Mudcrutch

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Mudcrutch

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

There is a new/old band which in April of this year re-recorded some of their old songs from the 60s. They are called the "Mudcrutch" with Tom Petty, Tom Leaden, Randall Marsh, Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench. Their music reminds me of "an early" Tom Petty and it sure brings back a lot of memories. Just listen to their leading song, "Scare Easy." What's interesting: Tom Petty plays on it the base guitar.
I think the whole CD is great.
Enjoy!
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 21 Jul 2008, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: Mudcrutch

Post by alan1958 »

I've been hearing great things about this album , so thanks Chris for reminding me to buy it 8)
Will spend the rest of the day listening to Tom Petty now .......fave album ????..... got to be "[EDIT: Please don't use this word] The Torpedoes " :D :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Yeah! I know that we all have been "working on somethin' BIG!" (at least, every once in a while.)
I've pulled out the whole stock of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' albums of my....and I'm surprised how many of them I've acquired over the years...One of the most interesting of them, that I have dusted off and played again, is the live album recorded during the TP & THB's tour with Bob Dylan titled "Precious Memories" (Living Legend Records, 1991.) Great music! Some of Bob's tunes and Tom's nicely mixed together....
By the way, to most of the new tunes (from the "Mudcrutch" CD) you can listen to and watch live videos from a recent tour, on Youtube....
Best regards to you,
Chris
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Chris wrote:Yeah! I know that we all have been "working on somethin' BIG!" (at least, every once in a while.)
I've pulled out the whole stock of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' albums of my....and I'm surprised how many of them I've acquired over the years...One of the most interesting of them, that I have dusted off and played again, is the live album recorded during the TP & THB's tour with Bob Dylan titled "Precious Memories" (Living Legend Records, 1991.) Great music! Some of Bob's tunes and Tom's nicely mixed together....
By the way, to most of the new tunes (from the "Mudcrutch" CD) you can listen to and watch live videos from a recent tour, on Youtube....
Best regards to you,
Chris
Chris , I used to have that tour("Precious Memories") on video ,but i've somehow managed to lose it :( :( :( ....awesome to see them on stage together.....still got the tour programme sitting on my desk at work ....after 17 years it's still there .... :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Alan,
I'm glad we are sharing similar memories.
Actually, it's a shame some of these great and memorable (for some) concerts have never been captured on tape, never mind current DVD format. Besides, in those days I wasn't that much concerned with having these performances for myself to keep. It was sufficient for me to be there, to take this great wave, rock myself with the music, listen to the lyrics and just feel the atmosphere of a place. I would go to bed and have a hard time falling asleep afterwards. These concerts stayed with me for a few days, making rounds in my head and heart; I could feel them playing in my chest. That's how it used to be. It was as if I was living in a different time.
I don't know whether you've seen on stage the Animals, the Ventures, the Shadows, the Byrds. Well, I still have their double live "Untitled" LP.....I guess, seldom one can see such concerts nowadays.
Take care,
Chris
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Chris ,the Dylan/Petty concert vhs video tape was released as "HANDLE WITH CARE" ,and can still be bought on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Handle-Tom ... 874&sr=1-2

better still , it has been released on dvd in Korea and here it is on ebay ;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOB-DYLAN-Heartbr ... .m63.l1177
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

alan1958 wrote:Chris ,the Dylan/Petty concert vhs video tape was released as "HANDLE WITH CARE" ,and can still be bought on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Handle-Tom ... 874&sr=1-2

better still , it has been released on dvd in Korea and here it is on ebay ;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOB-DYLAN-Heartbr ... .m63.l1177

Thank you Alan very much!
Chris
eddierose0608
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by eddierose0608 »

Sorry to revive an old thread just wanted to say I enjoyed this album a lot especially the song 6 days on the road.