The man The voice The guitar

Yet another new TV interview with Chris, cool :)

Stop the presses
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Yet another new TV interview with Chris, cool :)

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello everyone, go to Youtube to check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIsM812ZCo

There is gonna be new music with gipsy violin, can´t wait to hear that one :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Yet another new TV interview with Chris, cool :)

Post by elangelo »

Thanks for the link! Yes, looking forward to hearing something new!
We already have CR billboards here in Moscow, also mentioning Paul Casey (he wasn't here during the last two tours). Anyway, I don't think I'll attend this gig, the ticket prices got higher this time although they were pretty much the same in 2006 and 2008, front row will cost $300 more this time (over $800), for example.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

elangelo wrote:Thanks for the link! Yes, looking forward to hearing something new!
We already have CR billboards here in Moscow, also mentioning Paul Casey (he wasn't here during the last two tours). Anyway, I don't think I'll attend this gig, the ticket prices got higher this time although they were pretty much the same in 2006 and 2008, front row will cost $300 more this time (over $800), for example.
Hi Elangelo!

Tickets for St.Petersburg gig aren't available yet, but the most expensive seats are known to cost $400, adequate seats are supposed to cost about $250-300, as 2 years ago. So welcome to St.Petersburg on the 12th of February!

Mr.B, thanks again for an amzing link and welocme to St.Peter's too! 8)
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

I can´t understand that high concert tickets at all.....
It is pure robbery and bullshit....
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Mr_Blues wrote:I can´t understand that high concert tickets at all.....
It is pure robbery and bullshit....
Totally agree, but that's how the world wags... :(
What'cha gonna do then? Which gig are you gonna attend?..
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

These ticket prizes to CR's concert in both, Moscow and St. Petersburg, are insane!
I wouldn't pay $800.00 nor even $400.00.
Here in Warsaw the tickets are running between $60.00 to max. $90.00 (VIP sector) and are still available online at this address:
http://www.livenation.pl/event/6514/chr ... 10-tickets
So, perhaps it would be smart of you guys to take a trip to Poland?
I guess similar prizes are being charged in other places, for instance in Prague.

By-the-way, the double CD, "Still so far to go" is available here in stores in two (2) different formats. The most expensive one, box, with a booklet inside, costs about $25.00 and the "local market" variation ("plane 2CD") an equivalent of $18.00.
Best regards to all,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes, Chris, maybe Warsaw or Prague, that's a good idea. But to me, it won't be worth paying for a trip and accommodation (evene if I visit Andrew in St. Petersburg) because I know that I'm going to hear ONE new song during the entire gig, even though I think this song is great.
The worst is gone....
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

By the way, it really makes us think that Chris won't get so much money from Moscow and St. Petersburg concerts! Maybe his agent will get a bit better commission :lol:
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

I very much hope it won't just ONE new song! That would be really insane, not the ticket prices!
elangelo wrote:By the way, it really makes us think that Chris won't get so much money from Moscow and St. Petersburg concerts! Maybe his agent will get a bit better commission :lol:
I'm sure he won't! Petersburg gig, as 2 previous ones is organized by EuroShow who are known to be very high-flying in their ambitions and self positioning. I once met a guy from that company (he wore TRTH&B T-short and claimed to have organized the entire show!) and I must admit he appeared to be very mean.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

THanks Andrew for the link !
I also can hardly wait to see what's coming w/Gypsey violins !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

andrew fischer wrote:I very much hope it won't just ONE new song! That would be really insane, not the ticket prices!
Well, it looks like there will be one new song... here in Moscow they write "The Best of" on the billboards. I think it makes things pretty clear. I will be glad to be wrong, of course.
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Jim M wrote:THanks Andrew for the link !
I also can hardly wait to see what's coming w/Gypsey violins !
Jim
Hi Jim, it was not me but Mr.Blues who posted the link 8)
elangelo wrote:
andrew fischer wrote:I very much hope it won't just ONE new song! That would be really insane, not the ticket prices!
Well, it looks like there will be one new song... here in Moscow they write "The Best of" on the billboards. I think it makes things pretty clear. I will be glad to be wrong, of course.
I wonder what's the use of feeding us with almost the same program for 4 years... In 2006 we were all heavenly happy but this time, if we are going to hear the same, we won't be, I'm sure.

For example, I attended 2 Patricia Kaas gigs with the same Kabaret program in a year, and I was quite shocked and certainly happy to see 2 significantly different shows (though the main line was the same). I expect Chris not to follow his Warner ''brothers'' too much :?
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

andrew fischer wrote:I wonder what's the use of feeding us with almost the same program for 4 years... In 2006 we were all heavenly happy but this time, if we are going to hear the same, we won't be, I'm sure.
Well, as someone here mentioned, the main audience needs the old hits, nothing else. So I'm sure the tickets will sell OK. The fans that know all the songs are really a minority. For most of the people, especially in Russia, Chris is a part of the 80's and 90's and they wouldn't be surprised to see him performing at the "AutoRadio 80's Disco" in Moscow :lol:
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Andrew
I stand corrected -THank you for the link Mr Blues !
Even C.R. himself mentioned in this very interview it amazed him how many young people had turned his music into dance hits so perhaps a disco appearance will not be "Still so far to go" :lol:
I agree that the decision for playlists is not really aimed at people like us (let's face it a small minority) but rather at the "German fans" that C.R. has spoken of that want thier money back because he didn't play on the beach.It's really a simple decision -If he's not playing any new songs and tickets are too expensive -Don't buy a ticket.I'm sure he'll sell out the venues he's booked and if not he'll have to address that on his next tour.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Well I wonder what would be the attendance and the press reviews after the gig if it'd be written "No Road ot Hell!" or "New stuff only!" or smth. like that...