who suits best to Chris?

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Jutta
Translator
Translator

who suits best to Chris?

Post by Jutta »

Hey there!
Just a question. If you would be able to arrange a concert with Chris Rea and a couple of further more artists. Which artists would you choose?

And would you like to see him playing with another artist for a duet or something like that?
To be honest I myself have no idea. :)

love
Jutta
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: who suits best to Chris?

Post by lilybee »

Hi Jutta, :D

Definitely a concert with BB KING, at least once in a lifetime, :D

Aside from the obvious Mark Knopler, Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh....etc

Gov't Mule would be pretty awesome.... 8)

Just no more duets with Elton John please!!!

(sorry to Elton's lovers out there.... :oops: )

I would love for Chris to meet Chuck Leavell.... 8)

Chris hasn't done any Southern Rock Blues yet, and he would have to come to Georgia, and we would get to meet him!!!

Sorry, I'm awake now.... :shock:

We know Chuck, our favorite piano man and the nicest guy ever.... :D

http://www.chuckleavell.com/

Lily
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

[/quote]
lilybee wrote: Just no more duets with Elton John please!!!

Hi Lily,
I knew that someone would write this. It is funny that Chris himself express in this song that they acutally have nothing in common. :)

Thanks for the link, quite good.

Bye Jutta
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Hey there!
Just a question. If you would be able to arrange a concert with Chris Rea and a couple of further more artists. Which artists would you choose?

And would you like to see him playing with another artist for a duet or something like that?
To be honest I myself have no idea. :)

love
Jutta
Hi Jutta, long time no see!
How about the Vargas Blues Band, J.J. Cale or Tony Joe White? For instance a duo with the last one in: "Rainy Night in Georgia"....
I think they would go with one another just fine.
Best regards,
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Hi Chris,

J.J. Cale ist super of course. I never heard about Tony Joe White. You can see him singing this song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FawWkQah ... re=related
He is american?

Would be interesting to know how he or other bluesmen thinks about Chris Reas music. Chris is often telling his opinion about other artists.

Best regards to you too!
Jutta
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Hi Chris,

J.J. Cale ist super of course. I never heard about Tony Joe White. You can see him singing this song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FawWkQah ... re=related
He is american?

Would be interesting to know how he or other bluesmen thinks about Chris Reas music. Chris is often telling his opinion about other artists.

Best regards to you too!
Jutta
------------
Hi Jutta,

Tony Joe White is an American and he used to be well known in Germany. I've seen him on German TV in the 80s, on "Ohne Filter". I think it was the WDR music programe? (Ohne Filter - Musik Pur; the unparalleled TV music programe, whose name literally translated means "Without Filter - Sheer, Unadulterated Music".)
He plays the so-called "swamp music", from the Mississippi delta. It's blues all right, except it's somehow different from Chris'.
Joe Walsh would be excellent as a partner for Chris since he himself named him as one of his masters.
B.B. King could be another one and J.J. Cale as well. This last one, he's 70 and he's a true legend. But he's been living in seclusion, either in California or Oklahoma and has his was of life. So, I don't think he would right a way agree to play with Chris. But who knows what would come out of it, should someone approach him.
Nice to be talking to you.
Best regards,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 23 Jul 2008, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

lilybee wrote:Aside from the obvious Mark Knopler, Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh....etc
Hello Lilly;

Seeing Chris together with Joe Walsh would be a dream (fan of Joe as wel!), but I think they are such conflicting characters, that I doubt they would fit on one stage together :D :D
Chris wrote:How about the Vargas Blues Band, J.J. Cale or Tony Joe White?
Hello Chris,

That would indeed be a great combination (Vargas band ... again)!!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Maybe stupid question: Is this Joe Walsh from the Eagles?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Jutta wrote:If you would be able to arrange a concert with Chris Rea and a couple of further more artists. Which artists would you choose?
Jutta How are you?? been a while hope you are keeping well? :)

I would go same much the same as everyone here.I would love a concert especially with Vargas Blues Band and maybe Robert Cray too.What about Buddy Guy, Bonny Rett or Irish man Gary Moore.In fact that would make for a whole lot concerts..the more the better if you ask me :) :)
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Maybe stupid question: Is this Joe Walsh from the Eagles?

---------------

Hi Jutta,
Oh now, we don't ask stupid question, we only have doubts from time to time, so don't feel bad about asking.
Yes, Joe Walsh, that's the same one. Only he has his individual carrier aside from being a leading member of the legendary band, the Eagles.
I'm of the opinion he plays better solo, whereas as a member of the Eagles, he - sort of - "drowns" or blends-in in it.
Best regards,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

What about Chris REa and Van Morrison doing an irish blues album or two !!
Buddy Guy /John Lee Hooker /Joni Mitchell / What about Neil Young (now there's a pair of voices /Tom Waitts (i'd pay to hear that as well) or another big fan of Chris REa Randy Bachman
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

It's interesting if Chris knows of Tony Joe White. The song called "Beach Life" from "Album 95"... you can sing Road to Hell to it!
By the way, the music is (as stated on the Yandex web site) is completely legal:
http://music.yandex.ru/#!/track/803123/album/89647
I remember myself going to a record shop some twelve years ago, and the man said to me: we haven't got any new Chris Rea albums, but you can buy an album by Tony Joe White, almost no difference! Well, there was a difference for me, so I didn't buy it :lol:
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Elangelo,maybe you schould write a novel?

Liked the april's Fool joke even better!! :lol: