look at a photo of myself from the same period and WOW have we aged !
But still going strong !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

hi all,

The gig at the Albert Hall last night was awesome! About 2 hours 15 minutes and the audience? well Mark couldn't have asked for more, there were standing ovations at the end of quite a few songs which I have very rarely seen before & I've been to a few concerts over the years. There was a surprise guest as well, Mr Joe Brown he's a bit before my time but I hear he was big in the 60's :D Mark said he was listening to Joe when he was young and that his first experience of live music at the age of 15 was at a Joe Brown gig. His rendition of Brothers In Arms, a true classic, at this gig wasn't as good as it has been on previous tours but still good to hear.

Questions have been asked on the Mark Knopfler forum as to whether this will be Mark's last tour as he performed music from every album he has put out and quite a few Dire Straits ones as well. I hope this isn't the case.
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey,
Tina3 wrote:How old is Mark anyway?
MK is two years older than CR so by the way shares the age 59 with The Boss.

My brother's been a huge MK fan for a long time and he really appreciates him but only lately he told me 'Mark got very old' in the last few years. He thinks - and so do I - Mark looks a lot older than Springsteen or Rea though they're around the same age.

Of course we agree he's a great musician, anyway, but that Mark (Hughes) wrote about farewelling could easily be true, unfortunately.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.