The man The voice The guitar

introduction

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
JOHN O'NEILL
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

introduction

Post by JOHN O'NEILL »

have been a big fan for approx 20 years, went on tues at newcastle to see the show, front row seats right in front of the man himself; played agreat set and was well received by the fans, saw him afterwards, got latest album autographed as well, wahat a great night..
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: introduction

Post by Tina3 »

Hi John,
You know we really should have some way of knowing the fans from this site.I was sitting about 3 rows behind you a little to the left but Chris was just fantastic he was in great form all night.Really looking forward to Dublin next week.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

JOHN O'NEILL wrote:..... saw him afterwards, got latest album autographed as well, wahat a great night..
You lucky guy!!!
Did you have to wait a long time afterwards before you met CR?? or was it just by accident ?
After the gig in Amsterdam i waited,hoping to see him too...pitty.... :(
JOHN O'NEILL
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by JOHN O'NEILL »

Tina3 wrote:Hi John,
You know we really should have some way of knowing the fans from this site.I was sitting about 3 rows behind you a little to the left but Chris was just fantastic he was in great form all night.Really looking forward to Dublin next week.
what did you think of the set he played, and the new line up?
JOHN O'NEILL
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by JOHN O'NEILL »

gjvg wrote:
JOHN O'NEILL wrote:..... saw him afterwards, got latest album autographed as well, wahat a great night..
You lucky guy!!!
Did you have to wait a long time afterwards before you met CR?? or was it just by accident ?
After the gig in Amsterdam i waited,hoping to see him too...pitty.... :(
did not have to wait to long 20 minutes or so, he was great as usual has a word with everyone and signs autographs no problem he sames to play bettter and better
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

JOHN O'NEILL wrote:what did you think of the set he played, and the new line up?
Hi John,
I loved the set he played.I would have liked more of The Delmonts but to do that something else would have had to be left out.There was not one song I could say that I would have left out either.B.B Was A Comanche and Stony Road was some of the BEST slide guitar that I have seen Chris play.Looking For The Summer was excellent too.With regard to the band when I 1st heard that Sylvin Marc was gone I was disappointed as I liked him and I think him and Chris suited each other.I sometimes felt that it was Sylvin who got Chris to relax more on stage.John have you ever been to a Chris Rea concert when Chris stood on the stage and didn't say a word or dance in the whole time he was there? I think Sylvin might have been the one who helped get Chris out of himself although I expect other fans opinions to differ to this .I know this concert he didn't talk much but be did some good dancing. Colin Hodgkison was good on bass so was Neil on keyboards.I had expected Robert to play more solos than he did.If he did play more than I remember then I missed them but that would not be unusal for me.It's Chris I pay attention to and all others come 2nd.I can't wait to see him again this Wednesday in Dublin.It won't come quick enough :D :DHope to talk to you again soon
JOHN O'NEILL
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by JOHN O'NEILL »

hi have seen him 4 times now, i agree with you when sylvan was with the band, it encouraged chris to come out of his shell, how did the dublin gig go? i bet there were more people on there feet dancing and soaking up the atmosphere.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi John,
Nice to hear from you.The Dublin gig was so so.Chris was his usual fanastic self and so was the band but the audience were on the quite side to say the least.A few got up for Let's Dance and Chris agknowledge them but in general I think I prefer the concert in Newcastle.I don't like Dublin concerts much.Security staff in paticular take their job way too serious for my liking.But I go to see Chris and not either the audience or the security staff so enough said I think.Hope to talk again soon