The man The voice The guitar

Anything new ?

Stop the presses
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Anything new ?

Post by elangelo »

I think we heard a lot of stuff like this, e.g. where are Memfis Fireflies? :lol:
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I forgot about the Firefly's ! They even had a web site briefly.
I've heard from several people who swear he's fired the band !
THe rumour is that he wants new members who will interact more with the fans.
It'll be interesting to see !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I wish I've seen the site, I din't know they had one.
So you know what the members were? I mean, we all thought Fireflies should be Chris, Robert and Sylvan, for example (the old members anyway).
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

THe Fireflies site was a coming soon thing (that was linked to Jazzee Blue site) and no members were ever named (as far as I know).
If you recall Chris was never again going to tour under Chris Rea and at 1st it was going to be the Fireflies then it became The Delmonts & The Hofner Blue Notes.WE did discuss this here and I think at that time I had said C.R. under any other name is still Chris Rea (not many were coming to see the other members of the band).
Unfortunately Chris seems to only use his web site to promote his current project (tour or album) and not for updating his fans.At first I was frustrated by that and made several postings on his site for someone to answer some of the questions we all had but then I REAlized his site is just an ad for current prioject and no one appears to monitor it.
I'm not quite sure why he does this with his site maybe he's too old (he's the same age as me so I can say that) or perhaps he does not like to read what people are saying (I can imagine you'd have to have a pretty thick skin to read what people think about you !).Perhaps he should turn his site over to his daughters to run ? We all know who they are and I'm sure they are more tech savy.
Oh well I guess we'll all have to wait to see what his next web site & projects will bring !
So far we have -a revised La Passione Sept. 12/2011 -a book ? -a tour ? -a new album ?
I hear he's rehersing with his new band as we speak but as usual we'll know when we know.
Still So Far To Go
Jim
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes, I think we just have to accept this - the site is not about the news right now.
Maybe they are also right to assume that people forget about an artist very soon after the album release and there are relatively few people that want to see some news there.
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Well, if the band members will change we could hope for that the new blood would start to post more news about what´s going on.....depends on which age the new members are..... :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
chrisrea101
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by chrisrea101 »

hi all,

can I ask where people are getting this information from exactly?? ("I hear he's fired the band" "I hear he's rehearsing with them now" Have people got secret sources they'd rather not divuldge?

I love this pre-'new project talk'. same every time. Its all riduculous to be frank. So many times chris states one thing and does something completely different. ive learned to sit back, relax, and look forward to the next project and not moan about when its's going to be released/ what it is. Saying that this rumoured sacking of the band seems odd
Jump a train from Chicago
Trace it back
with the neck of a bottle
and the groove of the tracks
oh mississippi...running through my veins
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I know Chris has done this sort of thing before and probably will again so who knows for sure !
For one I like the band as it's been for awhile !
All I know is I have friends in low places and they swear this to be true -time will tell.
But in the meanwhile this is the most active the foroum's been in awhile !
I'm sure i'll enjoy whatever direction he goes -I always do.
JIm
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:But in the meanwhile this is the most active the foroum's been in awhile !
I'm sure i'll enjoy whatever direction he goes -I always do.
JIm
Maybe we should start to share false news to get the activity high again ;)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Mr. Blues
You were the one that asked the question "anything new " originaly -I'm only passing on what I've heard from what I feel is a reliable source.
I guess we'll all find out when C.R. does whatever he's going to do.
Jim
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Exactly, this is why i pass this item a lot. I do not care when he has bought a new cat or dog, or if his daughters have new lovers. I am in this because i love his music. Do not get me wrong i want his family to be happy. I have met him. excilerating.

But like another fan said. this....... moaning.

He is busy. I did not get this from anyone but you can count on it.

Its Chris Rea Incorporated.

I do not wanna shut down anyone, but this when he's this and when he's that.

Maybe i have a bad day, then i apologize to everyone.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:Mr. Blues
You were the one that asked the question "anything new " originaly -I'm only passing on what I've heard from what I feel is a reliable source.
I guess we'll all find out when C.R. does whatever he's going to do.
Jim
Hello Canada :)

Think my Finnish humor did not get response, at least reply did not have any laughs about it :)
Anyhow, I have heard the very same news as you about the new band, so you never know, time will tell.

Cheers from FInland :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

chrisreafan wrote:Exactly, this is why i pass this item a lot. I do not care when he has bought a new cat or dog, or if his daughters have new lovers. I am in this because i love his music. Do not get me wrong i want his family to be happy. I have met him. excilerating.

But like another fan said. this....... moaning.

He is busy. I did not get this from anyone but you can count on it.

Its Chris Rea Incorporated.

I do not wanna shut down anyone, but this when he's this and when he's that.

Maybe i have a bad day, then i apologize to everyone.
I dont give a dam....either about the other stuff, but the news about new music etc. would be nice to hear.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Hi Finland
You got me with your joke !
LIke we've discussed before w/so many cultural & language issues sometimes it's difficult to get our point accross the way we mean it -but we'll still kick your butt at hockey !

Chrisreafan
No need to appologize to anyone
I agree w/you totally.I too don't want to hear about his dog,cat,kids etc. and I also agree that it is Chris Rea inc.(you just need to read most of my posts )as I tottaly understand that this is a business and he should make decisions based on that.I also agree w/Mr. Blues that I want to hear about tour,new music etc.I do however feel that him replacing the band members is news that would be of interest.I'm not saying he's wrong or right in doing this (I don't even know for sure it's true) as i'm sure he's doing what he feels is correct for his art & carreer as he should.I"m (like everyone else here) just waiting to see what hopefully new matrial will be coming hopefully soon.
JIm
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:Hi Finland
You got me with your joke !
LIke we've discussed before w/so many cultural & language issues sometimes it's difficult to get our point accross the way we mean it -but we'll still kick your butt at hockey !

Chrisreafan
No need to appologize to anyone
I agree w/you totally.I too don't want to hear about his dog,cat,kids etc. and I also agree that it is Chris Rea inc.(you just need to read most of my posts )as I tottaly understand that this is a business and he should make decisions based on that.I also agree w/Mr. Blues that I want to hear about tour,new music etc.I do however feel that him replacing the band members is news that would be of interest.I'm not saying he's wrong or right in doing this (I don't even know for sure it's true) as i'm sure he's doing what he feels is correct for his art & carreer as he should.I"m (like everyone else here) just waiting to see what hopefully new matrial will be coming hopefully soon.
JIm
True, sometimes things gets misunderstood when there´s people from around the world....though sometimes there´s misunderstandings between the fellow countrymen as well so.... :)

About hockey, let´s see again next spring ;)

For the last time (I hope), the thing about artists and bands....it would be kind for the fans to let know what´s going on, as it´s the fans who´s basically allows artist or band have their success. No fans and records/concert tickets won´t sell. Some artists/bands has studio diaries where they tell how the album is getting on etc...that´s kind of bonding thing between artist/band and the fans. I think that its also a good way to promote album to the fans beforehand basically without any cost and it sets fans to the mode of really waiting the album to be released. Not sharing any info gives me kind of a cold picture about the artist/band. Its like the website is some kind of evil that you must have at least the times when the album comes out. I think that there should be somekind of obligation to use the website to something else as well and not just press the album picture there when its out or the new dates when those are out. The website should invite fans come back again and again, www.chrisrea.com is something you wanna look once and you never go back.