The man The voice The guitar

Blues and politics

Stop the presses
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Blues and politics

Post by poolie »

Was it Bart who said don't mix the two ??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Party.html

Poolie
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Blues and politics

Post by lilybee »

Well, Chris did display big pictures of Bush and Blair during Shadow of a Fool....

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 03 Sep 2008, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,

Many thanks Poolie... it's quite interesting, he he.
Trying to keep myself far from politics (as our One Golden Rule says) but anyway it's good to know what's good to know. :lol:

Back to the link; what's with CR's face on that picture?? His left cheek looks like the one of a skull..

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

chrismiller wrote:Back to the link; what's with CR's face on that picture?? His left cheek looks like the one of a skull..Chris
Hi Chris,

Looks like he's doing that thing he does with his tongue.... ! :lol:

Lily
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

lilybee wrote:
chrismiller wrote:Back to the link; what's with CR's face on that picture?? His left cheek looks like the one of a skull..Chris
Hi Chris,

Looks like he's doing that thing he does with his tongue.... ! :lol:

Lily
Hey Lily,

Mistery solved then :lol: :lol:
Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
lilybee wrote:Looks like he's doing that thing he does with his tongue.... ! :lol:
Emm.... What thing with his tongue???
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Tina3 wrote: Emm.... What thing with his tongue???
Hi Tina,how are you? I'm also wondering about this, have you noticed when he does a slide solo he seems to be talking to himself? Perhaps this is it? It has to be said, it is an unfortunate photo.
Regards,
Kevin.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Kevin,
How are you? Nice talking to you its been a while.I hope you are keeping well :)
blueskev wrote:t has to be said, it is an unfortunate photo.
I don't see this as an unfortunate photo.I see it as just a different expression of what Chris does best and it shows in his face.He is skin and bone now so some photos look strange but it still shows what he feels which I think is cool.
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I notice alot of guitar players (especially Blues/Slide) do this.It's like they sing the notes while they play them.
I think it's the emotion from the blues that brings this out and they are feeling.I was watching David Gilmour do this the other day but CR has alot of twisted expressions as he's expressing his music.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,
Jim M wrote:I notice alot of guitar players (especially Blues/Slide) do this.It's like they sing the notes while they play them.
I think it's the emotion from the blues that brings this out and they are feeling.
Well Jim from my point of view you can notice almost all players somehow 'feel' the music they play... and here I mean really ALL players; any instruments. Some shows it harder while some not.
Every time you grab your guitar you have to feel that kind of spark coming out from the music... if you don't it doesn't worth the time. If I feel the lack of intention when playing a song I simply finish.
So in short you are very-very right!
And doing slide really can bring out the devil...

Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Chris
Speaking about the slide bringing ouit the devil -have you ever seen the movie Crossroads w/Ralph Machio (not sure that's how it's spelt) ?He's a bit of a lightweight but he did a good job on this and Ry Cooder did the music so that makes up for the acting.Very interesting Blues movie.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Jim M wrote:Chris
Speaking about the slide bringing ouit the devil -have you ever seen the movie Crossroads w/Ralph Machio (not sure that's how it's spelt) ?He's a bit of a lightweight but he did a good job on this and Ry Cooder did the music so that makes up for the acting.Very interesting Blues movie.
Jim
I bought the dvd recently to let my guitar -playing son see it ...as you say , Ry Cooder does the great soundtrack (VERY BLUE GUITARS in places) .......and the guitar duel at the end ...Steve Vai plays the devil ,and also plays the kids guitar parts as well ...some of the best solos ever,ever ,EVER filmed ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kxaP59QQY
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello all;
poolie wrote:Was it Bart who said don't mix the two ??
Hahaha, yes I did! Thanks for the link!! :lol: :D

Something else; please try to keep the discussion a bit more to the original subject, or else please open a new topic (with a more appropriate title) in the right forum... Of course I know this is not always easy, but please try to follow this "rule"...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)