The man The voice The guitar

Chris's Lotus Cortina

Stop the presses
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Chris's Lotus Cortina

Post by Jim M »

Lily you've done it again ! Where do you get these ?
He sure looks like he's having fun -mind you who wouldn't !
Thanks
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Jim,

Awesome footage, isn't it???

He's specially happy on the second clip, driving the Caterham Super Seven, and fast too!

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

This whole talk about speed got me thinking....we all like it, so....

How fast do you drive?

What's the fastest you have ever gone?

Anybody here has driven or taken a ride in a race car?

I guess I'll start it....

On the interstate I do 80-85 MPH, on average.

The fastest I have gone is 109 MPH about seven years ago. Coming out of Atlanta I got caught in a "speeding" pack and didn't realize it until I looked at my odometer! I let go off the gas and changed lanes faster than immediately...never again! It was smooth though, I was driving a new Dodge Intrepid back then... :D

For a decent amount you can buy a NASCAR ride at several race track venues, specially Daytona.
I'm sure they do the same for Indi tracks.

Yup, I love speed. But I don't speed anymore, I drive with my niece all the time now, and don't like to see her face stuck to the passenger window! Beside, she's getting her license soon, so I have to set a good example... oh the restrain...

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

LIly
I no longer have a sports car so much tamer now but i've owned seversl old Porsches 911's and i think the fastest i've driven them would be 150- MPH and I had a friends Ferrari Boxster once up to 140 MPH.
AS far as race cars I was able once to take a "low speed "1/4 mile pass in Doc Hoovers (an old drag racer) AA fuel dragster at 170 MPH . Would love to drive an F1 car but can't find anyone to loan me one !
Jim
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Wow Jim, That's Impressive!!... :shock:

(here I thought I was being all cool with my little speed escapade....!... :lol: ..)

I too would love to try an F1 ride some day...

Lily
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

So far I haven't been caught speeding and I plan on keeping it that way..... In this country there are speed cameras everywhere, not to reduce accidents but to generate money. The government get enough of my money as it is! I sold my little sports car last year and bought a 1962 saloon instead :-( Must be getting old and sensible!

I have been driven around a couple ok uk circuits (Donnington and Castle Combe) in some quite fast cars but I would love an F1 ride too :-) When the arrows team were in F1 they used to sell rides in their two seater for £5k, if my numbers come up then I would definitely try and get a ride in one. You have to go for a medical exam before they will let you ride in one, it's serious stuff. There used to be ford van that was a plastic body built on an F1 chassis and running gear but haven't seen anything about it for ages.

Have a good weekend,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Great post Lily , and I don't think many people will match Jim in the driving stakes :) .......I do like going fast , but as Kev said , the U.K is awful for speed cameras :( ....probably why recently I had 9 points on my licence ( when you get to 12 , they take the licence from you & ban you from driving ....so now I am VERY , VERY careful ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim ,I have never driven a Porsche , only been a passenger in my pals cars ........maybe one day :D :D
I sometimes go to a racing circuit near where we live and drive the baby version of a "real" racing car ....not sure what the top speed is , but with the wind in your face & being so low and almost on the ground with the tyres almost above you , the adrenalin rush is awesome .........

http://www.knockhill.com/vouchers/3rd-g ... rience.php

I sometimes get to drive my wife's car - http://www.2fastlane.com/wallpapers/toy ... 2005_1.jpg

it looks tame , but can really shift ;I have considered taking it to the racing circuit on the open days , where you can drive your own car ............but maybe I will stick to the car's they have ..........just in case :shock: :shock: :shock:
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hey Alan,

Which one's your wife's, the Toyota ZENT ??... :lol:

Nice ride, I don't see tame anywhere!!

Lily
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

lilybee wrote:Hey Alan,

Which one's your wife's, the Toyota ZENT ??... :lol:

Nice ride, I don't see tame anywhere!!

Lily
Haha Lily ,...........the silver one at the front .great car !!!!!!!! - but as I have a recurring low-back problem ,getting in & out is a real PAIN :( :( :(
But once you are in it ....it's like a rocket :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MartynF
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by MartynF »

I spotted Chris yesterday at the donington park race track.. Here he is with his lotus elan...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martynford ... 8/sizes/o/
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Thanks for the photo Martyn !
Was this taken yesterday ?
If so C.R.'s certainly looking healthy !
Jim
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Yeah, thats great! But maybe he has a cold. Everyone else has a shirt on ... :D
You was there Martyn? What have you done there - besides spotted Chris?
MartynF
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by MartynF »

Yes it was taken yesterday. He was racing at the first of this years historic sports car club events...

You'll find him listed somewhere in the days results here...

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Result ... -04-09.pdf

Great little cars them lotus elans...
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

MartynF wrote:I spotted Chris yesterday at the donington park race track.. Here he is with his lotus elan...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martynford ... 8/sizes/o/
Thanks for posting Martyn, it' good to see that he is looking well and out enjoying himself.

Cheers,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Martyn, that is a great picture! It has been a while since we heard from Chris and it is nice to finally see something from him. He looks very good and happy about the race!

Gabriëlle