The man The voice The guitar

New to this site

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
damian
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

New to this site

Post by damian »

Hi, I'm Damian, (Australia)

I have been a HUGE Chris Rea fan, for many many years.
Every Album, is pure listening pleasure........Chris - absolute genius, with a voice that amazing.
chilling, haunting, mystical, magical......So many words could describe his voice and his music.
His music paints a beautiful picture....A picture you live with him, through very track.

As a Commerical Radio Announcer, its always a pleasure to play his music over the Air-Waves of Australia.
( Although the radio industry is frustrating - programming past hit lists and top 40 - its disappointing that Chris doesnt get more recognition and air play, with/for his amazing talents, voice and music )

Its always a pleasure to introduce people to Chris Rea, and even more amazing that people havent heard of this genius. I've known many people,over the years that have become addicted to the sound of his man.....

The music, the lyrics, the voice.....simply perfect.
Always looking forward to another Chris Rea music venture and another unique album, filled with the sound.....we have all grown to love

Cheers
Damian
:D
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: New to this site

Post by Jim M »

Damian
Welcome aboard and keep spreading the word !
You'll get no arguments to your comments here !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Hi Damian

Welcome to this great site. I too find that Chris' music does not get much air play in New Zealand. While at work I listen to a station that plays music from the 70's, 80's, 90's but I never heard them play a Chris Rea song. So I sent the station an email suggesting they add him to their play list. Well they listened and now and again we get to enjoy some of Chris' music on the airwaves. :D
I also agree with you how little recognition this fantastic music man gets, but it may be the way he prefers it.
Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
damian
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by damian »

Hi Vivienne,

Thanks for your reply - great to hear from you
Great to hear your sending emails to the radio stations......more people should.
To many radio stations are stereotyped (pardon the pun) and locked into the same old music schedules and music catergories...........classic hits, top 40, hits and memories - boring !!!!!!
Its so refreshing to go home and listen to music, such as chris rea, music that will never age, its as good as the day, you 1st heard it.

In my 20 years in commerical radio - i have met some famous musicans, chris is the one man....i just have to meet, one day - i would be speechless, lost for words.

cheers
damian

vivienne wrote:Hi Damian
Welcome to this great site. I too find that Chris' music does not get much air play in New Zealand. While at work I listen to a station that plays music from the 70's, 80's, 90's but I never heard them play a Chris Rea song. So I sent the station an email suggesting they add him to their play list. Well they listened and now and again we get to enjoy some of Chris' music on the airwaves. :D
I also agree with you how little recognition this fantastic music man gets, but it may be the way he prefers it.
Vivienne
damian
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by damian »

G'day jim
thanks for the welcome
nice to be amongst friends, that are chris rea fans
Finally, I've found a site that we all share one thing in common

cheers

Jim M wrote:Damian
Welcome aboard and keep spreading the word !
You'll get no arguments to your comments here !
Jim
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

Welcome Damian, i hope you visit often!!
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Hi Damian , welcome the the forum , and remember, the more posts, the better :D :D :D
Alan