The man The voice The guitar

Gato Barbieri

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Andrey
Translator
Translator

Gato Barbieri

Post by Andrey »

I've just got gооse bumps when I heard his "Mystica" and "Blue gala" resentrly. First I thought that it was a young, and daring guy, but in real, when I found information about him at the Internet, that "guy" was 62 years old (in 1997 when he released that CD) Now he is 73 and playing well in his cool style. Very funnily that I've came to the author of famous "Europa"(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si911ErIFh4) from another his song. I'm so surprised and impressed! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYzCdk6UPXw
Any opinion ?
Last edited by Andrey on 26 Jan 2008, 22:31, edited 3 times in total.
Chris is right ! Now the world is on the road to hell...
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Gato Barbieri

Post by lilybee »

Hello Andrey,

I've heard Gato Barbieri, he was pretty popular (jazz) in the seventies, along with Chick Corea, Chuck Magnione and George Benson. (Other contemporary jazz favorites in my long list are Andy Snitzer, Chielli Minuchi, Chuck Loeb, Craig Chaquico and Dan Siegel

I always thought Europa was a Santana original...go figure.

Getting back to the Blues, Joe Bonamassa's "So many roads" is pretty awesome...

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Want to listen to some good music? Well, try some Italian singers, such as: Paolo Conte, his brother Gorgio Conte, Lucio Dalla, Francesco De Gregori, Fabricio De Andre, Roberto Vecchioni, Francesco Guccini, Gianna Nannini, Ninio D'Angelo, Edoardo Benatto. Most probably you won't understand their lyrics, but who cares.
Enjoy,
Chris
Andrey
Translator
Translator

Post by Andrey »

Thanks. I don't know why, but I came to love smooth jazz recently... I listen it each day... In addition to my favorite "Josephine" of 1988 :roll:
Chris is right ! Now the world is on the road to hell...