The man The voice The guitar

I'm going to meet Chris !!!

Stop the presses
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

I'm going to meet Chris !!!

Post by Bart »

What can I ad to this topic title... Chris will visit Amsterdam on october 31th to sign the new album and display some paintings. Only 200 people will be invited, and I am on the list ...

This is truly a dream come true !!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: I'm going to meet Chris !!!

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:What can I ad to this topic title... Chris will visit Amsterdam on october 31th to sign the new album and display some paintings. Only 200 people will be invited, and I am on the list ...

This is truly a dream come true !!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You lucky bastard :) send hi from Finland to Chris :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

!!!!

Post by Zgred »

WHAT THE ......... ???????!!!!! You serious?! Hey, that's unfair. Why it's not 200 fans from the forum?? ;) Tell the man about us! Wonder if he would be willing to read us personally... at least once........

Impressions after event and maybe photos, you know, WOULD BE NICE !!!!!! ;)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: !!!!

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:WHAT THE ......... ???????!!!!! You serious?! Hey, that's unfair. Why it's not 200 fans from the forum?? ;) Tell the man about us! Wonder if he would be willing to read us personally... at least once........
Yes I am serious !! :wink: :wink: I sure will tell him about you all ! I expect he won't even know from the existence of the site :cry: :cry:
So I'll tell him about the site and about the forum !
Zgred wrote: Impressions after event and maybe photos, you know, WOULD BE NICE !!!!!! ;)
I am thinking of taking a video AND a photo camera with me !! I hope it is allowed ...
EdgarK
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by EdgarK »

You're not alone. I'm listed as well. :lol: :lol:
Hopefully we can make some nice pictures there.

I'm nervous already!! 8)

Post by Guest »

Hey when you meet with Chris be sure to ask him why this is the last album and beg (plead if you have to) for more music from him. As a Canadian fan who has never had the opportunity to see Chris live, a live DVD and/or CD box set would be a real treat. I'm sure there are plenty of live recordings that he could release.

Rider
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

bjongen wrote:I expect he won't even know from the existence of the site :cry: :cry:
I disagree, he may not exactly does not know at all I think, there is a link to chrisrea.nl on the JB site, and this is 1 among 3, and the whole JB label belongs to Chris so I don't suppose folks have put the link just without asking site owner :roll:

The Man maybe doesn't expect that amount of Rea Maniacs at one place :mrgreen:
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:
bjongen wrote:I expect he won't even know from the existence of the site :cry: :cry:
I disagree, he may not exactly does not know at all I think, there is a link to chrisrea.nl on the JB site, and this is 1 among 3, and the whole JB label belongs to Chris so I don't suppose folks have put the link just without asking site owner :roll:

The Man maybe doesn't expect that amount of Rea Maniacs at one place :mrgreen:
The link on the official site has cost me lost and lots of energy... I must have send more then 100 mails to the webmaster of that site (that's just a web design company, not affiliated to Jazzeeblue). He promised me many times that he would discus it with the management. Finally after months (really!) I was asked to put the registration form on my site (the pop-up on the left) As return they were willing to put a link on the site. So I still don't think they discussed it with Chris himself, only perhaps with his management... And even if they did ask it, I don’t believe he has paid any attention to the site afterwards... Let's hope I can meet with his manager when they visit Amsterdam, and ask about things ...
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

bjongen wrote:The link on the official site has cost me lost and lots of energy... I must have send more then 100 mails to the webmaster of that site (that's just a web design company, not affiliated to Jazzeeblue). He promised me many times that he would discus it with the management. Finally after months (really!) I was asked to put the registration form on my site (the pop-up on the left) As return they were willing to put a link on the site. So I still don't think they discussed it with Chris himself, only perhaps with his management... And even if they did ask it, I don’t believe he has paid any attention to the site afterwards... Let's hope I can meet with his manager when they visit Amsterdam, and ask about things ...
Okay, I see it now. It's rather obvious that Chris himself didn't visit your site, after all he is the old school man and if he didn't like the internet itself I wouldn't be surprised. But if those folks from web design didn't tell him about serious fan-site building up......they are just sob.s :roll:

Hey - but what about his daughters? One word from them could do more than official ways! Who knows? :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

I'm back....

Post by Bart »

Hello everyone ... I am back home !! It was wonderfull!! I ma not goint to say much about it. I have gor GREAT news, that I going to post on the main page in a few minutes ... I am very tired, but perhaps I will be on the chat later (chris will be on two TV stations in a few minutes, so i am going to watch that first...

what I can say; my photo camera broke down after the first photo (still outside waiting...) so no photos :( and my mother didn't operate the video camera properly (she turned it on when it should be turned on, and vice versa, so all we can see is feet and the ground ...).. So almost no video ... I just have my memories, and the signed album, and posters, and... and ... tell you all about it later tonight in the chat or in the next few days when I write a review about it ...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: I'm back....

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:Hello everyone ... I am back home !! It was wonderfull!! I ma not goint to say much about it. I have gor GREAT news, that I going to post on the main page in a few minutes ... tell you all about it later tonight in the chat or in the next few days when I write a review about it ...
I can´t wait to hear the whole story about it :)
Sad thing with the camera & video, but maybe it was some kind of a message from the above, I mean wasn´t Chris a little bit shy about press & fans? :) The Man didn´t want you to take those pictures & video :D
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Mr_Blues wrote:Sad thing with the camera & video, but maybe it was some kind of a message from the above, I mean wasn´t Chris a little bit shy about press & fans? :) The Man didn´t want you to take those pictures & video :D
You know, risky theories you have just introduced :D someone above broking the camera?? He better take the cancer (whatever) out of Chris instead of breaking equpiment! :wink: Especially when we are talking about probably last tour of a man that some of us (including me) haven't seen live yet???? If it was a sign from above, to hell with such a god :mrgreen: I'll bring 3 spare cameras with me!!!! :D
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zgred wrote: You know, risky theories you have just introduced :D someone above broking the camera?? He better take the cancer (whatever) out of Chris instead of breaking equpiment! :wink: Especially when we are talking about probably last tour of a man that some of us (including me) haven't seen live yet???? If it was a sign from above, to hell with such a god :mrgreen: I'll bring 3 spare cameras with me!!!! :D
Risky or not, that´s what I said and that´s might be true :)
We should all take extra cameras with us on gig next year :)
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

I'm tempted to scream out loud that 'Life's not fair!!"
but you deserve it a lot more than most of us. You've really put in a lot of effort and time into this website and made it possible for fans to actually talk about the MAN!
Congratulations and I'm sure it was incredible.
However it doesn't stop me from being incredibly jealous!!!!!
I can't say that i have any plausible dreams of meeting him.. i'm just not that lucky. But I am going to try my best to go see him live.
His last concert is a day before my bday. I'll be hitting a quater of a century.. so it's a big day for me. And if i can do it with his music ringing in my ears I can die happy..
so Cheers Bart! I'd like to believe that you represented all of us..
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Stainsby Girl wrote:I'm tempted to scream out loud that 'Life's not fair!!" but you deserve it a lot more than most of us.
I can't say that i have any plausible dreams of meeting him.. i'm just not that lucky. But I am going to try my best to go see him live.
His last concert is a day before my bday. I'll be hitting a quater of a century.. so it's a big day for me. And if i can do it with his music ringing in my ears I can die happy..
Mysterious are the ways of Chris Rea music. I didn´t even know that people in India listen´s Chris, cool :) Hope you can enjoy your quarter of a century with Chris Rea music :) And who knows, maybe you will meet Chris someday, we all might have chance like that :)