The man The voice The guitar

Help with different Road to Hell versions

veegee77
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Help with different Road to Hell versions

Post by veegee77 »

Hi! New to fourum. From U.S.

Amazon has a listing for Road to Hell & Back (Import) for $44.99. Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Road-Hell-Back-Ch ... 36&sr=1-18

Some of the songs are listed twice.

They also have a link for Road to Hell & Back Deluxe Edition for $29.00.

Does anyone have a better explanation of the differences between the two and why the "Deluxe" would cost less than the regular edition?

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: Help with different Road to Hell versions

Post by imagemkr »

Hi and welcome to the board!

The $44 one says they are all on one CD. I have only seen the edition with 2 CDs - 10 on one, 8 on the other. Listed in Amazon as the 'Deluxe". Interestingly, if you click on that link, the $28.xx one says "new", and the prices go up to over $70.00 and those say "used"!!

The song list is the same so I don't think there is much difference. They are both 'imported'. Go look on eBay or eBay UK, you should be able to find it much cheaper.

Cheers, Thom
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi and like what Thom said welcome! This is the BEST Chris Rea site on the net.
Veegee if you are thinking of buying this C.D it would be worth considering getting the DVD that is available. If there is one thing better than hearing Chris live it's seeing him too.I think I think I am correct in saying that the DVD is region free at least the one I have is and I bought it in Dublin. As a matter of interest how long have you been a fan of Chris?
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hi Veegee, I stand in the row welcoming you!

Don't let yourself being ripped off by Amazon; if you buy the CD directly from Amazon for the indicated $44 price you'll get one-day, super money-save, ultra oh-my-god service and Carmen Electra herself will bring it to your home wearing nothing but fancy panties :D (if you're a girl, sorry then, imagine the same with, err, Matthew McConaughey)
But if a single envelope and standard delivery cost can do it for you, order from the marketplace. Just click xy used & new and choose one for half a price.

Yours,
Chris (long-time Amazon customer)

P.S. I agree with Tina about the DVD. I own the single CD and the DVD and that's a perfect combination.
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

chrismiller wrote:Carmen Electra herself will bring it to your home wearing nothing but fancy panties :D (if you're a girl, sorry then, imagine the same with, err, Matthew McConaughey)
:lol: :lol: I never got service even this good when I used their one day delivery. Chris your hilarious :lol: :lol:
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Here's the DVD on eBay. No CD currently listed on US or UK site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-REA-ROAD-TO-H ... dZViewItem

Thom
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I love the DVD!!!, like Tina said, is so much better to watch Chris play than just listening to him.... 8)

We watch ours on a 52" tv home theatre, (with surround, loud!), the closest thing for us to being there... :lol:

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

lilybee wrote:We watch ours on a 52" tv home theatre, (with surround, loud!), the closest thing for us to being there... :lol:
Ok Ok Lily why not rub it in!!! :D Why would you want to see Chris Live when he is live enough in your sitting room? To watch Chris playing guitar on that size T.V would have to be amazing. You would be able to see every move Chris makes.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Tina! :D

Sorry, I'm not rubbing it in, I swear, but it's all I got,
compare to all of you that have actually seen him play live!! :lol: :lol:

Wanna see a pix of Dana playing bass to Chris' TRTHAB?

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily, :)
I know your not but it has to be fanastic seeing Chris that big. I mean he won't be that big when you go see him live.
lilybee wrote:Wanna see a pix of Dana playing bass to Chris' TRTHAB?

Yes I would love to please and thankyou.You are very lucky you have such a lovely partner Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks Tina! :D

I'll email it to you, I don't want us to get in trouble for getting of the topic in here, :lol: :lol:

Lily
veegee77
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by veegee77 »

Thank-you everyone for your feedback. Sorry it took so long to post this. I was making a life-changing career decision which will take me out of Omaha, NE (where I've lived all of my life) and into Limon, CO (Just outside of Denver/Colorado Springs).

Thanks Thom, I have purchased the DVD that was referenced and am looking forward to it.

I discovered Mr. Rea's music when I heard "The Road to Hell" on the radio back in 1991(?) Got that album, New Light, Auberge, Espresso Logic but have had difficulty getting others.

I plan on rectifying that situation.

However, it is confusing because I would like the BEST version of each album (hence my original question/post). I see there are re-issues being released now too.

Chrismiller, I'm a guy so Carmen Electra is okay (I guess). How do I get to the "marketplace" to buy other recordings?

Looking forward to chatting with you all more!
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey Veegee,

Let me be the first here wishing you good luck for your new life!

About marketplace items, it's very easy. Only search for the product as usual so amazon.com lists you the results. E.g. searching Chris Rea the first result is Road to Hell CD and you can see a link '51 Used & new from $6.94'. When you click on it you get to the marketplace instantly with the list of individual sellers offering used and new copies of the product. Under the 'Seller Information' you can also find a link that shows you shipping rates. When you choose the desirable copy only click 'Add to cart'.

Shopping from the marketplace is only a few dollars cheaper sometimes; but it's always worth to explore since you can get a brand new Blue Guitars album for $78.83 while its original Amazon price is $125.99!

Hope it was helpful and understandable, otherwise feel free to ask.
Yours,

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Chris, :D

Did you ever buy your copy of TROTFHBN?

Lily
veegee77
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by veegee77 »

Thanks Chris!

I did buy The Road to Hell & Back DVD. Haven't gotten the album yet. Need to get a couple CDs for the drive to Colorado next month.